Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 12:44 AM
Sims2 Pets: Just the facts, ma'am
If you see anything missed or as more things become available, please post them on this thread! This way we can keep things all nicely together.

Taken from here: http://www.snootysims.com/petsindex.php?id=petsfacts

All WE KNOW ABOUT PETS SO FAR…

Hi everyone as we all know the next expansion is going to be Pets and since the announcement we have been bombarded with information so I’ve compiled all the information I could find from the chat transcript, thesimszone.co.uk, thesimsresource.com and various other sources together so enjoy :-)
Jusinbuzz

CREATE-A-PET
- You can make your own breeds of pets.
- You can’t mix cats and dogs together.
- Rather than picking just a fur for your pet, your pets can have several layers of fur. This means you can give them lots of stripes, patches and spots the way you want.
- You can adjust the pets shape and face to the way you want just like with you sims.
- You can create pets as adults or elders but not as puppies or kittens.
- You can pick different eye colours for your pet’s left and right eyes.
- Once you create a pet in CAP you can save that breed. Additionally, the offspring of your in-game dogs and cats can be registered into CAP to be used as a new template.

NEIGHBOURHOOD STUFF
- There will be no new neighbourhood.
- New packaged lots include new parks and pet shops.
- New pre-made families will also come with the game including a very familiar ‘Kat’ family.
- Also new neighbourhood decorations include carousels, monorails, ancient ruins and cooling towers.

BUILD MODE, BUY MODE AND OTHER TOOLS
- There is new atomic age furniture.
- Other objects and items besides pet equipment include new windows, doors, wallpapers, floors, fences, phones, a sink, decorations including gargoyle statues and pet themed items, a TV, chairs, lights, benches, a bed and more.
- The new sledgehammer tool enables you to demolish anything rather than having to go into wall mode to delete walls etc.
- The flatten ground tool enables you to instantly flatten the whole ground of a lot with a click of a button.
- You can now change the order of your collections folder enabling you to arrange them the way you want.
- You can rotate tiles before placement.
- There is a tool that lets you make custom paintings easier.
- There are new diagonal walls and roofs.
- There is now a games tips encyclopaedia making it easier to find the certain tips you want.

CATS AND DOGS
- Currently there are 35 dog breeds and 15 cat breeds made by maxis.
- Dogs and cats life stages are puppies/kittens, adults, and elders and then they die from old age.
- Pets can have jobs as service, show business and security. There are 5 job stages for each pet career track.
- Pets can be washed in a normal bathtub.
- Pets have the environment need replaced with a scratch need for cats and a chew need for dogs and if these motives aren’t cared to you may find your pets ripping apart the furniture to fill them. Fortunately a cat’s scratch need can be filled from scratching on a scratching post while dogs can replenish their need by chewing on the “Chewinator by ChompCo”.
- The current limit for a household is 8 sims and 6 pets.
- To get pets you can create a pet already with a family, you can create a pet in CAP and merge it with a family, you can adopt a pet over the phone, you can adopt a stray, you can give a pet to another sim or you can buy one from a pet store.
- Pets can sleep on your sim’s be with your sims if it’s a double bed.
- Toddlers can cuddle pets and children can train them.
- Pets can run away or be taken away by the animal control officer if not treated well.
- Pets can breed by having a good relationship with one another, a kennel on the lot and having your sims command them to try for a baby.
- Dogs can play catch or chase the mailman. - Your sims can train pets by praising them when they do something you want them to do and scolding them when they don’t. - A behaviour that the pet has learned such as not to wreck the couch will appear in their learned behaviours panel which is near the personality, interests and memories panels.
- Pets have several interests such as pets, scary things, food, outside, sleeping, weather, playtime, toys and animals.
- Pets can travel in your cars.
- Pets have 5 personality traits: Genius & Dufus, Hyper & lazy, Independent & Friendly, Aggressive& Cowardly, Pigpen & Finicky.
- Dogs can knock over trashcans and roll in trash and also dig up the yard, fortunately they can be trained not to.
- Pets can be trained by your sim or for $20 an hour by the obedience trainer to stay, speak, roll over, play dead etc. Cats can also be trained to use the toilet.
- Pets have family trees.
- Pets can be brought to university.
- Pets can be resurrected but not as zombie.
- A litter can be 1-4 pups or kittens.
- You can lock doors to keep pets out of certain rooms.
- Pets can come back as ghosts
- Instead of the elixir of life, pets have their own 'kibble of life'.

OTHER PETS
- New animals include fish, birds, womrats and skunks.
- There is a new fish tank with tropical/saltwater fish.
- There are strays but fortunately you can keep them out by having a fence around your house and locking the gate.
- Skunks can enter your sim’s home and attack them by spraying them!
- There are several types of birds to chose from and they can be taught to talk. Also if you leave the birdcage open the might escape and fly around your lot. And this may not be a feature in the full version but maxis are currently trying to get the bird to sit on your sim’s shoulder.
- Womrats are currently $45 while birds are $75 each.
- Womrats can be removed from their cages and be played with. They also need to be fed and their cage cleaned regularly.
- Womrats can’t give your sims a disease like in the original sims and can die from starvation or being scared by a dog.

