Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

TS2toTS3: Short Mop Hair (All Ages, Both genders!)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 5,283 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 203,744 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:14 PM
Updated: 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:39 PM
Yep, moar hair!

I always loved this floppy hair that was in the base game of TS2, and I thought it'd be fun to have for my TS3 sims, especially the guys. Just cute and floppy and casual and nice. And of course, in trying it on Roxie (who looks adorable in any short hair I put on her), I decided that I'd go ahead and do it for females as well.

The textures are from Fansee's edit, Fuller Floppier Hair, using the Starsims alpha that fansee used. Thanks Fansee and Starsims for the lovely textures and alpha!

Details:
  • Truly custom hair - not a replacement! This will show up as a new item in CAS to choose. It will -not- be marked as custom content but will show up at the end of the list of default hairs (or mixed in with Store hair, if you have it).

• Works properly for different body types (fit/fat/etc) and colour options (main/roots/highlights/tips). There's a tiny seam in the tip colours on the very back. You'll only notice it if you set the tip colour to wildly different than the main colour, and stare at the back.

• For all ages (toddler through elder). Looks nice on all the ages - especially cute on teens. There's a tiny imperfection at the very back of the neck for toddlers - you'll only notice when they're looking way down, or if you have the hair set to funky colours.

• For both genders (male and female). Not a real feminine hairstyle, but I love short hair on girls, and I know many people like butch/trans/otherwise short haired girls. It's a LOT easier for me to make both genders all at once. If you only want it for males, you can use -just- the file #1 but you will lose it for kids and toddlers that way.

• May not be perfectly perfect. You may notice a very slight line along the top of the hair on both sides, especially when in CAS, at certain angles. I haven't noticed this in-game very much at all, and it's minor. As mentioned above, toddlers have a small bit on the back of their necks that are a little weird. Shouldn't be many other issues. For best results, please set your game to high detail - I can't guarantee that the lower LODs look very nice but they do function properly and shouldn't cause crashes.

To install:

1. Download the rar file and extract the four .package files from it.

2. Install the .package files - recommended is use of the Helper Monkey! You need all four if you want it to work for everyone.

3. Play! You shouldn't have to delete your cache files. Find the hair in Create a Sim for your new sims, or Change Appearance on a mirror for your existing ones.

Model credits:

Raymond by TummyZa, and Roxie by me. Eyes are by me, face is by Aikea Guinea.

No requests, please...

I am definitely going to do more hair for TS3... but I have limited time I can spend on creating (darn that real life and need to sleep!), and plenty of existing plans on which hairs (and what type of hairs) I want to do first.

I have permission from Nouk to convert her hairs, I have my own hairs I made for TS2, and hairs from TS2 itself all that can be done, as well as perhaps some brand new styles I might do. Which is probably enough to keep me busy for a year!

I will mainly be focusing on shorter, more "masculine" styles for a while, as guys tend to get the short end of the stick when it comes to hair. Any that are female or child appropriate will work for them, too. But with so much to do, I really don't take requests, suggestions, hints, or "ooh that'd be cool!" into consideration.

Huge thanks to:

DELPHY!! For slaving over figuring out non-replacement hair and for putting together a super easy to use tool to make it!

WES!! For his awesome Q-Mesh plugins for Milkshape!

Fanseelamb and Starsims! For the texture and alpha.

All the awesome folks who figured out the file formats and gubbins to allow this to happen.

Polygon Counts:
Count for LOD0 (highest detail) is 1102. LOD1-LOD3 are much lower.