Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 1:20 AM
Default Things your really want in Sims 4 CAS
I'm sure things have been mentioned in all the other forms but I thought we could start one just for CAS?

I just have tons of ideas on how to make CAS better. For example being able to start off with a few skill points, and of course a height slider would be awesome. But getting even more detailed I would like to be able to layer clothes. Maybe put a long sleeve shirt under a t shirt. And instead of a whole weather outfit, just being able to pick a coat and boots or something? And an easier way to remove accessories, like being able to double click on gloves or glasses to remove them? And I love the pre made out fits, its good for quick outfitting but I wish there was away to get a certain part of those outfits, sometimes I love the skirt in one of those outfits but not the top and I'd like to be able to have just the skirt. Lastly, some bags would be nice!

(Also what is up with some of the hair not being able to work with certain outfits? My female sim can sleep with a flower in her hair but god forbid she has curly hair in her swimming outfit? Fix that please!)

And other ideas???

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 11:28 AM
A CAS where the clothing for each category is cached, so it doesn't take 5 freaking minutes to find a pair of panty hose. And improving performance by eliminating CAST is not a solution to the issue I find acceptable.
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 5:22 PM
I would want the ability to freely recolor an outfit by being able to choose from a color wheel or enter an RGB color code. While we're at it, also add in the ability to put patterns and textures on clothing. We could call this system "CAST".

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 7:00 PM
Aside from the lack of CASt, there's really not that big a difference between CAS in TS3 and TS4.
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 7:13 PM
I'd like to be able to recolor any item and have the option to choose which presets appear (e.g. blue jeans, white tank top) to prevent townies and NPCs from generating in colors that are too "loud" for my neighborhood or world (e.g. overly saturated green or a Lady Gaga shade of yellow).

I'd also like the option to enable/disable certain outfits and categorize them.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I would want the ability to freely recolor an outfit by being able to choose from a color wheel or enter an RGB color code. While we're at it, also add in the ability to put patterns and textures on clothing. We could call this system "CAST".
Yep, not have Cast nor a color wheel is very big disappointing news. Hopefully With the delay, EA/Maxis will consider A color system that acts like "CAST".

And I would want the game to have very good addictive game play,treating the game as a sandbox game as other previous sequels were.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat

that's actually a really good idea. it would allow for extensive customization and it would be a great step forward.
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 7:40 PM
Expanded relationships; like being able to make a family where it's like grandmother raising her grand kids without having to make some parents and then kill them off, or being able to make an adult with young adult children, you know stuff like that
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 7:58 PM
Personally, I just want the sliders back. I loved creating and finetuning my sims. I never used templates. It seems like the new CAS will make it harder for me to design unique sims.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 3:21 PM
I want everything to be unisex and the option of changing how all clothes fit on a sim. Do you want your jeans baggy and almost falling down, or do you want them way to tight or short? Why clog up CAS with way too many clothes when they can be the same jeans, just with sliders that chose how they fit on that particular sim! Same with glasses and other accessories. Hats should also just be accessories, never added with the haircut. Spiky hair should be flattened at the top with a little bit of the front sticking out while a sim is wearing a beanie or some other hat.

CAS should also have options for chest size, hip size, butt and shoulder size for all sims, regardless of their gender. That way you can have moobs. Wonderful. (It sounds evil, but some guys do have moobs and realism would be nice)You should also be able to control how a sims' fingers and hands look like. Thumbs should be seperate from the rest of the hand so you can get whatever you want. You should even be able to choose if your sim's fingers are crooked. You should be able to change their proportions, even if they are a bit strange. I mean seriously, a short skinny sim with little shoulders, a large-ish head, long torso and arms, long fingers and toe thumbs, and short legs might seem very strange, but those are basically my own proportions.

You should also be able to chose the exact placement of moles on a sim's body and exactly how many freckles they should have.

Skin tones should have an undertone slider, so you can pick what undertone you want your sim's skin to have. Results might be strange, but individuality is great!

Glasses should actually improve a sim's eyesight, and sims should have varying degrees of bad eyesight. Alternatively, there should be fake glasses as well, but those won't even remotely help sims who actually need real ones.

Head hair, body hair and facial hair should grow with time! REALISM!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 9:39 PM
Eyebrow thinness.
Fingernail length
Adams apples
Dimples (cheeks and backside)
Different kinds of teeth (buck tooth, missing teeth, gold tooth, perfectly "fake looking" teeth)
Be able to customize eye colors. Like right eye could be brown and left eye could be green.
Be able to put beauty marks in every place imaginable.

vanilla-breyers.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:11 PM
More ways to move the camera.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 9:17 PM
Sets of the same hair styling to work with different clothing categories.

