Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
So I spawned the INSIM and clicked restore family and *instantly* she gave birth to 4 kittens.
I thought InSim doesn't work with pets. Maybe there's the conflict?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 12:57 AM
This happened to me too.
I had one guy (Donald, son of Dina Caliente and Mortimer Goth), who had a black and tan hound and a Shiba Inu. They bred and had absolutely adorable puppies within like 1 day (maybe more but it seemed awful fast).

Now I have another family (some of Brandi Broke's kids) who have a couple of mutts and they tried for babies, were successful, complete with music, and it's been 4 days but no pups.

I have three Sims in the house and then the 2 dogs. I also have absolutely no hacks or custom content (my sim-playing computer doesnt even have internet, so no chance of hacks interfering ever, ever).
Field Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:28 AM
I have had two seperate households have babies. One was the Maxis Kat family and one was the other Maxis family with the one guy and dog (can't remember his name). Anyway, they had a litter of 3 cats and a litter of 3 dogs and both pregnancies took 3 days. Hmm...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:48 AM
Seems that each pregnancy can be a totally random amount of days then
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:26 AM
i've had 6 pregnancies and they have tended to be around 2 days (sometimes a few hours longer, esp for dogs). This includes 4 dog pregnancies and 2 cat pregnancies. The offspring have ranged from 1 to 4. I'm playing with only one hack--the larger families, aka lot full of sims, by Doc Doofus (I think that's the guy). The only time the pregnancy lasted more than a few hours over 2 days was when the mom dog went to work and came back with many give birth actions in her cue and ended up stepping out the car and immediately dropping down to give birth. The first dog pregnancy was closer to a day and a half.
Although most of these pregnancies happened with only one family. I'll have to try it in different lots and different neighborhoods. I don't know why, but maybe that's the reason for all these different times. Or perhaps, every game is unique in some way and that flavors this. It's a real connundrum that people are having different pregnancy lengths, since we've all had approx. 3 day preg length with Sim people.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:25 AM
I have one dog pregnancy that's been going on for about three and a half WEEKS. I've forced errors, I've moved lots, I've removed all CC, she had a pet job but keps saying she couldn't go for being pregnant, and eventually got fired but never gave birth, I've turned aging on, turned aging off, deleted the dog and exited the lot to respawn her, litereally everything I could think of and she still hasn't given birth, in the time she's been pregnant I have had other dogs and cats sucessfully have litters (all pregnancies seemed to be within a few hours of 2 days).

English girls can be so mean! ~ Ryan Adams
Someone in Texas loves me!
The Jorenne Fan Club ~ 17 members and counting
Forum Resident
#32 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:17 AM
In my first test, the pregnancy took about 12 hours.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
#33 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:21 AM
Well one my doggies is pregnant right now and waiting for the birth! She just got pregnant...

Slightly off topic but every time my dogs try to sleep on their bed or house they get like kicked out. I mean they will lay down for 5 seconds and then they like float off of the bed or out of the house. I have Insim, so I removed it. Do you think that might be why?
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#34 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:34 AM
Have you tried again since removing insim?
#35 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:13 AM
lol Ok works, I took out Dizzy's Light hack, Colorenabler, and Risky woohoo pregnancy tuning... or something like that lol
Page 2 of 2