Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default The picture for a household that appears at the main menu is missing
i dont know how but for some reason my family portrait(that you see at the main menu) disappeared and i was wondering if i could generate a new image, i tried copying the exact same image from a backup of an older version of the save and inserting the photo inside the current save(with s3pe) and it worked for a while before reverting to not having a picture. it may have something to do with the fact that i have 15 different sims(well 2 unicorns, 2 dogs and 3 plumbots and the rest are sims)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:18 PM
I have this happen all the time with overstuffed households. It's not harmful, just annoying to see. The only "solution" I've found is that if the household changes up in any way -- someone new is added, removed, ages up, dies, etc., then a new thumbnail might be generated and stick around for a while.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 4:43 PM
If you have deleted SNAP resources as a part of cleaning a bloated savefile what you describe is normal behaviour. After playing the stripped savefile again for some seconds all necessary SNAPs will regenerate. About overstuffed households I know nothing since I never play more than 8-sim households. Maybe I'll try to see what happens if I save as/quit a house with a pregnancy exceeding 8. My mods should allow that.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:49 PM
Another thing that causes this is if your household owns a tent or several tents and you have it/them stored in a container, like a treasure chest.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Another thing that causes this is if your household owns a tent or several tents and you have it/them stored in a container, like a treasure chest.

Yes that's right, I keep forgetting about that one (since I never store tents in chests). Why is that such an amazingly popular thing for players to do?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 8:50 AM
I don't know about other people's reasons but I can tell you that I did it back then in order to save on bills. The top tier tent is pretty expensive and putting it into some kind of inventory will remove it from the billable worth of a household.
Now I either carry it around in a personal inventory or place it in the family inventory. The chest, however, would have been more convenient.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 1:48 PM
ive never owned tents(and this issue is different the image missing with tents is the image of the lot your family is located at not the family themselves) and now im up to 16 my two unicornns recently had a foal(well i actually used master controller since i wasnt happy with the way it turned out and had 9 foals and deleted the ones i didnt like) does anyone know how many portraits you can have maximum because i may have more soon
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:56 PM Last edited by igazor : 29th Mar 2018 at 3:28 PM.
Do you mean how many portraits on the interactive portait panel on the left side of the screen in the game? The PortraitPanel mod extends it to 24. You can have more than that (or more than the modless game allows), but then you have to use the space-bar to toggle between the portraits to get to the next "page" of them.