Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:32 AM Last edited by SaphireKat : 19th Dec 2015 at 7:50 PM.
Default The Wolf Farm
A wily young woman with a fierce love for wolves has decided to make a ranch for a small pack of wolves. Now, in the reserve-like ranch, will a pack thrive, or die out?
In this challenge, you will start with a sim and two dogs and make your way through five generations of wolves.

To begin with, get an empty 60x60 lot to create your ranch and place a little bit of wall on it to make it easier when moving in your sims. Next, go into CAS and make a YA female. She must have the Trait "Dog person" but everything else is up to you. Next make a female dog that will be your Alpha female. She must have the traits "Hunter" and "Friendly". Her third trait is up to you. Finally, you make the male dog which will be the "Alpha Male". He must have the traits "Hunter" and "Proud" The wolves may be any coat color as long as they have a shape similar to the one below. DO NOT make them mates to start with

When you move your sims into the lot, build a small house in the front right corner of the lot.
THE HOUSE MUST HAVE:
Only one story
2 3x4 bedrooms each with a twin bed, a cheap dresser, an end table, and a table lamp
A 3x3 bathroom with at leas one ceiling light in it
A 6x4 kitchen with 6 counter spaces, a sink, a stove, a fridge, and a table that only has seating for two.
Use the living room to make your house a perfect rectangle and have a bookshelf, a chair beside the bookshelf, an end table with a lamp beside the chair, a couch, a TV, a floor lamp by the couch, and two optional objects/sets of your choice

Then, in the back left corner of the lot, built the wolf den.
THE DEN MUST HAVE:
Only one story at least 10x10
At least 6 pet beds, one must be outside of the den in case of a scapegoat.
At least 2 food bowls.
A doghouse only for mating/reproducing
two optional objects

In the yard, place alot of trees, wildflowers, bushes and a small pond to simulate a forest

When you are done building the house and den, fence the rest of the lot off and make the only way into the yard a back door on the house
RULES:
Aging has to be enabled
Story progresion must be enabled
The pack legacy must follow the determined Hierarchy
You may only play as the Human sim when she becomes an Adult. At that point, you must play as her and find her a partner to have a child with. She may not get married though.
In the case of a Male child to your human sim, You may either adopt a child or get married long enough to have a child to keep an eye on the ranch
Cheats that increase/maintain the needs of sims may not be used on your Wolves. You can, however, use it on your human sim to preserve their life. Money cheats can only be used when absolutely needed
The wolves may not leave the lot or go inside of your sim's house except to go into the yard at the beginning of the challenge.
If you need to put a former wolf up for adoption, you may only give up the scapegoat or a subordinate. You may not get rid of past Alphas.
Any pups that are without the hunter trait by the time they are an adult cannot be an alpha
You must keep all the collectibles your wolves find in or around the den
The challenge ends when:
-One of the Alpha wolves die before they have a litter of pups UNLESS It's the male that dies and the female is pregnant
-The Wolves are taken by social services
-You beat the challenge

HIERARCHY:
Alpha Pair- The pair of wolves that parent the newest litter of puppies. They may only have one litter a generation and will no longer be alpha wolves once the beta wolf becomes an adult.
Beta wolf- The beta wolf is next in line for the alpha position. The beta wolf is determined by three factors.
-The beta wolf is the first born/only son of the alpha pair
-In a litter of more than one male, he is the strongest male pup either in skill or they win a fight against their brother(s)when they are older.
-In a litter of only females it is a) a single pup or b) it's the strongest pup.
Adoptees: These are "dogs" brought into the pack to become the mate of the Beta wolf. (When adopting, choose a LARGE dog that somewhat resembles a wolf then edit the coat to match the rest of the wolves.)
Subordanates: These are the rest of the wolves in the pack. They are not aloud to mate or have pups.
Elders: The older wolves, like subordanates, but will not be as helpful to the back and may get some bad treatment but care for the pups.
Pups: BABY WOLFIES!!!!! Can be any rank depending on the circumstances
Scapegoat: Usually a male that was rejected for the beta position because of their brother. They will become disliked by the pack and shouldn't sleep in the den.

GENERATIONS
1 THE PACK FOUNDERS

A young woman got a license to care for wild wolves. After conditioning the wolves to her scent, the game commission released the two unrelated wolves into the reserve the woman bought for them. The wolves must learn to get along with each other and reproduce to start a new pack.

Objectives:
Let the wolves become "Friends" with the human
-Make the wolves mates
-Have a litter of pups
-Grow the pups to adulthood
-Choose the Beta/New alpha

2 NEW BLOOD

One of the last generation's pups is now the pack Alpha. They must now lead and continue growing the pack, but they do not have a mate, that is, however until a new wolf comes to the territory.

