Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:38 PM
Default Making a Long Dress
Hiya all!

So, does anyone know, how I could make this dress:

Into a full length dress?
I then want to make the ankle-and-down part of it a lace transperant texture, and also flare it. But First I need to know how to make it this length and the whole joints thing

Thanks, have a great day! :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:41 PM
Also I see a texture issue with the black line in the front compared to the back but I figured I'll fix it once I get to the whole lace-thing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2016 at 5:05 PM
I aslo the hope to make a transperent type ''shirt'' for the chest and sleeves.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:59 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 4:11 AM.
Alright I think I have the joints figured out

I just have this doubt.

In game from this angle you would see outside the dress, so, how can I fix that? I also want the shoes to be seen. (Though I still plan on texturing the dress around the shoes with silky transperant lace).
Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2016 at 1:10 AM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 4:12 AM.
I seem to have done it, by merging all the inside vertices of the bottom row of the dress and then moving it upwards.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2016 at 7:06 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 4:12 AM.
Okay, this didn't work because it would make the legs appear all the time. I guess if you want a full length dress you can't see the shoes. I had to move it back down. Now it only shows the feet when walking, which can pass since it gives the feeling of the dress moving
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th May 2016 at 9:20 PM
Uuf, another problem...

Oh my!

I thought it would be a Bump map issue again, but I don't have one because I deleted it from the other time I had a bumb map issue! :P
Could it possibly be that I did something wrong in photoshop? Because the paleness is the same as the background in photoshop. Or could it be that when I bui8lt the DXT I did it in the wrong format?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2016 at 12:40 AM
There shouldn't be any background in Photoshop if you're using Build DXT. The texture should be transparent where you want the skin to show through.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2016 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
There shouldn't be any background in Photoshop if you're using Build DXT. The texture should be transparent where you want the skin to show through.

Right, thanks!

I also think why that happened was because I was saving it as a JPG and not as a PNG. Oh dear >_<

Anyways the pale thing is gone.

Of course another problems is here witch is that her bossoms texture went crazy! I think I just've accidently used the liquify tool or something!

I have another question however, where do you usually get your textures? Google? I would like a lace for the dress. I also then hope to make the whole arms and chest have a lace glove type thing. I'm not sure how I can do that since I can't see the skin in photoshop. Hmm..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th May 2016 at 5:57 PM
>Oh you can actually see the breast failure in that picture over there... Could it be the Bump map? Would be strange since I don't have it...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th May 2016 at 6:49 PM
I either take textures from the game or I find them online.

If you want to make lace gloves, use the UV map as a template so you know where to put the texture.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2016 at 8:31 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 4:14 AM.

If you want to make lace gloves, use the UV map as a template so you know where to put the texture.

Oh alright thanks

I have another problem though , Ever since I fixed the texture to fit the UV map, my dress looks perfect and everything, except when I try to edit the mesh again! It was all well but I realized I had jointed some stuff wrong, so when I fix those joints, the whole dress (In game) Gets cuts and transperacy issues. And I mean HUGE cuts... WHat could that be? Hm...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2016 at 1:00 AM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 4:15 AM.
Oh I seem to have fixed it! I'm not sure what I did specifically... I think it was mostly because I was assigning joints but not to the curvy morph!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th May 2016 at 1:01 AM
The bossom area is still horrid though >_<
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th May 2016 at 11:43 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 10th Jul 2016 at 4:15 AM.

Alright well this is the basically finfished outfit. It's really not what I was hoping and I'm quite disappointed. I just need to fix the hand lace glove thing because thats not what I was thinking of at all. I'm going to use the leggings from the freetime ''dance'' instructor for that texture I believe. I also need to fill in the gaps under the arms.

What leaves me most confuzzled however is that I have come to realize that texturing was much harder than meshing... MUCH harder for me. Strange :o

Well anyways thanks so much for all the help!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th May 2016 at 8:11 PM
Oof. Would you happen to know how to make a transperant lace texture? I tried using one from the kitchen and bath stuff luxurious underwear, but It was such a small texture it was impossible to work with. I also didn't notice any difference in the texture...