Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 9:43 PM
May I ask how you install .dll files? I still don't get it.. For me the S3PE installation appears as application and don't have any installation folders. S3PE works fine for me, only that it doesn't have the medieval option in edition. Hope I state my ask sensible because my english skills aren't so good. Hope someone will notice my ask since this tread haven't been active for 3 months. Thank you all
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Petit Revanche
May I ask how you install .dll files? I still don't get it.. For me the S3PE installation appears as application and don't have any installation folders. S3PE works fine for me, only that it doesn't have the medieval option in edition. Hope I state my ask sensible because my english skills aren't so good. Hope someone will notice my ask since this tread haven't been active for 3 months. Thank you all

C:\ProgramFiles\s3pe

the dll gets dropped in there.
Remember to back up the original dll, I just change the dll extension on the original to ts3 and leave it in the folder.
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:37 AM
In addition to what ChickieTeeta said: If you're using a recent version of S3PE, you should use the updated wrapper that grimreefer24601 now maintains. I've added a link at the top of this thread. (And it's easy to find as it's a sticky thread in the Sims Medieval forum.)
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
C:\ProgramFiles\s3pe

the dll gets dropped in there.
Remember to back up the original dll, I just change the dll extension on the original to ts3 and leave it in the folder.

Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
In addition to what ChickieTeeta said: If you're using a recent version of S3PE, you should use the updated wrapper that grimreefer24601 now maintains. I've added a link at the top of this thread. (And it's easy to find as it's a sticky thread in the Sims Medieval forum.)

Many Thanks for you both I Really appreciate it.
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 6:53 PM
Btw I got S3PE work with the medieval part, but sadly it transform the files onto medieval 2.0 version and I can't update my game single I have windows 8. I have tried to upload the game for the newer version but the game wont start anymore.... I have searched that problem and many person have say'd that the game wont work for them with the update 2.0. May I ask here is there any hack or help for that thing or do I have to play my game without modding... I appreciate really if someone will answer
Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 10:14 PM
You can try the older wrappers attached to the first post, but you'll need an old version of S3PE for that to work. ChickieTeeta linked to such a version on page one.
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 4:10 PM
You can try the older wrappers attached to the first post, but you'll need an old version of S3PE for that to work. ChickieTeeta linked to such a version on page one.

Okay. Thanks you so much ^^
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petit Revanche
Okay. Thanks you so much ^^

Ookay now I loaded older verion of S3PE and loaded the cas wrappers made you from front page of this tread and now the S3PE won't read the files right and I can't grid them to medieval file. Did I do something wrong lol....
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 8:10 AM
Is this the one you used: Medieval CASPart Wrapperv1.0.1.zip?

If you took the correct one, double-check that the old CASPart wrapper that comes with S3PE is backuped somewhere else. It is not enough just to rename it because then it might still be loaded. You can also double check that the it's 32bit/64bit as needed (match to your S3PE version).
Test Subject
#35 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 5:11 PM
Is this the one you used: Medieval CASPart Wrapperv1.0.1.zip?

If you took the correct one, double-check that the old CASPart wrapper that comes with S3PE is backuped somewhere else. It is not enough just to rename it because then it might still be loaded. You can also double check that the it's 32bit/64bit as needed (match to your S3PE version).

Sorry for late answer. Have been busy lately... Yes I loaded the Medieval CASPart Wrapperv1.0.1.zip file. and put both 32bit and 64 bit to the C:/programfiles/ElectronicArts/thesimsmedieval/game/bin. I have version s3pe_12-1225-1206 of the s3pe. Is it even the right one lol... XD Sorry for all the trouble.
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 5:41 PM
@Petit Revanche: The wrapper belongs in the S3PE folder, NOT the game folder. Don't add both 32bit and 64bit version, but pick the one that fits your download. If you're not sure, try the 32bit one, if that doesn't work, try the other.
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 11:05 AM
@Petit Revanche: The wrapper belongs in the S3PE folder, NOT the game folder. Don't add both 32bit and 64bit version, but pick the one that fits your download. If you're not sure, try the 32bit one, if that doesn't work, try the other.

Ah yeah stupid me lol I forgot that
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 8:56 PM
Can someone please help? I've just installed S3PE and when I go to open it, it keeps saying that an old version is installed, and when I click OK to remove it, it just takes me through the installation again. And then it still says I've got an old version installed. Can you help???
Field Researcher
#39 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A Paper Rose
Can someone please help? I've just installed S3PE and when I go to open it, it keeps saying that an old version is installed, and when I click OK to remove it, it just takes me through the installation again. And then it still says I've got an old version installed. Can you help???

I'm not sure if this will help, but if I were you I'd uninstall the version of S3PE you currently have installed, and I would make sure ALL the files and folders and everything are completely gone from your computer. Go on your C drive, and delete any folders that are installed on your computer...just get rid of all S3PE files, everywhere. Then reboot your computer, and install the new version of S3PE.

I have no idea why you're having trouble, and if what I've suggested will help. If not, I'd check out the forum where you go to download S3PE. Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 1:33 PM
Help! I'm having a problem. When i open my sims 3 package file and choose the CASP file, i can choose Hex, but not Preview or Grid. Can you help me?
Inventor
#41 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:00 PM
You don't use this mod to open sims 3 packages, it's for opening CASP files that come with the Sims Medieval game. You take out this mod when you want to edit Sims 3 CASP files.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:04 PM
Hello, I have problems to with this tool
i had made all steps in the instruction, but it doesn't work
can't you make a video tutorial for this, please?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 2:39 PM
Hi there, i don't understand this bit of the instructions : 'Copy the fitting .dll (32bit or 64bit) into your S3PE installation folder' What does this mean please ?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 10:34 PM
When you install S3PE it will install the version matching your system automatically. You will need to figure out if you're on a 32- or 64-bit system. The easiest way to do that is to go to your C: drive and check if you only got a Program Files folder or if you've also got a Program Files (x86) folder. If the latter is the case, you're on a 64-bit system, and you should therefore use the 64-bit .dll file.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 11:18 AM
Ah right. So i do have a Program Files (x86) folder so i used the 64 - bit.dll file. However, when i click on the casp file from a sims 3 hair, there is still no profession medieval section?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 6:55 PM
Hi there, i'm not even sure if anyone will reply since this was last discussed in 2013. I have S3PE and the S3 CC to Medieval CASPart Wrapper.zip but whenever i click GRID on the CASP file, there is no profession medieval? I don't know what I've done wrong? Thanks
Field Researcher
#47 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by taraab
Hi there, i'm not even sure if anyone will reply since this was last discussed in 2013. I have S3PE and the S3 CC to Medieval CASPart Wrapper.zip but whenever i click GRID on the CASP file, there is no profession medieval? I don't know what I've done wrong? Thanks

Seems I'm the only one working on TSM files these days, lol. If TSM were easier to mod it'd get more attention. Anyway, it's not the specific words "profession medieval" that you're supposed to be looking at. When you click "grid" you unfold the area that lists the medieval professions such as monarch, etc. You enable or disable each profession by choosing true or false.
Page 2 of 2