Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:44 PM
Default Just Another EA Glitch?
I've been all over the internet to see if other people had this glitch...I found a little information, but not much. The glitch is that to catch perfect Ninja Starfish, you must have perfect tofu. The EA site forum said that to get perfect tofu, you had to feed tofu to your Omni plant. I tried that but all my Omni grew was more normal tofu. Has anyone encountered this issue? Has anyone found a solution?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 6:40 AM
In order to get perfect produce from an omniplant you have to have a perfect omniplant to start with. This will "upgrade" any harvestable to perfect. But AFAIK this only works for things you can plant, i.e., it doesn't work with fish and I don't think that it works with turkey either, so I don't know whether it will work for tofu.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
In order to get perfect produce from an omniplant you have to have a perfect omniplant to start with. This will "upgrade" any harvestable to perfect. But AFAIK this only works for things you can plant, i.e., it doesn't work with fish and I don't think that it works with turkey either, so I don't know whether it will work for tofu.

Hmmm I used an excellent Omni seed, so wouldn't that have upgraded the tofu to excellent if in fact this is supposed to work on tofu? I will sure check it out though, I've been holding onto a perfect Omni seed. I'll let you know. Thank you, Morrighan (Runesong)
#4 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by runesong54
Hmmm I used an excellent Omni seed, so wouldn't that have upgraded the tofu to excellent if in fact this is supposed to work on tofu? I will sure check it out though, I've been holding onto a perfect Omni seed. I'll let you know. Thank you, Morrighan (Runesong)
It would have upgraded it, yes, if it worked for tofu. So, I guess tofu is just like any other non-plantable ingredient. No idea how you could get a perfect tofu then.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
It would have upgraded it, yes, if it worked for tofu. So, I guess tofu is just like any other non-plantable ingredient. No idea how you could get a perfect tofu then.

Yes, I tried the perfect Omni seed...still normal tofu. I guess we'll have to hope that someday, EA will decide to fix this glitch or we will never be able to catch perfect Ninja Starfish.
#6 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 6:05 AM
I'd rather begin to doubt the source you've got this information from. If there is no perfect tofu in the game how did they come to claim that only perfect tofu can catch that specific fish. Do you have a link?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 9:02 PM
Sure do have the link...here it is...
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/524551.page
I am doubting the source as well...I think perhaps they THOUGHT this would work, but didn't try it themselves. I also have this link...
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing_(The_Sims_3)
If you scroll to the bottom it says tofu is the bait for all of the starfishes.
#8 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:12 AM Last edited by babele44 : 1st Aug 2012 at 12:45 AM.
Yeah well, that user on the official forums is just plain wrong in many respects. A lot of the things they say about omniplants and how to use them is utter bullshit.

Quote:
lol what you are trying to do can be done with eithr 2 ways.

1. the way you try it right now which of course recquires MAXIMUM LUCK
Well, usually getting a perfect fish is not determined by luck but by skill and time. A Sim fully maxed in Fishing can get perfect fish without any bait at all, you just have to keep fishing. I haven't played an Angler recently, so I don't know whether the same applies for Starfish

Quote:
2. FISH WITH PERFECT QUALITY TOFU!!!
As we found out now, this is not possible

Quote:
To acquire perfect quality tofu you must:

unlock the ability to plant and feed and harvest the omni plant. choose an omni plant and chose it to produce TOFU.
We know now that this doesn't work.

Quote:
NOTE OMNI PLANT can not be acquired with the debug cheat and if you will ever manage to do so you will luck the skill to interact with it. so instead of bothering to cheat (if you intend to do so) just UNLOCK IT TO SAVE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME.
The Omniplant IS in buydebug or at least was the last time I checked, it's normal quality, however. But in any case ANYONE can feed it, even Sims without any skill points in gardening.

Quote:
The omni plant is the maximum reward for the gardening skill since you must maximize your garden skill, have the passive reward from points of super green thumb and finish the 3-CHAPTER QUEST of the Gardening skill.
You don't need the Super Green Thumb lifetime award, you just need maxed gardening to be able to plant it.

Quote:
so in order to unlock the omni plant you must first deliver 10perfect products to the grocery store during the appropriate matching active quest. then deliver eggs and cheese from egggplants and cheese plants. then repeat again with patties and stakes from burger patties bushels and meat stakes plants. all those during the quest. then you get the omni plant which can GROW EVERYTHING EDIBLE IN THE GAME. You can even grow sharks on them!!
IIRC you have to deliver 20 products of excellent quality, then only cheese, and then only steaks, no eggs or patty.

(...)

Quote:
PS: A LADY WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR HOME AND GIVE YOU 7 OMNI PLANT SEEDS. SO MAKE SURE YOU DO REALLY GOOD.
The "lady" is the mail carrier, noone special, and she delivers ONE seed after ordering it from the mailbox. And the initial batch of seeds, random number btw not seven, is given to you automatically after finishing the quest chain.

