Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#76 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:57 PM
Since you guys all have it, how does the ep effect you graphics-wise with/out cc in it? I'm stressing a bit, because I have cc I want to keep in the game with pets and when I go on a big lot with lots of objects and sims, the graphics get a bit blurry
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:59 PM
my graphics are cool but everytime I'm moving a sim on a lot his/her facial structures changes!!!!!
#78 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:59 PM
Mines from pre-order, which means it'll be here soon -squeels- I CANT WAIT XO
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#79 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:02 PM
Mine was preorder too, gave up on having patience, went and bought mine, and am selling my preorder copy to a friend LOL.
Mine loads fine, no blurriness with cc. It WAS faster loading without downloads folder, I will admit, esp. since my downloads folder is 2 gig. If you are having issues it is probably a graphics card/amount of memory issue.
Test Subject
#80 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:07 PM
So did you guys remove ALL custom content? Even just the clothes and stuff? Because I only have 3 hacks I used (one where vampires looked normal, the other two I forgot) plus InSim. I don't use custom food or anything, all of my custom content is clothes, furniture, paintings, hair, make-up, etc. I'm going to lose all of it anyway because my desktop crashed *cries* but I guess the question is - when I finally do get it to work (we're gonna try and reinstall Windows to see if it helps) should I bother re-DLing custom content at all?
#81 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Breakage
So did you guys remove ALL custom content? Even just the clothes and stuff? Because I only have 3 hacks I used (one where vampires looked normal, the other two I forgot) plus InSim. I don't use custom food or anything, all of my custom content is clothes, furniture, paintings, hair, make-up, etc. I'm going to lose all of it anyway because my desktop crashed *cries* but I guess the question is - when I finally do get it to work (we're gonna try and reinstall Windows to see if it helps) should I bother re-DLing custom content at all?

I just had problem with one hack, one enabling community sleeping. So I would say that just backup your neighbourhood and run game with custom content. I think that you have good chances of it working perfectly.

Or maybe InSim might cause problems, so better remove it..

One thing I noticed and like about Pets is that buying clothes is faster now. Clothes rack loads up clothes selection box almost immediately when it used to take long time.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#82 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 7:19 PM
I kept a few of my hacks (lot full of sims, which seems to give me the side benefit of no limit to pets triplets quads hack, a few minor ones like selling novels satisfies earn money want, and a few I cant name off the top of my head) but no real issues seem to be showing up, plus I kept custom content.
#83 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:38 PM
To answer melanie's question : The graphics are good, infact I think (if its possible) installing the new games (FFS,GLS & Pets) has made my graphics sharper - or it might just be that it re-adjusts the settings to the highest your computer to handle when you first load it.
If your graphics look blurry if you're using a lot of CC, try to turn down the options you might not need so much - such as shadows, reflections, view neighbours etc.

In response to Breakage:
If you liked the CC, I reccommend re-downloading it. I've had no problems or conflicts at all with using Pets & custom content. I'd be wary of hacks for now, though. Check the sticky in this forum about compatible hacks and temp. remove the ones that are listed incompatible. It should run just fine with custom objects, skins, hairs, eyes etc. though
#84 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:00 PM
I agree with you Gloss, my graphics seem sharper also. I always keep mine on the highest setting anyway.

My cc works fine, but I had problems with some mods, the censor & insimenator, and body shop was messed up. The censor caused my sim to go to work at midnight.... he's captain hero. When I took it out he went to work regular time. Insim causes my animals cues to drop out.
I'm thankful that I have not had more problems than that.
#85 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 10:52 PM
ohh im so excited! im getting it this coming Thursday I think :D
Theorist
#86 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 10:54 PM
I'm still a little annoyed about the limited interaction with the birds. Why can't we create birds (customize them?) and why do sims not have a 'relationship' with them? Just wondering.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#87 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:58 AM
I noticed that my neigborhood view is up (where you can see your next door neighbor, etc, when you play..) Since i've installed Pets. i don't know if its because of that or because i got more RAM.. O.o; Everything was set on high, usually when i install a new ep, it goes back to crappy graphics..
Test Subject
#88 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:20 AM
Thank you TSN, gloss. and gdayars for answering my question =) Sadly, we couldn't get our desktop (I'm on my laptop now) to even boot up so we have to resort to rebuilding a computer *SIGHS* But it is good to know that the regular custom content works fine =) Whoo hoo! I can't live without it either, haha. I don't generally like the default Maxis stuff.
Page 4 of 4