Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 8:53 PM Last edited by londonerupnorth : 24th Apr 2015 at 9:34 PM. Reason: title
Default Restocking in a retail store for free!!
Hi, I've noticed that when I restock items in my retail store the amount the item costs to restock is debited from my retail store account but when my hired staff restock items there is no money debited from the account. It shows how much restocking has cost in the little retail box on the bottom left and that is the rite amount for the restocked items but the money is not deducted so basically if my staff restock I'm getting the new stock for free! Does anyone know why this is or what's causing it? I've tested the game with all mods and cc removed and its still the same so I'm rather confused
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 3:46 PM
Why Have 2 people pressed disagree but not commented anything? Is this not happening for other people???
dodgy builder
#3 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 4:05 PM
that just might be true, I usually put my employee to restock and the amount withdrawn is rather low. The people who disagree probably think it's too expensive already and takes too long time.
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 9:12 PM
It does work. My books show a loss but my pocket shows profit hehehe
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
It does work. My books show a loss but my pocket shows profit hehehe
Do you mean no cash is taken from your retail account?
Inventor
#6 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:24 AM
Looks that way but it might just be a glitch in some games.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Looks that way but it might just be a glitch in some games.
That's what I thought
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by londonerupnorth
Hi, I've noticed that when I restock items in my retail store the amount the item costs to restock is debited from my retail store account but when my hired staff restock items there is no money debited from the account. It shows how much restocking has cost in the little retail box on the bottom left and that is the rite amount for the restocked items but the money is not deducted so basically if my staff restock I'm getting the new stock for free! Does anyone know why this is or what's causing it? I've tested the game with all mods and cc removed and its still the same so I'm rather confused

After reading your post, I decided to test this out to see if what you're saying was happening and it seems that if you restock the store while closed, even though it's chi-chinging as if you're being charged, there's no money being taken from the retail account nor the family funds. If you restock while you're opened, it counts towards the losses that also include the overpaid employees.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eternal0572
After reading your post, I decided to test this out to see if what you're saying was happening and it seems that if you restock the store while closed, even though it's chi-chinging as if you're being charged, there's no money being taken from the retail account nor the family funds. If you restock while you're opened, it counts towards the losses that also include the overpaid employees.

Yes, I got into the habit of aborting restocking for my bonsai family if they have a customer wanting to buy. Completely natural to me, the customers comes first. I don't know what happens exactly, but it looks to me like I'm then perhaps given that amount back and then deducted when I'm restocking, but I don't know for sure. I know EA was reported these kinds of problems after the gtw expansion was first out, they may have fixt parts of it.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:00 AM
I have a great Art Retail store that makes about 40 - 50k a day at 100% markup, I have two employee so I had one restocking (for the first time) I noticed that in the A.M. the 16K I made became a -16K after she was done restocking??? How is this a profit? Unless, I don't notice the marked up dollars going straight into Store Net Profit? Because, I see no other place for it. Does this method work right on high dollar items like this? Or, is it a bug.