Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM
Sims 1 had the Shake Fist option, best when the male does it.

First they gasp as if someone spilled amontillado on their cheap loafers. Then they say "Hassel funen tunen? HASSEL FUNEN TUNEN!?" getting angrier at an imagined besmirchment. They WANT to have been wronged, which will allow... the wind up, which is some gibbering and shaking, getting louder until... they let them have it with the violent fist shake "MLAAAH-mlah-mlah-mlah-mlah-mlah-mlah!!!!"

Sims 1 Simlish was real awkward gibberish mumbling. I don't think it was even written down on a script, but that the actors made it up on the spot.

Edit:
In fact, there's this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF6JUKIAI-s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm8BiDID3o8
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM
The random NPC who trash the lot in some way such as Claire the Bear does or the mime artist.

The duelling podium with functional magic duels!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#53 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 10:37 PM
The roller coasters from Makin' Magic! I am SO pleased to see them making a comeback for TS3 with the newest world.

One thing I wouldn't like to see back though is the sax player, W. C. Friendly. If he ever showed up on a lot that only had one door into the toilets then any Sim inside was doomed. I had to quit without saving once because my Sim went in to use the toilet and was follwed in by Friendly who stood directly in front of the door playing his sax and wouldn't leave.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#54 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 11:15 PM
...W. C. Friendly? Srsly?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
...W. C. Friendly? Srsly?

Seriously. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/W.C._Friendly
(Clearly that wiki has never heard of W.C. standing for Water Closet before)

Field Researcher
#56 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 12:31 PM Last edited by cece15624 : 14th Dec 2013 at 8:44 AM.
I Would like a comeback of the tragic clown... Setting him aflame was one of my most fond memories of playing The Sims 1. And build mode... I don't know why but its been my favorite throughout the whole series the music was wonderful and relaxing, and who could forget Nancy the papergirl whistling as she came by? or in my games her terrified shrieks as my dogs went after her! those running animations though hilarious :lovestruc

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Forum Resident
#57 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 7:11 PM
The Sims Superstar, they should bring that back.

Also, the various types of cash registers that came with different expansion packs; my supercenter stores should have an advanced POS system, not a glorified adding machine like you'd see in a hospital gift shop, or an antique cash register like you'd see at either an antique store or some old, run down convenience store in the ghetto, which are the two only options available in TS2.

The sonic shower on the console version was pretty cool as well.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Averex : 14th Dec 2013 at 9:00 PM.
Servo and the Teleporter. Some of the NPCs would be cool too. (ex. the mime, the tragic clown, Nancy, etc.)
Mad Poster
#59 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 12:39 PM
I think I'd quite like the return of true NPCs in some instances. Servos especially would be good as going back to being NPCs. His original incarnation in The Sims was the best in my opinion. No needs, no romance, no aging.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#60 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 12:54 PM
What I liked the most about superstar was your sims working as an actor or actress.. pretty sure there was a movie set with stairs and a table where they could do a death scene, sword fighting and maybe something else as well. Don't have that expansion anymore so dont know all the specifics anymore.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
What I liked the most about superstar was your sims working as an actor or actress.. pretty sure there was a movie set with stairs and a table where they could do a death scene, sword fighting and maybe something else as well. Don't have that expansion anymore so dont know all the specifics anymore.

I loved Superstar. I think it was my favorite EP; at least it's the one I remember the most about.

That set you're referring to also had a grand sweeping staircase (and maybe a chandelier??). It looked like a room in a castle set from some Errol Flynn-kinda film. There was also a little hospital room set where I remember my sims having to do an aspirin commercial. One thing I didn't like about how sims achieved their fame was the correct answers to how they had to act in their scenes were seemingly random. Yes, that makes it difficult but also a bit frustrating when there's no pattern to follow or logical correct answer.

I wish they'd bring back the Superstar-type of celebrity instead of the lame Sims 3 version. In Superstar my sims had to work to get their fame and each of their tasks were fun, and their celebrity level dropped off if they didn't work at it. In S3 my rich inventor sim became a Level-4 celebrity in a matter of days just by chatting up any celebrities he met at the bar. And his fame level never decreases. His roommate's son has become a Level-2 celebrity just because he's friends with my level-4, who he lives with. But I guess that's the world today - many 'celebrities' are famous for no reason.
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 4:18 PM
!My dad said he use to play Sims 1, I was totally surprised!
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 10:52 PM
* I think they should bring back similar music, because the sims 1 music is amazing
* magic town with creepy things
* piano and violin players downtown
* how you order food downtown and how it is served
* old town

I also miss that feeling I got, after installing unleashed, when the neighborhood was expanded...
Mad Poster
#64 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 7:28 PM
Ooh! I thought of something else I would like back from TS1! The way cut-away walls worked.
In TS3 if you have walls cut-away they all go down apart from the external walls furthest from the player view. In TS1 the internal walls stayed up unless a Sim was in the room behind them, THEN they went down so that they didn't block the player's view. I much prefer that as I could get to enjoy the internal decor as much as my Sims.

Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 7:36 PM
The spa objects from Superstar! And, like somebody already said, a celebrity system closer to Superstar than....whatever the hell celebrities in TS3 are. And while we're on the subject of celebrity sims, let's expand on the celebrity system. Like a TV channel where your celebrity sims appear, or seeing your sims on the cover of magazines, ect.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 8:30 PM
Superstar was the only EP for the original that I never bothered with. I installed it from a friend's copy but I hardly ever made use of its content.
I have considered purchasing it lately purely to complete my collection.
As for the difference between Superstar and Late Night celebrities, well, IMO Superstar celebs were true celebs who had to actually work for their star status. Late Night celebs are just randomers that the "media" have taken an interest in. "Oooh look! The child of the former lover of the sister of that guy that once said that thing on TV that time!"

