Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15976 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RadicalChick
I use these rules for my wishacy game. http://buckeygirl80.blogspot.com/p/intro-and-rules.html

According to the description on this page a wishacy is a legacy where: "The idea is that the legacy is led by your founder, or heir/heiress, and that there is very little you can choose for your simmy in charge, you must do what their wishes/opportunities tell you to do."

I have found it to be very fun, challenging, and sometimes maddening!

That is super scary! I don't know if I could ever give up that much control. LOL

Also I have an update: Chapter 3.15: And Another One, And Another One

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Advertisement
Test Subject
#15977 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:04 PM
question: is it considered a bad thing to just... skim over like a week (in game) of gameplay where almost nothing happened? ive played through it and got screenshots and everything but theres just. hardly anything worth covering on my blog.
Lab Assistant
#15978 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 7:14 PM
Hello again, people!

I am back with a new chapter: Chapter 1.5 - Milestones are Reached

One words: Teenagers.

So many teenagers.
Lab Assistant
#15979 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
more important Harris update will come on sunday.

I didn't specify which sunday Sorry, I thought I was already finished with the next chapter and only needed to click the publish button, but it turns out I was lazier than I remembered and still need to write the dialog for the second half.

Anyway, quick island update! 1.6 - Household changes
Also @FirelightKnight skim as much as you want, I go through my NIF legacy very quickly too
Lab Assistant
#15980 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FirelightKnight
question: is it considered a bad thing to just... skim over like a week (in game) of gameplay where almost nothing happened? ive played through it and got screenshots and everything but theres just. hardly anything worth covering on my blog.

I do this all the time. I mean, some days my sims just do their work/school flow and then come home and eat/sleep. Nothing interesting at all. I just skip all that until something new or interesting or story based happens.

~*Keyneky*~

Lab Assistant
#15981 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:23 PM
Later than I planned but I'm finally done with the Harris update!

1.9 - Family reunion (pt.1)

It's more text-heavy than usual so bring a tea or something. This is an important chapter to me so I really hope you like it!
Lab Assistant
#15982 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 8:31 PM
Hello!

I have a short chapter, which is part one of a two-parter.

The second part comes out when I've written it.

Chapter 1.6 - Smell Like Teen Spirit (Part One)
Scholar
#15983 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 7:13 AM
Default New Update
I have a new Chapter, chapter 4.13
Lab Assistant
#15984 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:01 PM Last edited by Keyneky : 30th Jun 2018 at 4:44 PM.
Update: Chapter 3.16: Still Growing Up

Check out Lindsay being nightmare fuel thanks to her aging up. I am trying my best to keep up with posts and not play too far ahead. I am very excited for next gen though so it has been hard to slow down.
Screenshots

~*Keyneky*~

Field Researcher
#15985 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FirelightKnight

I don't think so, you've got to enjoy the game after all and nobody said you have to write every sims day or sim week. You can also timeskip, which has been done by several storytellers, which is also fine if you just need a conclusion or a fresh start. It's your story after all.

So the Sparrows have an update on each blog! (Everet's Wishacy is an alt universe type of thing and that's in my signature now)

The main story came out cute this time (sorry about any spelling errors, I'm too tired to read any more tonight after all the writing and updating). But there is a birthday, several makeovers, and something plot-developy that gives Jyo's teen years just a little bit more angst. :P

1.33 Insert Plot Thread Here
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Field Researcher
#15986 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:59 PM
*pops in & wave*
...Juust want to let everyone know I'll be around again, leaving comments as I try to catch up. I had a really big project to complete at work that just me so exhausted, I had no time for simming, much less blogging. The project is done and dusted, so now I finally have some time to follow blogs again. :D

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Space Pony
#15987 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:34 PM
1.1 - University

A wild chapter appeared. :o They're rare.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#15988 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:07 PM
I am back with part two of "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

Chapter 1.7 - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Part Two)
Field Researcher
#15989 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Marcy : 4th Jul 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Well after many months, here's a Winterly update!

2.46 Ready?

EDIT:

And a Silverly update! Naomi's finally a child! (And to those who read my asylum challenge, there are some updates there too!)

1.19 Good For You
Field Researcher
#15990 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:17 PM
Hey fam I have a question- I want my sims to adopt a child for story purposes but it's outside the parameters of how many children can be raised in the household. (I have a time limit on the adoption otherwise I won't be able to tie up a thread in the story, basically). I don't want to cheat, but I do want a resolution for the family so there's not a 'bad end'.