Quote:
QUESTION: CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHERE TO FIND TIBERIUM??
Play Command & Conquer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 10:45 AM
lol...love your post! I already knew that he was wrong about a lot of what he said. But when I order Omni seeds by the mail, I ALWAYS get 2. How weird that you get only one. Command and Conquer...lol...great answer.
#10 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 11:19 AM
Yeah might be two, I can't remember as I haven't ordered any for ages. I always get normal seeds from the mail so I gave up on that. Instead I have a community lot with a treasure chest that contains Omni Seeds of all qualities and I place this in every new neighbourhood I start. Once my Sims have completed the quest chain I allow them to open that chest and get the quality they need. The bad ones in case they work in culinary and get this blasted foul apples opportunity, the perfect ones in order to accelerate their gardening success . I hardly use them for objects as by the time Sims qualify for the Omniplant they're filthy rich anyway and can buy whatever they need.

But I'm glad you enjoyed my post. I was really tempted to log into the official site and leave a comment there, too, but then I realised that this user is probably very, very young.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 7:42 AM
Yes, I though the user sounded young, too. If you order Omni seeds in the mail, and then don't check your mail for a long time, it seems as you get better seeds? Sounds silly, I know, but it seems to work that way for me. If I check the mail too soon, I only get normal quality. This was something I stumbled on by accident. One of these days I'm going to download that seed treasure chest...but I rarely use the Omni plant so I just never did.
#12 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 11:13 AM Last edited by babele44 : 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:28 AM.
BTW, I think there might be a way to get better quality tofu, but I haven't tried it myself yet. For this you'd need a performer Sim and at least one more household member. When this performer is on stage you have the option to throw things on stage and I know that with fruit and vegetables you can choose the quality of the object to throw. That's how I got a perfect tomato in any case without gardening. Maybe this also works with tofu.

And thanks for the tip. Next Omni order will remain in the mail box

ETA: OK, I tried it. When a sim watches someone on stage they do have the option to throw tofu and chose between all qualities up to perfect. But, unfortunately, the tofu that arrives in the performer's inventory is always of normal quality
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 7:15 AM
I just saw your message. Part one sounded good, until I read your update. I'm pretty sure this is an EA glitch (goof, mistake...they overlooked this or something). I guess I will spend some of my time on the phone on Monday to let them know. Last time I had to call them (a couple of years ago and can't even remember why now, they apologized by giving me a $20 gift code to use on Origin for a game...I got Dragon Age. I will update you after I speak with them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 8:31 AM
You are gonna love this...lol...so I used up all of my Omni seeds, but had one last idea. I thought I would try to feed Ninja Starfish to the Omni plant. I figured it wouldn't work, but I thought it was worth a try. So I needed a few perfect Omni seeds and I wanted them fast. I used Twallen's Nraas Master Controller so that I could choose a specific opportunity. I didn't know for sure if this would work, but it did. I was able to do the "Omnificent Plant" opportunity over and over and over again. Maybe 15 times or so, until I had 8 outstanding seeds and 7 perfect seeds. Well, she got the seeds, and fed Ninja Starfish to her Omni plant. But NOTHING grew on it. When I moused over the plant, it said it was in the harvest state, but when I clicked on the plant for her to harvest it, the "harvest" option was not there???? Ugh. Guess I will be calling EA tomorrow, for all of the good it will do.
#15 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by runesong54
You are gonna love this...lol...so I used up all of my Omni seeds, but had one last idea. I thought I would try to feed Ninja Starfish to the Omni plant. I figured it wouldn't work, but I thought it was worth a try. So I needed a few perfect Omni seeds and I wanted them fast. I used Twallen's Nraas Master Controller so that I could choose a specific opportunity. I didn't know for sure if this would work, but it did. I was able to do the "Omnificent Plant" opportunity over and over and over again. Maybe 15 times or so, until I had 8 outstanding seeds and 7 perfect seeds. Well, she got the seeds, and fed Ninja Starfish to her Omni plant. But NOTHING grew on it. When I moused over the plant, it said it was in the harvest state, but when I clicked on the plant for her to harvest it, the "harvest" option was not there???? Ugh. Guess I will be calling EA tomorrow, for all of the good it will do.
Sigh! After umpteen expansions they still haven't managed to properly implement the new features into existing base game functions. My Sims also seem to be unable to learn the new traits from other Sims (has been going on like that since Ambitions), the new certificates lack a proper image (actually, this already applies to any skills that came since Generations), firefly collecting statistics reset after travelling (as do spacerocks and photography challenges) and now Omniplants are unable to reproduce the new fish.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 3:19 AM
I wanted to let you know that I attempted to contact EA by phone. The option to speak with a human is no longer an option. The recording now states that if you need help, you need to go to the EA website and go to the help section. I've done that before and never got any answer. Doesn't it just make you feel like EA is hiding? They probably got tired of so many people being disgusted with their games being so borked!
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 4:40 AM
For the record, I know for a fact that tofu is one of the things you can throw at performer sims. So I would definitely look into that option.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
#18 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
For the record, I know for a fact that tofu is one of the things you can throw at performer sims. So I would definitely look into that option.
Yes, but although the option to choose the quality level is there, the tofu is always of normal quality. Sims can throw rotten eggs or tomatoes but not rotten tofu.