TL;DR
I much prefer the Superstar celeb system to the LN one.

Scholar
#67 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 3:58 AM
So I was getting nostalgic for Sims Urbz, the only console game I played. Though it was on the PS2 I'd still group it into the first generation. What I really love - And this also applies to the Sims 1 series on PC - is the sort of dark, sometimes adult and bizarre humor the games had. In Hot Date if your sims drank a lot of wine (or whatever they called it to retain a Teen rating) they'd accept romantic interactions more than if they were sober. Throughout the game there were also the strange NPCs I'm sure have been mentioned in the thread: The Shark and other holiday NPCs, the clown, Crumplebottom, potential from dying from the guinea pig bite. Urbz had this, too, with the weirdo groups you encounter in the city. The goths and punks that hang around an abandoned concourse in the subway at some sleazy hepatitis-ridden tattoo parlour, the chick who ran an illegal ferret business from the rooftops of a housing project, the mafia smuggling fireworks below the Brooklyn Bridge, the douchey and vapid models in the impossibly tall skyscraper.

Going off the different groups, I want those back. Or at least the ones in Sims 2: Apartment Life. A large variety all different, rather than Jocks, Stoners and Nerds or whatever was in University.

I think one of my issues with The Sims 3 was how they basically whitewashed a lot of it and erased the challenges in the game. Reaching the top of your career is simple enough, becoming wealthy is as easy as collecting rocks. If you want to be a celebrity simply go chat with one and soon you'll have your own Kardashian spinoff show. So when you succeed at becoming CEO or whatever there's no feeling of reward. In the Sims 1 these things were more difficult but when you succeeded it felt like an actual achievement.

Oh, and just because I can't complain enough about it...I want my enterable community lots back. I want to watch my sims enter restaurants and eat. I want clothing stores and jewellery stores and cafes and pet shops.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 7:32 AM
BROWNIES!!!
What good are you coming over to greet my sim into the neighborhood and then you eat my sim's lunch meat sandwiches. Rude! I miss friendly, socially proper sims that would greet my sims with a plate of yummy brownies.

Definitely should have all the good qualities of Superstar and not the oh-so-worthless "reputations" from Sims 2. They literally left out a Superstar equivalent for Sims 2, which was my favorite part of Sims 1. It's why I kept playing it for so long. I didn't care for the U.S.-focused famous people walking around, so wouldn't mind that idea not returning. In fact, it would be better if they didn't repeat that. I was into the fun of trying to get Michael Bachelor to be a Rock Star.... and when he did, it was so fun seeing sims stalk him. LOL

Carnival-type activies for the family to enjoy. There is really not much family-fun things for my sims to do together in Sims 2. Vacations get boring real quick. I loved going on vacation in Sims 1 for all the carnival games! Also the fun rollercoasters and carnival games in magic town. I'm not into the witch stuff but the extra carnival things were so much fun. Baking bread another fun hobby for my sims to do. Would be fun to bake the bread then open a bakery and sell the edible food.

Trolleys (or at least buses). Hello EA, you had Trolleys rolling by on the street in Sims 1 and yet the streets of Sims 2 are completely dead. Boring! Bring some life into my downtown, and even the suburbs.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Space Pony
#69 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 10:24 AM
I just remember a lamp that was fantastic....things were moving in it...I know it's not sort of necessary thing but anyway, it was awesome, and looked so cool
Scholar
#70 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OrganicSim
BROWNIES!!!
What good are you coming over to greet my sim into the neighborhood and then you eat my sim's lunch meat sandwiches. Rude! I miss friendly, socially proper sims that would greet my sims with a plate of yummy brownies.

Oh my God! Sims: House Party flashback! Having these MASSIVE parties where dozens of people came. And some of them would either deliver those little cake things or that small vase of flowers. And I remember one Sim I had taking the gift from the arriving neighbour and walking straight to the trash can and chucking it in. Childhood ruined right there, learned the world was a meeeeean place.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
The spa objects from Superstar! And, like somebody already said, a celebrity system closer to Superstar than....whatever the hell celebrities in TS3 are. And while we're on the subject of celebrity sims, let's expand on the celebrity system. Like a TV channel where your celebrity sims appear, or seeing your sims on the cover of magazines, ect.

Once your sim made a good video, it would be aired as a commercial or something on TV. I would feel proud to see my sim's success, I accomplished something. Now, it's like meh. Good times.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 10:33 PM
The sushi bar with the Japanese owners :D
Field Researcher
#73 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
One thing I wouldn't like to see back though is the sax player, W. C. Friendly. If he ever showed up on a lot that only had one door into the toilets then any Sim inside was doomed. I had to quit without saving once because my Sim went in to use the toilet and was follwed in by Friendly who stood directly in front of the door playing his sax and wouldn't leave.
Yuck, one of my least favorite TS1 moments that stuck with me. My Sim was on a date when it happened (yes, it was posible to take dates to Old Town lots), and it obviously ended when the Sim couldn't make it back to them. Their short-term and long-term relationship went up so much during the date, though, that quitting without saving wasn't an option; I put the game on speed-3, with my sim begging to go home and go to bed, while "Friendly" just stood there tooting his horn.

I fought back; heavily modded the lot, made sure each room had two doors leading out of it, and later found a CC coffee stand that also doubled as the pastry counter, fixing the problem for good.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 3:54 PM
Silly NPC's and threating looking grim reaper and the slightly scary deaths.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Page 3 of 3