I'm thinking there are only two options that still respect the rules (Where children have to be raised in the house to count); I can create a adoption-type of facility that the family owns where that child will sleep and I won't play them but they'll be around for family milestones or to tell the story of the adoption to lengthen the process, or to move the kid into the active family and then immediately send them to boarding school where they can come back for holidays or something.

Thoughts?

Field Researcher
#15991 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:28 PM
Or you can simply go with Story>Rules, like so many of us have done. XD
In all honesty though, I'd go with the boarding school option. That way the kid won't really be around to have an effect on the challenge itself. As long as the kid isn't in the running to be the heir (and isn't around during the infant/toddler stages), I'm not seeing how it's that much different than making an IF real. Depends on how closely you want to follow the rules, I guess.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Field Researcher
#15992 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 7:19 PM Last edited by Marcy : 5th Jul 2018 at 11:55 PM.
I say the same. as Convicted dreamer, as long as they aren't heir it should be fine. Story > rules!

Also Silverly updates!
1.20 Et-eee-cut

1.21 Everything has to be Perfect

1.22 Some Privileges
Lab Assistant
#15993 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
Hey fam I have a question- I want my sims to adopt a child for story purposes but it's outside the parameters of how many children can be raised in the household. (I have a time limit on the adoption otherwise I won't be able to tie up a thread in the story, basically). I don't want to cheat, but I do want a resolution for the family so there's not a 'bad end'.

I'm thinking there are only two options that still respect the rules (Where children have to be raised in the house to count); I can create a adoption-type of facility that the family owns where that child will sleep and I won't play them but they'll be around for family milestones or to tell the story of the adoption to lengthen the process, or to move the kid into the active family and then immediately send them to boarding school where they can come back for holidays or something.

Thoughts?

Eeeehhhhh I have to agree with everyone else. Story is more important than rules. If it really bothers you, send the kid off to boarding school. I've been pretty flexible in my own game with the child roll because I'd rather enjoy playing my game than have to stick to something that will make me unhappy with my game. Just me 2 cents.

I have an update! Chapter 3.17: My Heart is Yours

~*Keyneky*~

Field Researcher
#15994 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 3:27 PM
A Silverly update!

1.23 It's My Party...
Scholar
#15995 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:01 AM
I have a new update, Chapter 4.14
Space Pony
#15996 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:43 AM
1.2 - Party
New chapter! I have the pictures for two more chapters, though I need to get the pictures for the next chapter. I'm going to try something different. It won't work for the next generation, but I think it's neat for the first one.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#15997 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 10:00 AM
Anyone here still remember Katerchen? The black and white male founder cat of my old Koyangi legacy? He's lost. The real life him, not the sims version. It's been 4 and a half days and I'm absolutely devastated. I put a cardboard box with his blanket, his favourite shirt of mine, food, and water outside. I sprinkled some soiled litter of his around to help him find his own scent. I have posters all over the neighborhood. I asked neighbors if they saw him and got many hints, unfortunately there is another very similar looking cat in the neighborhood who they have most likely seen. I check every block's cellar, I sit outside at nights (when it's quiet and he is more likely to come out), call and sing. But so far nothing...
He's been an indoors cat for 8 years... I don't know if he can find his way back home alone. I'm a wreck and just crying all the time, haven't been as sad about human people's death as I am about my cat's disappearance.

Sorry for going completely off-topic, but I just can't not talk about it. I keep reading and commenting on your stories, will also continue my own once I'm in the mood for that again. But I'm just unbelievably sad right now.
PS: Also sorry for not responding to comments on my RLC, for whatever reason I managed to unsubscribe from my own blog. Trying to find that option somewhere....
Field Researcher
#15998 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
Anyone here still remember Katerchen? ...
Sorry for going completely off-topic, but I just can't not talk about it. I keep reading and commenting on your stories, will also continue my own once I'm in the mood for that again. But I'm just unbelievably sad right now.
PS: Also sorry for not responding to comments on my RLC, for whatever reason I managed to unsubscribe from my own blog. Trying to find that option somewhere....

@Nocriel, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that right now! I love kittes and when a stray isn't looking well I always say a prayer for it or try to find someone who can help it. I hope you don't mind if I say a prayer for Katterchan too. Have you tried leaving something that he likes outside, even something he sleeps on or that may smell like him?

Scholar
Original Poster
#15999 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:56 AM
Sorry about your cat, Nocriel! I hope you find him soon.

I've been having problems with blogger too. It's not sending comments to my email. Not sure what the issue is.
Test Subject
#16000 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:52 AM
Hey guys! I just started a new legacy! You guys can check it out on my blog here: https://jaybirbiesims.wordpress.com/generations-2/
Just click the 1.1 link to read the first chapter!
Thanks!
Page 640 of 676