Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:45 AM
Default Annoying Problem...
Ok..I have played the game with and without custom content and hacks but I am finding the placement of objects hard. I place a sofa (for example) next to a wall facing forward and when I think it is placed and click off it spins around to face the wrong way. I also tried the angle cheat and that doesn't work right either...other then that the game is fine. All the custom content seems to work fine and all the cheats I had are working fine...just this odd thing actually placing content (like sofas, tables, tvs etc) in the game.

Any ideas?
ZenFrog

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:01 AM
I think it can also be control by mouse.

By the way, do you have "moveobjects on"?

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:07 AM
Actually that's happening to me too. I guess it's a glitch with Pets.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:08 AM
I have tried with moveobjects on and moveobjects off, still get the same problem and the angle thing is a devil to work as it just flips around again...argh! Maybe they will bring out a patch to stop this odd item placement problem...just wondered if someone could try their game....no custom content or hacks and just try placing anything and see what happens, then try the angle hack...I would appreciate this.
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:35 AM
It works fine with mine. I had to decorate my house after I moved in and I had zero issues with placing objects.
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:13 AM
I actually used to randomly get this problem before Pets, with no idea why.

If it is a glitch, hopefully the Maxis/EA team will notice and like you mentioned, release a patch (no doubt there probably will be one for Pets).
In the time being, make sure that you're just clicking with the mouse, and not accidently rotating the item.