MISCELLANEOUS
- Pets can be taken along to your sim’s business if you have OFB, you can also run your own pet shop.
- You can’t control pets unless you use the cheat “BoolProp controlPets on”.
- New music includes a country radio station.
- Werewolves haven’t been confirmed yet it seems heading that way as there is already a lycanthropy section in the game tips encyclopaedia and you can buy Lycanthropic-B potions from the pet obedience trainer.
- You can unlock certain content like pink fur for poodles.
Advertisement
#2 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:13 AM
Well this is from simaddict99 here/on tsr.

All about Pets, Compiled Information *updated 2-Aug*
What Pets offers:

Objects for pets/pet related:
- 3 feeding dishes
- Dog chew toy
- Pet pillow
- Pet basket
- Pet tent
- 3 dog houses
- space house, I think this is for both cats & dogs, not sure though
- cat basket
- litter box
- 2 cat toys (mouse, birdy on stick)
- Cat condo
- scratching post
- Womrat cage
- Bird cage
- Signs: 3 signs, 1 I’m not sure what exactly it is for plus a no strays & a beware of pets one
- Leash rack
- Bone rug
- Pet store signs, looks like 2
- Lucky cat statue
- Fish tank
- per Maxoid Grant’s blog- fire hydrant

Objects not pet related:
Electronics:
-wall phone,
-desk phone,
-TV
Lights:
-looks like 9 new ones, various types including floor, table, ceiling and wall.
Seating:
-double bed
-park bench
-loveseat
-sofa
-chair
-recliner
-2 dining chairs
-bar stool
Surfaces
-2 end table
-dining table
-coffee table
-desk,
-2 counters
Decorative
-3 rugs
-gargoyle
-sumo kite
-14 paintings
-3 planters
-1 fountain
-9 miscellaneous sculptures
-decorative wall clock
Plumbing:
-sink
Misc:
-toy box
-bar

Information that may be of interest
- Pets have memories
- Pets have genetics
- pets have their own urns/tombstones
-you can give a pet up for adoption

Confirmed Dog Breeds (as per screenshots and/or Maxis chat):
1. Akita
2. Beagle
3. Brittany
4. Bulldog
5. Cocker Spaniel
6. Collie
7. Dalmatian
8. German Shepherd
9. Great Dane
10. Grey Hound
11. Miniature Bullterrier
12. Pointer
13. Pomeranian
14. Poodle
15. Retriever
16. Rottweiler
17. Samoyed
18. Schnauzer
19. Shiba-Inu
20. Weimaraner
21. Boxer

Confirmed cat Breeds:
1. Burmese
2. Havana Brown
3. Manx
4. Ocicat
5. Oriental
6. Siamese
7. Singapura
8. Tonknese

I think its good now, just tell me if I need to delete anything else.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:15 AM
Perhaps you can edit your post and only include information not already in the first post? Thanks

edit: just saw you said you'd edit it thank you
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:53 AM
Another dog breed is a boxer if you would want to add it to the list.
#5 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 3:27 PM
You forgot to put new clothing, I bet theres not that many, but there is new ones!

example-
http://www.snootysims.com/pets/petsart06.jpg
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 2:30 PM
More information gathered from some pictures from Snooty Sims!

Apparently we'll be able to alter the pets' actual body shape.

And unlike Sim personalities, pets don't have the personality points. Instead, you just choose a setting for their personality traits.

Looks tooooo cuuute! ^________^ Now I really can't wait!

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 5:51 PM
No altering all body shape: can't make longer/shorter torsos, can't make longer/shorter legs. I gather that this would probably mess up animations because then the step length would be altered (still lame IMO)

And I am gathering that cats only have fat and normal body types as I've seen no sliders for them at all, only a few face alterations.
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 10:16 PM
More cat breeds: Scottish Fold and Birman.

http://thesims2.ea.com/images/about...shot_12_big.jpg
#9 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 11:34 PM
Womrat Colors/Breeds:

Dutch
Himilayan
Black Self
Albino/Pink Eyed White
Black Non-Self

Forum Resident
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 6:37 PM
Well lockshockbarrel, posting more pictures of sliders for the cat's faces wasn't much of an argument.

However, , I see sliders for the cat bodies in the new movies linked off of Snooty Sims page. Yay.

But still no sliders for long/short/ body or legs. No weiner dogs And cat bodies aren't near fat enough. But creators will no doubt fix the things Maxis didn't do.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 12:25 PM
I was on my favorite site where I order my games from and they had the game as being released in DVD format!! I pre ordered my Xmas pack "07" and saw that the format there was CD-ROM.