For example if you have a long straight style 'with bangs' for everyday
Same long straight style 'with bangs' but pulled up in a pony tail for athletic
Same long straight style 'with bangs' in an up-do with tendrils for evening
Same long straight style 'with bangs' wet and flat for swimwear
Same long straight style 'with bangs' messy, bedhead (bangs could be a bit cow licked) or bad hair day
Same long straight style 'with bangs' in plaits for gardening and farming/horse riding
Same long straight style 'with bangs' in a rough top knot with fly away's and bits coming loose for housework or casual

My Sims always looked like they had a magical hair cut or growth spur when changing clothes categories - bangs, no bangs - short, long - straight, wavy - layers, one length....
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 12:16 AM
I'd like to see dimples on the cheeks and chin. Also a simple buzzcut with a non-crooked edge up... One of the most common hairstyles within the black community and they've yet to get it right.
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 3:10 AM
I'D REALLY LIKE EMOTIONS IN CAS. EMOTIONS EVERYWHERE! EMOOOTIONS!

I actually want more options for the family tree. You know, more options than just a typical nuclear family. Stuff like step-parents or step-siblings or young adults being children of adults or siblings to teenagers. Plus the ability to make more than 8 but not necessarily having them live together, like I could make my main family plus grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins, then move them out. Hard to do that with the 8 sim limit. And I know there are mods for it, but still.

And CASt. C'mon, EA. You delayed the game. Focus on adding that back in instead of choosing what content to take out and then release on the Store.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 10:52 AM
I'd like to see more layers, and more sense into the overall wardrobe of sims.

Underwear would be part of the wardrobe, and sims would wear their clothes over it. Summer and winter outfits should be seperate, with many clothing being part of both categories.
Outdoor wear should work differently, it should be something worn over the currently worn outfit. Your sim would put on a coat, and maybe some gloves a scarf and a hat to go along with it. This means they'd wear it over their work clothes when going to work, unless the work outfit comes with a coat.

I'd also like to see a few "hidden" CAS outfits. These would be: martial arts outfit, motorbike outfit and more such things. This should not be part of standard CAS since most sims would not use it, but could be bought at stores, the menu only popping up there to not clutter the CAS too much with stuff most sims wont ever use. What's the point in having motorcycle helmets for your sims currently? I'd want sims to be able to just wear that helmet when they ride their bike, along with the suit to go with it. I also want controll over what martial arts outfits they wear. The one for men is ugly.

There should also be the option to choose work outfits, but this should not be chosen by your sims, but should be possible at the work locations in edit town.
Through this, all your sims would automaticly wear the appropriate outfit you want them to wear whenever they get promoted to that position.
Available uniforms could be based on the career and position, and there could always be the option to select the standard categories for sims. Like casual wear, formal wear, athletic wear, etc. That way your sims will just wear their own clothes of that category to work.
So if you want your millitairy to be dressed in urban camo, you can easily do that. If you want your office sims to wear their own formal wear to work, you can do that.
This would really help create the atmosphere you want for your neighbourhood. If you want to create a futuristic style neighbourhood, you'd have some good tools for it.

The current customisation for work outfits was clearly thrown in as an afterthought and is poorly done. Standard work outfits are horrible as well in sims 3, they always looks great in sims 1 and 2. It was part of the reward of advancement, getting to see their cool new outfit.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 11:27 PM
The only issue I have with layered clothing is wasting ram or poly counts of whatever it is (not tech savvy, here) on stuff you can't see, like underwear or camis etc. Now, if a cami will be visible or you put a bra with a sheer shirt, sure put it on, but if you can't see it, there really is no point. It's not like the sims change clothes by taking off each item of clothing. Wouldn't that be something to see? Then again, it'd probably take a full sim hour to get it done.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:38 AM
It simply helps add more realism, and allows you to buy specific items for your sims instead of full suits at stores. Like just a blouse and then they'd buy a tie seperatly to go along with it.

You'd be able to create your own outfit, but could also ask for a make over or such from the shop owner, then you'd get the choice of full outfits instead of buying the items seperatly and creating your own outfit.

