Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 6:33 AM
Default Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Mornin, fellow MTSers. Hopefully despite TS3's era's already gone, some of you still lurk here and can give me some feedback on the world that I'm working on.

It is based on Los Angeles, California and its neighboring and/or incorporated cities. So far I've done Downtown, Pershing Square and LAX.

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 7:24 AM
I don't know how Los Angeles looks like but still some general feedback
1. Do you really want to build so close to the edge of the world?
2. I think you would a bit more terrain texturing on the highways (not the edge)
3. The roundabout / road layout in general seems slightly complicated, you may want to consider the routing.
4. I personally am not a fan of highrise CC, but still, great work for now! Go for it! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 7:33 AM
Most of those complicated junctions are just painted on the ground, so they shouldn't be problematic
The highways are still prone to change.
And about the edge, if I want to stay true to the real life counterpart, I really have to build so close to it. I've pretty much finished the coast around the airport, here is the result.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 9:37 AM
What a huge and exciting undertaking this is! But with your city-building track record from Fairhaven, and how that turned out, I have really high hopes! :D

Considering the sprawl of LA and the limitations of the game, what areas are you considering making? The downtown area, or also some of the residential hills?

There was an earlier very nice attempt at re-creating LA from Gabrymato, but unfortunately it was never finished.

Anyway, looking absolutely great, and great to have you back!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 10:05 AM
I'm planning on adding Santa Monica pier with its surroundings, Marina del Rey - that's the ocean's coast area. Between that and Downtown I'll build Rodeo Drive. Then on the easternmost end of the map I'm going to introduce the industrial area with a little residential neighborhood around a lake (sorta based on Mirror Park from GTA V) - to the northeast. North of Downtown I'll be adding City Hall area and surroundings, and further to the north will be Hollywood. South of downtown will be Inglewood's minature and further on a harbor - east of LAX. Sounds like a lot, but with help of decos and proper planning I might just squeeze it all in
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
I'm planning on adding Santa Monica pier with its surroundings, Marina del Rey - that's the ocean's coast area. Between that and Downtown I'll build Rodeo Drive. Then on the easternmost end of the map I'm going to introduce the industrial area with a little residential neighborhood around a lake (sorta based on Mirror Park from GTA V) - to the northeast. North of Downtown I'll be adding City Hall area and surroundings, and further to the north will be Hollywood. South of downtown will be Inglewood's minature and further on a harbor - east of LAX. Sounds like a lot, but with help of decos and proper planning I might just squeeze it all in

Sounds absolutely brilliant! Can't wait to see what you'll pull off
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 7:26 PM
Monsoon! You're back!

So far it looks great, and I can't wait for the suburbs. Are you going to include Angelino Heights / Carrol Avenue?
Also, if you need help with homes, I'm reporting for duty.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#8 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 10:23 PM
It's great to have you back with such an amazing project!
Everything looks really good in my opinion, those highway junctions are just wow... I wouldn't change a thing.
So for now I'll just sit and wait for more pictures

Good luck with this world!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Monsoon! You're back!

So far it looks great, and I can't wait for the suburbs. Are you going to include Angelino Heights / Carrol Avenue?
Also, if you need help with homes, I'm reporting for duty.

I've not really thought about that part much yet - it all depends on how dense the whole thing will turn out. I like how different that could turn out compared to the rest of LA, but if it'll come down to placing just two victorian houses, that'll be a pass since that would look rather out of place.

And again thanks for the kind words JB and Nilxis

And for an update, I've been working on some models today, mostly minor things like recolors or some airport stuff, to make that place more fleshed-out.

Here I'm figuring out Venice hood and Venice Beach.

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 5:03 PM
Marina Del Rey work in progress:

Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 2:38 AM
I love the canals and the terrain!
Will you add any IP boats in the canals? I think it would be a nice touch.

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 8:41 AM
I think youre doing an absolutely fantastic job, I love the props especially. The airport, freeways, etc., really adds to the immersion. Keep up the awesome progress, the WIP screens are fun to watch develop. :D

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
I love the canals and the terrain!
Will you add any IP boats in the canals? I think it would be a nice touch.

I'm afraid the bridges are too low, thus the Sims could only swim on that little stretch of the canal :/ Besides, as far as I know, Sims cannot route under bridges anyway. Or are you suggesting plopping them only for aesthetics? If so, twallan's overwatch will remove them right away if someone has it :/
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 10:39 PM
Saw this tonight, thought you might enjoy it. If not for inspiration, then just because it's an amazing video of Los Angelse

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2015/...o_ever_made.php
Instructor
#15 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 8:53 AM
Please, update this topic, Monsoon, from time to time so that we can see you still work on it. I'm an LA-lover since GTA V, so you can imagine that I'm eager to follow your project with great interest. The airport is awesome, the marina is awesome, and omg there is the muscle beach building with the open-air gym! I really hope some day I can download this world.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 5:09 PM
I agree very much with the above, as I was in Los Angeles on holiday
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 3:51 AM
Hi Monsoon
Are you going to make Fernado valley?
I think its would look great with some suburbs surrounded by Big amazing mountains, and two highways crossing Hollywood Hills .
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 4:09 AM
The San Fernando Valley definitely has to go in, because where else would actors who don't make it in Los Angeles go?
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
The San Fernando Valley definitely has to go in, because where else would actors who don't make it in Los Angeles go?

San Fernando Valley is hot af.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 5:40 PM
Oh that's just really cool! Hit me up if you need FOX Plaza (the building from Die Hard), because I have it in my game.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 4:43 AM
Sigh, I got really excited when I saw a bump on this post. Hate to add to the necro, but go ahead and slap my wrists - I miss @Monsoon.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 11:34 PM
I need this world in my life. Has the guy really been gone since 2015? No life signs or anything?
Besides the Tweets he made last March, I mean?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 12:16 AM
Apparently IRL stuff?