Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:26 AM
Default Pet with or without Last Names
Some pets in the game have last names, but some don't.

At first, I thought when I bought or moved in a pet, the game would automatically add the last name. However, it did not result the way that I expected. Yes, I have tried both ways -- purchasing a pet using a phone and moving in a pet using the hack. :p

So I am just wondering ...
Do people experience the same thing?
Or, Am I missing something?

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Advertisement
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:22 AM
I added a dog to my lot and used our last name when I created him, so since the 2 names were the same, it just ended up being his 1st name and our last name

Then I created a dog for the neighbor and gave her a different name than the family I added her to, so she has 3 names - a 1st, her CAP last name, and the family`s last name. So needless to say, the name thing is strange!
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:50 AM
When I create a pet and move it into a household afterwards (combining) you have to give it a last name in CaF. When added, it keeps its surname from CaP, in my experience.

When I adopted over the phone, the pet wasn't given a last name, it was simply "Didi".

I haven't tried buying one from the Pet Store yet.

Leyla - That 3 names thing is v.odd, lol. I hope that gets fixed.. or your pets could have cute middle-names
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:24 AM
You can create Pets without a last name in CAS (CAP) I tested it on a hunch and it worked. The pet shows up as part of the Pets family while it loads, but once you get them into a lot, they only display the first name you gave them.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets