Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:01 AM
Clean Installer won't open for some reason?
Like the title says. I just got Ultimate Collection from the thing EA's doing. My CC wouldn't show up and some of the solutions I've encountered all refer to this software. So I tried the latest version.

Won't open. I double click the desktop shortcut after installation, ran it as admin and even clean uninstalled/reinstalled it a couple times. The no-install version also doesn't work.

Maybe it's cause I have .Net 4.5.1? I know it says I need 2.0, but http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3 doesn't give me anything. It's just Microsoft saying that they have nothing.

I'm on Win7 Home, 64-Bit. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:10 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 28th Jul 2014 at 3:49 PM.
Do you mean that the Clean Installer window doesn't show up on the screen? If that's not it, can you explain what you see? Do you see an error message?

Some screenshots might help if you're having problems describing things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
Nevermind, I found a way to get my CC to show up without using Clean Installer.

But just to be helpful, this is what I'm getting every time I double click on Clean Installer.

Just straight up '.. has stopped working' and that's it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 6:30 PM
This is the same problem I have. I've uninstalled and reinstalled CI. When I install it, and it says to start it, I try and get that error message. When I try to open a sim2pack/lot I get that message. When I try to download a lot without CI installed I just get a screen of nonsense syllables.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:23 AM
My problem is the program won't open at all. Doesn't show any error message or anything. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, redownloaded and still nothing. It just won't even open at all.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:34 AM
Try running it as admin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~