Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:44 PM
Default Should I remove CC before installing?
I've just been out and bought Pets (paid much too much...), anyway, and I want to know, should I
>> remove all my custom content temporarily before installing and running?
>> leave my custom content in and see what happens?

I don't have any hacks apart from the SEP, all the rest is furniture and clothes...I would start afresh, but I just created a new neighbourhood and don't really want to loose it. So?

Edit: or, should I create a clean install but keep my other game files safe so I can put them back in when I want?

Check out my lots up for download!:

Modern Retail Space Commuity space in black and white
1, 2 & 3 Penny Lane
Modern Starter Homes

Visit my profile to find my other homes
My webpage has more houses: www.all-mine.me.uk
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:49 PM
i don't think you should, i'm going to get pets on tuesday, i'm see what happens
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:49 PM
Well, to be safe, I'd remove them from your downloads folder and place them somewhere safe. Also, just in case the game should mess up, it'd be a good idea to back up your neighborhoods and sims, so if the game doesn't work, your stuff will be safe.

Once your game installs and you try it once without custom content, then you can add some or all of it in and see how it works.
And, if it's just furniture and clothes, it shouldn't be much of a problem, but it may not work right or show up correctly. Because it hasn't been updated, none of the furniture will be usable by any pet, and things may flash black, blue or red. If that happens, you might have to remove it until it's either updated or just get rid of it.
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:51 PM
Also, as Pets saves games in a different format to its predecessors, backing up your files is an absolute "please do this, it's for your own good!"

By copying your Sims 2 folder, you can safely remove your downloads folder (if you wish), and replace it again later by copying it back. It saves a lot of hassle in the long run.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:51 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to back my game up and let it do a clean-install. Then when I'm feeling brave, I'll try it with CC

Check out my lots up for download!:

Modern Retail Space Commuity space in black and white
1, 2 & 3 Penny Lane
Modern Starter Homes

Visit my profile to find my other homes
My webpage has more houses: www.all-mine.me.uk
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:54 PM
Clothes, skins, object recolours, hair, etc. should all be fine. Hacks/Mods are what you need to watch out for. If you have all your hacks in one folder, you can just remove that and place it on your Desktop before installing (though I like to play it safe and remove the entire Downloads folder and place it on my Desktop before install)
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:10 PM
Isn't it just putting the entire downloads filder outside of the Sims folder while installing, and then drop them back in? Doesn't sound like too much hassle.
Locked thread | Locked by: discordkitty Reason: similar threads already exist