Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:13 PM
Default Should the Sims 4 have the model of pay for content just like TS3 store?
I have noticed that if TS4 was to have a store where premium content are sold,I am definitely not going to be happy with it as it takes a lot of content away from EP's,my question is should TS4 have the store mode in game and on website,my answer would be no
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:19 PM
Should they? No, of course not, it's obviously just a way to remove things that should be in expansion packs and make more money off the same amount of work. Will they? Honey, I would wait on hell freezing over before I would wait on EA giving us more stuff simply out of the kindness of their blessed little hearts.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:22 PM
To quote the Dread Pirate Roberts: "Get used to disappointment."
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 9:14 PM
Should they? Fuck no. The Sims 3 store is an embarrassment for having pay DLC available from the day of launch, features that should and could have been included in expansions and stuff packs, and absolutely absurd prices. (Forty bucks for a world? Nah, I'm good.)

Will they? It's EA (actually more it's the state of games these days, it's more surprising when a game doesn't have DLC than when it does). Of course they will.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:08 AM
Should EA have store content?
How about no?
Will EA have store content?
Is that something you have to think longer than 3 seconds for? Of course!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 4:52 AM
I guess I'm not opposed to store content in the form of rich DLC. I like items that add significant game play, or present a style that's completely unique to the game.

I am, however, disappointed that CASt will not be released in base TS4, so it'll be a lot harder to get unique styles from a relatively low number of meshes/items. That means that the only choice in the short run to get new looks will be limited CAS store content. It'll be a money printing machine for EA, so long as they don't muck it up.
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:18 PM
I know store items are expensive. That is why, historically, people made pools to buy things they can't afford invidually: Two, three or more friends put their money together, and buy one copy of it, then share it. It has been made with everything available, from books to drinks, so why not with ea store items? EA can't expect all of us to pay for everything individually.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 3:32 PM
If they make a store AGAIN, they better allow you to actually buy Simpoints. (Yes, I actually tried the Sims 3 Store and couldn't buy Simpoints. According to the forums the problem went on since at least October. :/)

Of course, there is no "if" in that statement, but "when."

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 6:11 PM
I'm personally against the Store and have refused to buy anything from it because half the shit there is completely useless and the other half is stuff that should have been included in EPs. I can get better downloadable content from free sites like Modthesims and TheSimsResource. The only store content I have is the basketball hoop and I didn't even buy that myself. It was a gift.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 8:50 PM
I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of a store completely. I am very much opposed to putting the so-called premium content in the store instead of in an EP. I'm also opposed to the bundling of the content. Want a wood fire oven? Well, you have to buy a world that you might never use to get it. Putting clothing, accessories, buildings and what not in a store is fine by me. As long as the prices are reasonable, people who want it can pay for new cosmetic things they want. Putting gameplay changing things in the store and releasing thin EPs is just too much EA being EA.
Alchemist
#11 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 8:54 PM
Well, as long as they name it The Broken Shop, then it's on its way to being a tad honest, at least.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 9:29 PM
No! It makes me feel like this.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
I know store items are expensive. That is why, historically, people made pools to buy things they can't afford invidually: Two, three or more friends put their money together, and buy one copy of it, then share it. It has been made with everything available, from books to drinks, so why not with ea store items? EA can't expect all of us to pay for everything individually.

I think this is just a step or two away from torrenting though. If three people share, why not three thousand? EA very much expect people to pay for their content individually, isn't there even a limit to how many times you can install TS3? And there's no way of sharing store content I know of that doesn't start to verge into a legally gray area.

I can't stand the TS3 store. I like to be completionist but I'm neither willing (nor able) to pay thousands of dollars for things that I feel, should really be included in stuff and expansion packs. I know EA is a company, and companies do what companies have to do to make as much money as possible, but the greed of the store, complete with other sketchy things like aggressive in-game promotion of the store, leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth. But no doubt it's a brilliant cash cow, so until people stop using the store it's here to stay
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 4:52 AM
For me, best case scenario would be they kill the store and burn the remains, and focus all their attention on expansions/stuff packs. We don't have to look far to see sets that should definitely have been included in an expansion.

If they do have the store again, it better not have all this premium crap. They should have just made a farming expansion. You're pretty much paying for one if you buy the chickens, tractor, and cows, but if it was a real expansion you might just get your money's worth. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't have a sheep set, or pigs, goats, or a special bull premium content that works with the cows to make wonderful calves..... Ugh.

My preferred store?
-No ridiculous prices
-No premium half baked stuff
-No shoving the store in your face every time you open build/buy/CAS
-Just clothes, hairs, objects that are nice to have but nothing absolutely special
-Maybe a free set every once in a while?
-No more stupid "worlds"
(Am I the only one who hates that they're called "worlds"? They aren't worlds, they're towns, neighborhoods, villages, cities. With worlds you think big, or isolated from everything else. "where are you going? Oh, I'm going to the stupidly named Aurora Skies, a world not connected by any means to the rest of the universe.")

Sorry, feeling a bit ranty
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 3:46 PM
I absolutely cannot stand DLC on The Sims 3. I've resorted to still playing The Sims 2 even in 2014 because it just irks me so badly. I don't know about anybody else, but everything I've ever downloaded from DLC looks like shit. The thumbnails for the items are really deceiving.

The thing is, though, DLC is a total cash cow and I'm almost sure EA will include it in The Sims 4. But didn't they make an announcement a while back that said they would not be including it? Here's hoping they don't.
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
Should they? No, of course not, it's obviously just a way to remove things that should be in expansion packs and make more money off the same amount of work.

Am I the only person who doesn't use the Store *ever*? And I only bought one Limited Edition of an EP (Island Paradise) because I thought the survival pack was like a gameplay of living on a desert island... not just give me look-a-like furniture. I'm pretty sure I won't get limited editions anymore, TS4 or otherwise, unless it actually gives me gameplay stuff...

C-A
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 4:50 PM
I don't care if TS4 Store sells furniture, hair, clothes or maybe worlds (without premium items attached). I don't care if they sell random crap premium items, like the Super sleeper, Uber-sani toilet, Not-so-routine machine and other cheat items they used to make at first. But all the venues, new skills and EP-stuff like the farming and OFB items cross the line. I'm not going to bother with TS4 if and when they do it again.

However, I have to admit I really liked TS3 store's themed furniture sets. There's plenty of "normal" CC items out there, but it's much harder to find stuff like TS3 store's India/Cambodia sets.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:23 PM
It shouldn't, but it will.

Honestly, I wouldn't care about store stuff if it didn't feel that stuff had been left out of the TS3 vanilla release just so that they could put it in the store. I didn't mind stuff packs and the eventual store in TS2 because it came a while after release. The TS3 store launched on the same day that the base game did, and already had what probably amounted to just about the same amount of objects that the came with the game.