Has anyone else seen or read this anywhere? It could be a typo, but I thought I would share it all the same.

We were not able to have the initial game on DVD, so maybe they are making up for it with Pets.

Here is how it is written there:
PC Games

Genre: Sonstige
Medium: DVD
Erscheint: Voraussichtlich 19.10.06
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 4:27 PM
More Breeds:

Cat:
Chartreux
Norwegian Forest
Ocicat
Russian Blue

Dog:
Basenji
Chihuahua
English Bulldog
French Bulldog
Jack Russel Terrier
Schipperke

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep4_trainer2.php
#13 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 5:57 PM
For the parrots: Umbrella Cockatoo, Scarlet Macaw, Merlin - I think (but whatever it is, I don't recognize it as a type of parrot), Green-Naped Rainbow Lorikeet, Congo African Grey
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 11:40 AM
PETS life:

PETS life is 80% of a sims life.

Of those:
20% is spent as a kitten/puppy
60% is spent as an adult
and
20% as an elder

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
#15 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 2:49 AM
Since Hillary Duff is a fan of the sims 2, she will be in the game with her dog Lola according to pop star magezine. It doesn't list what game she will be in though. Kinda a weird fact
Scholar
#16 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 8:37 AM
i may have missed this but in one of the article it stated that puppies and kittens would not have any marking and just be a solid clor til they age up

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:33 PM
Purple Pug available for Aussies!
Just thought I'd let all the Australians on the forum know that if you pre-order with Games Wizards you can get the Purple Pug! In the past it has seemed as though Aussies are left out of most EA/Maxis promotions, so this is exciting.

I hope this is the right thread for this If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll delete :D

Please call me Ace
Scholar
#18 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 9:20 AM
according to the new chat only 10 total sims and pets now =[ also hillary duff and pet will be an optional download

#19 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 6:24 PM
i read something here about a womrat in the game. what's a womrat? can i get a pic?
Scholar
#20 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:15 PM
see post # 9 in this thread thats a worm rat

#21 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:20 PM
well okay. maybe it's just my computer but i don't see a pic there. i guess i'll figure it out. thanx.

do the different breeds of cats really look any different? because some long hair versions look very different than short hair usual cats. i hope it's a realistic graphic.
Scholar
#22 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:09 PM
well try this pic maybe you can see it http://www.snootysims.com/pets/pets26.jpg its basically a guinae pig (sp?)

Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 9:00 AM
can we put all the unlockable codes in this thread?
#24 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 9:28 AM
This was taken trom rosiealea's post on the sims2 site, that she got from the prima guide...

Becoming a werewolf:
Any teen or older sims can become a werewolf in one of the following two ways:
- Receive the Nibble interaction from the Leader of the Pack NPC (black wolf with glowing eyes)
- Receive the Savage interaction from a werewolf sim

Being a werewolf:
The sim is normal during the day (6 am to 8 pm). At night, he transforms:
- Hunger need drops to -50, so he must immediately seek food
- Energy need bar fills, so sleep won't be necessary for a while
- Over time, his personality shifts more towards the "werewolf" personality. these changes remain even when he is not furry.
- Werewolves can infect other sims with whom they have a high relationship by doing the Savage interaction. It substantially damages the relationship and causes the bitten sim to be furious with the biter.
- Werewolves have a special walk - the werewolf lope
- They get a special Irritate social: Grr!, which frightens the recipients and may cause them to wet themselves
- Werewolves can do a Howl self-interaction, which may cause others to wet themselves. It will wake sims sleeping in the same room. If another werewolf is present, they might lope over and howl back.
- Werewolves are excellent pet trainers. The pet will learn and extra 25% faster than normal. This bonus is on top of any bonus received by the sim having a high charisma, so a werewolf with a 10 charisma is the best pet trainer you can get.
- If you have a burglary, all items stolen before the attack (which the werewolf will always win) are transferred into the werewolf's inventory
- Werewolves cannot be made over - no mirror's change appearance..., Cosmetic surgeon, or Ug-No-More makeover station cannot be used
- Werewolves can summon wolves (though not the Leader of the Pack) with a Summon Wolves self-interaction
- Werewolves are not immortal and can be killed in convention ways
- Werewolves can be vampires, zombies or all three at once (The guide doesn't mention aliens, but that may have been left out accidentally)
- Servos can be werewolves
- Werewolves can produce children normally, buy lycanthropy is not hereditary, so the baby will be normal
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 10:44 AM
Stupid question: do we have all the breeds here?
I ask as my game has been "delayed" ( see http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=27409)

as I think the above says 15 cats but I think I only count 11. Can someone confirm and list all the dog and cat breeds for me?
1. Burmese
2. Havana Brown
3. Manx
4. Ocicat
5. Oriental
6. Siamese
7. Singapura
8. Tonknese
9)Chartreux
10)Norwegian Forest
11)Russian Blue
Page 1 of 2