Objectives:
-Have your sim adopt a new "Wolf" that's the opposite gender of your beta/new alpha.
- Have the new alpha mate with the adoptee
-Raise another litter of pups.
-Choose the beta

3 NEW MANAGEMENT
(By now, your sim should be an adult and have a child)

The pack has a new Alpha once again, but there's something changing. There's a new human in the area. The wolves must tolerate this new human and continue growing their pack.

Objectives:
-Make your human sim have a child and occasionally check on them at this part
-Make your sim adopt another "Wolf"
-Make the wolves become "friends" with the new child
-Choose the beta

4&5 Pack Life

The wolves have lived with success, and will continue to thrive.

Objectives:
-Make your sim adopt another "Wolf"
-Choose the beta

EXTRA CHALLENGES (Optional)
-Keep every wolf born on the lot
-Go for more than 5 generations
-Breed for positives: Hunter, Loyal, Proud, Friendly, and Adventurous
-Breed for negatives : Destructive, Clueless, skittish, and aggresive

Self Scoring
Smarties- +1 point for each skill point your wolves have at the end of the challenge
Pups- +5 points for every puppy
Growing up- +10 points for every generation
Positive Pack- +30 points for having a pack with a majority of good traits at the end of the challenge (+10 more points if used with "Breed for Positives")
Domesticated- -1 point for each wolf that looks more like a dog (Determined by the way the ears and snout are)
Failed objectives- -5 points for failing an objective
Negative Pack- -10 points for a pack with mostly bad traits (+20 points instead if you used "Breed for Negatives")
Die Out- -30 points if the pack failed

HAPPY SIMMING, MAKE SOME BEAUTIFUL PACKS!

Recommended mods: Woohooer, portrait panel, and Master controler
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 8:26 PM
You should make a rule that the sim can only refill the food bowls when the wolves are away from their den or they can have a room that they stay in while the sims gives them food because the wolves are still wild animals and you never know what they will do
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 10:44 PM
Default Generation one "Getting to know each other"
My two wolves have found each other on the lot. so far its going good. (The one with lighter colors is called Shiva and the one with darker colors is called Doku)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 11:58 PM
Default Second Generation "First Litter"
Shiva had her first litter. A little boy named Onto. this gives me 5 points!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 1:43 AM
Default Second Generation "Newcomer"
Onto has grown to an adult and as taken the position of Alpha. There is also a new wolf around by the name of Sonto (Can my previous alphas keep having puppies or no?)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 11:03 PM
This is a great challenge! I cant wait to start, great idea
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:51 PM
Reminds me of silver fox farms
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kairabugz
Onto has grown to an adult and as taken the position of Alpha. There is also a new wolf around by the name of Sonto (Can my previous alphas keep having puppies or no?)

I would only let them have pups if you have the Portrait panel and Master controller mods. This will allow more than 8 pets on your lot at one time. But, the new pups won't count to anything (but points) after the new alpha(s) are chose
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheKleptomaniac
Reminds me of silver fox farms

Hmm, What is that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 5:46 PM
You should make a rule that the sim can only refill the food bowls when the wolves are away from their den or they can have a room that they stay in while the sims gives them food because the wolves are still wild animals and you never know what they will do

I would do that, but having that rule in place might cause conflict if there happens to be a wolf in the den24/7. However,if you want to make it more "realistic", you can make the food bowls be placed closer to the house or outside somewhere
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 5:48 PM
UPDATE Made a new rule and updated an existing one
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 5:51 AM
I think I'm going to try this one! I think what I'll do is try to have a few lots in the same area with different pascks, just so they can be bigger! This is a fantastic idea!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaphireKat
Hmm, What is that?

Farms for silver foxes (sometimes red ones as well) where they are raised and bred to be killed for their fur.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheKleptomaniac
Farms for silver foxes (sometimes red ones as well) where they are raised and bred to be killed for their fur.

Ooooh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 4:50 AM
Shiva had her first litter. A little boy named Onto. this gives me 5 points!

Actually it gives you 15. 5 for the pup and 10 for the generation.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaphireKat
Actually it gives you 15. 5 for the pup and 10 for the generation.
oh! thank you for letting me know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th May 2016 at 12:41 AM
oh! thank you for letting me know

Welcome! Don't forget to post more picks!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 2:14 PM
Is it ok if I use huskies as wolves? I actually couldn't find my wolf preset, and I don't know how to make wolves, and also, great challange! I'll be trying this out today ( or tommorow )
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 3:21 AM
Sounds fun, I'll try it when I can.