Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Traveler Mod
I had no idea where to put this because the WCIF has a category for mods, and the Help doesn't so just let me know if I'm in the right place lol

So hopefully not a difficult question to you all, but with the travel mod, how do you travel home? (edit: my sims live now in roaring heights, but I made her travel to her original home she grew up in) I traveled home (appaloosah plains) and it restarted the whole world over again. So I can't fly home visit family, friends anything. Did I need to put something in a another file so I can fly home?

thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:00 AM
Strange as it may seem, the best place to have asked this would have been at NRaas. We provide support for NRaas mods, it's kind of what we are there for.

How did your sims come to live in Roaring Heights? If you used the in-game Move to New World feature without the Traveler mod in play or placed a copy of your sim(s) in by way of the household bin (or used NRaas Porter), then you have essentially started a new game and the Appaloosa your sims once knew no longer exists at least not in that game save. There is a specific procedure for moving sims from one world to another by way of the Traveler mod so that both worlds remain in play within the same saved game, relationships and history are maintained, and the worlds as you left them can be traveled between.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler%20FAQ
(see the Switching Homeworlds section towards the end)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Strange as it may seem, the best place to have asked this would have been at NRaas. We provide support for NRaas mods, it's kind of what we are there for.

How did your sims come to live in Roaring Heights? If you used the in-game Move to New World feature without the Traveler mod in play or placed a copy of your sim(s) in by way of the household bin (or used NRaas Porter), then you have essentially started a new game and the Appaloosa your sims once knew no longer exists at least not in that game save. There is a specific procedure for moving sims from one world to another by way of the Traveler mod so that both worlds remain in play within the same saved game, relationships and history are maintained, and the worlds as you left them can be traveled between.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler%20FAQ
(see the Switching Homeworlds section towards the end)

I had the traveler mod in play when I moved, and when I wanted my sim to travel back home for snowy day, it ended up being a restart of appaloosa plains. I read the traveler mod link you showed me but I'm confused because I followed everything they said to do. is this a glitch?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:59 AM
So the sim was originally moved to RH by having them vacation there, buying a vacation home, moving into it formally, and the invoking the Change Hometown command (with a save as, total quit to desktop, and reload)? If so, it not expected behavior or a known issue with those two worlds provided you are on the current version of Traveler (v87). Do you also have ErrorTrap in play?

You might want try a test game off to the side, perhaps with two different worlds, make some obvious to see changes to World A (like add a bowling alley or something), move some sims from World A to World B using the vacation fake-out method, then Change Hometowns on them and see if they can then travel back to where they started and not end up with a fresh instance of World A again instead. This would be to verify that the mod is even working as it should be for you, when following the exact moving and switching homeworld procedures.

If you still have issues or the test doesn't really help determine what went wrong the first time, I'm very sorry but I'll have to say this again. Support for NRaas mods is provided at NRaas.