Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:19 PM
Default How to stop TS4 Dogs from rolling in trash?
My Sims have a dog, and that dog rolls in trash and puddles everytime it has occassion to do so... And this family has a toddler... So there are a lot of occasssions to do so. There is no way to teach the dog to not do so, and because of that, the dog is not allowed to enter home anymore. I even think of getting rid of the dog, cause the female Sim is in pregnant again, and having two small kids AND the dog, that behaves like a toddler, is far to much to ask from my Sims :P

Any tips how to stop the dog from rolling in trash and puddles? This makes the dog dirty and they have to wash it every day. And it's hard to manage to clean everything before dog can see the trash/puddle.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
My Sims have a dog, and that dog rolls in trash and puddles everytime it has occassion to do so... And this family has a toddler... So there are a lot of occasssions to do so. There is no way to teach the dog to not do so, and because of that, the dog is not allowed to enter home anymore. I even think of getting rid of the dog, cause the female Sim is in pregnant again, and having two small kids AND the dog, that behaves like a toddler, is far to much to ask from my Sims :P

Any tips how to stop the dog from rolling in trash and puddles? This makes the dog dirty and I have to wash every day. And it's hard to manage to clean everything before dog can see the trash/puddle.

You can discipline them and if you do it enough they will stop. It's easier if you start when they are still in the puppy stage though (same as in real life).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 1:33 PM
Hmmm... My Sims did it several times and notthing happens, there even isn't any info that it gives anything. I'll try it, but now, I'm really thinking of getting rid of the dog, but I don't how :P
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Hmmm... My Sims did it several times and notthing happens, there even isn't any info that it gives anything. I'll try it, but now, I'm really thinking of getting rid of the dog, but I don't how :P

You did? The dog should have a little thought bubble pop up like it recognized what you were saying. I hope that makes sense. My experience has been that dogs without the Smart trait learn really, really slow unless they're puppies. It takes several tries sometimes to get it to work and it can be super frustrating in a large household.