As for sims wearing underwear under their clothes, to me it makes sense. Other game are doing this as well, the sims series appears to be rediculously behind in regards to clothing on characters while it seems far more important to a game like the sims than a game like fighters, Saint's Row and wrestling games.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:55 PM
1. Rooted hair, not plastic molded hair - hair that actually moves when the sim moves, gets blown by the wind, gets wet in the shower or rain, and you blow dry your hair after getting out of the shower, or suffer wet hair for the rest of the day. FIxing your hair after every bath must be quick like 5 sim mins since there is very little time in sims.

2. Earring should also move with the sims, or gets blown by the wind if they are light enough.

2. 7 different clothing for each day of the week instead of just three, and sims will wear clothes according to what day it is.

3. Underwear category, they had this in sims 2, I hope they bring this back. underwear and sleepwear are not always the same. and bra straps should be seen through some see tops, or seen entirely through see through tops, sometimes it looks fashionable, and an option to not wear underwear.

4. New tab for different accessories, and accessories that change depending what time of the day it is. sunglasses should not be worn at night. when you have a swimwear attire that includes sunglasses, you need to make another one for wearing at night that doesn't include sunglasses.

5. Being able to recategorize clothing while in game would be nice. I make sure no inappropriate clothing are valid for certain clothing category, sometimes I forget a few, and it's annoying to exit the game to recategorize clothing again.

6. There should be no tops, bottoms or outfits that come with permanent accessories, all accessories should be separate.

7. Hats, or any other type of hair accessory should also be non permanent, hats that can be worn with different hairstyles by dragging it and flattening the hair so it won't stick out.

8. Every sim should come with natural looking fingernails and toenails, and female sims can adjust the length shape and color/design of their nails.

9. Sims height would be nice, it doesn't have to be every single inch in sim scale, it could just be like from 5'5" to 5'9" to 6'2", etc.

10. High heels that actually add height, and boots should not overlap with pants.

11. Handbags would be nice too that you can carry with your hand or on your shoulder, and it should have unlimited capacity to fit all the inventory such as cars, and cellphones should be kept there too.

Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
As for sims wearing underwear under their clothes, to me it makes sense. Other game are doing this as well, the sims series appears to be rediculously behind in regards to clothing on characters while it seems far more important to a game like the sims than a game like fighters, Saint's Row and wrestling games.

I agree, I have played other games, and I was so amazed the way they handle clothing is far more advanced than sims 3 and they're not even fashion games. The sims 3 is so behind when it comes to clothing, when it should have been on top of the line because it's suppose to be a dress up kind of game.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:47 AM
pre-teens! i am sick of spending forever looking for hacked kids clothing etc. i sometimes want to make sims that are 10-12 year-olds it's like little kids and then they grow straight up into teenagers with way way more developed bodys and the boys immediantly have low voices i think they should have pre-teens because it would make more sense with aging and stuff
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 6:25 PM
Pre-Teens def. Height would be real nice too. Being a sort, short female, id love my sim to reflect on that
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:42 PM
- Sliders that allow me to do this:

- And the option to delete clothes and hair that I deem to be fugly/bin sims that I deem to be worthless, or at LEAST a built-in hider or something, to control the lag! Yeesh!

(Just went through hiders/removing templates and let me tell you, I have never had it good as I do now. Even the loading screen only takes three seconds, depending on how much CC I have, of course.)

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 8:35 AM
I need sliders. So many sliders.
They can never go wrong with options.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 12:29 PM
The ability to choose what's in the sim's inventory (if they own a phone,an umbrella,...) or not.
Choose if the sim succeded at school or not and which school they went in (The random chosen school from the sims 3 annoys me a lot).
Be able to add skill points from the CAS , I don't think that an adult at the middle of his/her life doesn't have any skills points.
More relationships options.
And the height slider , although it doesn't bother me as much as the other stuff I said.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 8:05 PM
What I'd like in CAS?

So you could mix and match jackets with t-shirts, sort of like what they did in the sims 2 for consoles. Or belts with pants.
More content than 3 had, and that the hair and clothes actually look decent.
So you can go to extremes like the sims 2 and make the ugliest creatures imaginable.
I think the hair look amazing the way it is, but if they could make it bounce just a bit like the sims 2 that'd be nice.
Voice options that don't sound horrible.
Get rid of the young adult stage and make the adult stage just longer. Or have an actual difference between YA and A besides just fertility. Make them look older or something.
Turn ons and turn offs
Likes and dislikes that actually contribute to attraction to other sims.
Make the toddlers, kids, teens, and elders, have an acceptable amount of stuff as well.

I could go on for a while so i'll leave it at that.
Page 1 of 2