Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 1:12 PM
Default The Sims 2 Ultimate Collections, sp's & ep's orientation
Hello! I have kind of strange problem. I haven't played The Sims 2 for ages, and now I'm confused. I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (from times, when it was free on Origin), and I'd like to put Radiance Light system to the game, and I'm Confused... I have this Radiance in files version, and I need to know names and symbols (ep & sp) for each packs, but I don't know which is which, meaning, for me University is university, not epX. I need list of names of each expansion and stuff pack, along with they're sp or ep number.

Or the easier way, is there any radians lighting system, that install itself automaticlly, and everywhere?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 1:44 PM
This is what I think is the list of EPs, SPs and their numbers:
EP1 University
EP2 Nightlife
EP3 Open for Business
EP4 Pets
EP5 Seasons
EP6 Bon Voyage
EP7 FreeTime
EP8 Apartment Life

SP1 Happy Holiday
SP2 Family Fun
SP3 Glamour Life
SP4 Celebration!
SP5 H&M Fashion
SP6 Teen Style
SP7 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design
SP8 IKEA Home
SP9 Mansions & Gardens

This is mostly from memory, with the help of the icons on my Launcher. Anyone who actually has all the EPs and SPs is welcome to correct me. Happy Holiday was a sort of prototype Stuff Pack. Maxis hadn't quite worked out the concept. It doesn't appear on the Launcher, and I don't think it can be uninstalled. I think it has ben given the number "SP1" though. Mansions & Gardens is officially a stuff pack (SP9), but really it's more of a mini-EP. It has its own game engine, and I'm pretty sure it's the Mansions & Gardens game engine that you get with the Ultimate Collection.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 1:50 PM
EP/SP number is the order they were released in. You can see the release dates on wikipedia. The order Andrew posted is correct, though Happy Holiday was released in two rounds with the second being between Glamour Life and Celebration.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 5:04 PM
You can install the radiance system with the scriptorum, I believe - I did that when I started to use UC.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 6:59 PM
Is this what will do the work for me?

http://modthesims.info/d/192613
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 7:49 PM
Will the Scriptorum and other old auto-installers work properly with the Ultimate Collection? I think I've seen mention that the UC has a slightly different folder arrangement than the original disk releases (or maybe I just misunderstood something).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 9:50 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 20th Apr 2016 at 9:51 PM. Reason: Add something
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Is this what will do the work for me?

http://modthesims.info/d/192613

Sorry for the double post but I did not see the question - yes. It will give you an option to install the Gunmod Radiance whatever - you have to tick the little white dot. Just read while installing.

It works perfectly for me with UC (worked on Windows 7 and works on Windows 10 now).
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 10:50 PM
The program seems to know where are game files, cause it doesn't ask about locations. Only I don't know how to check if the game noticed anything, Maybe I'm blind or something :P
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Mansions & Gardens is officially a stuff pack (SP9), but really it's more of a mini-EP. It has its own game engine, and I'm pretty sure it's the Mansions & Gardens game engine that you get with the Ultimate Collection.

Mansion & Garden Stuff is EP9, even though it's a Stuff Pack, probably because it rolled up all the previous game engine changes and then added a couple of minor extra ones of its own.

@anie_1981: There's what looks like a fairly good description of how to install Radiance Lighting for the Ultimate Collection here:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...421#post4760421

(disclaimer: haven't tested it, I'm a Mac user. I just happened to see the thread last year, and managed to find it again)
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 11:20 PM
Tutorial is OK, but I don't have files version anymore. I've got rid of it aftrer downloading the exe file, and I don't how to extract files from exe file.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 6:21 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 21st Apr 2016 at 7:05 AM. Reason: Add something
If you install it with the Scriptorum, with the auto-installer, you will immediately notice the difference the radiance mod makes in your game. I had absolutely no problems with it at all. Perhaps some players have difficulties on their particular systems, but I had none.

UC is apparently compiled more from the collections (best of business, fun with pets, etc.) - so it is not a compilation of the various ep's as such.

Scriptorum Lights - file is in C/OriginGames/TheSims2UlitmateCollection/DoubleDeluxe/Basegame/TSDate/Res/Lights - hope it helps.
Alchemist
#12 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 11:06 PM
do not yet have any pack, but from main site I recall that Happy Holiday was 3rd stuff pack and that Family Fun was 1st stuff pack.
the holiday pack before Family Fun had another name; but I do not remember what that name was. that pack and the stuff pack I recall was combined together shortly after stuff pack's release.

another place to check pack order would be through the Wayback Machine site.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 7:01 AM
I thought I'd add the listing I added to my personal sims wiki. Its from my notes about making objects.package files read only, but the benefit of it is that it has the original release order of the expansions and stuff packs (as told by the original article on Sims Wiki ), the 'traditional' file path, and then my Ultimate Collection filepath. (the 'D:' should just be replaced with where ever you installed the UC - so probably 'C:\Program Files(x86)\' on Windows.) It also has the 'modified date' of the UC objects.package files so you can check for game corruption and replace with backups if required.

I hope its of use to someone. And let me know if its missing anything or incorrect.

##### The Sims 2 #####
--- Creation Date: Friday, February 25, 2005, Modified Date: October 25, 2005
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Monday, ‎15 ‎November ‎2010, ‏‎12:17:42 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Nightlife #####
--- Creation Date: August 17, 2005, Modified Date: January 17, 2006
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Monday, ‎15 ‎November ‎2010, ‏‎12:14:58 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 University #####
--- Creation Date: Monday, October 31, 2005, Modified Date: October 31, 2005
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Monday, ‎14 ‎March ‎2011, ‏‎1:09:48 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Open For Business #####
--- Creation Date: February 06, 2006, Modified Date: May 25, 2006
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: Thursday, ‎10 ‎March ‎2011, ‏‎4:07:42 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: March 16, 2006, Modified Date: May 25, 2006
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Thursday, ‎2 ‎December ‎2010, ‏‎12:19:46 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP1\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: July 21, 2006, Modified Date: July 21, 2006
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Monday, ‎31 ‎July ‎2006, ‏‎4:18:32 AM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Glamour Life Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Pets #####
--- Creation Date: September 08, 2006, Modified Date: March 12, 2007
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: Thursday, ‎2 ‎December ‎2010, ‏‎12:25:30 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\EP4\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Seasons #####
--- Creation Date: January 25, 2007, Modified Date: June 13, 2007
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Thursday, ‎25 ‎January ‎2007, ‏‎9:27:56 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Seasons\TSData\Res\Objects

##### The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: March 02, 2007, Modified Date: March 02, 2007
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Celebration! Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Monday, ‎15 ‎November ‎2010, ‏‎12:14:24 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\SP4\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 H&M® Fashion Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: May 14, 2007, Modified Date: May 14, 2007
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 H&M® Fashion Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Thursday, ‎10 ‎March ‎2011, ‏‎4:07:34 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP5\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Bon Voyage #####
--- Creation Date: August 04, 2007, Modified Date: January 31, 2008
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Thursday, ‎31 ‎January ‎2008, ‏‎5:06:54 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: October 02, 2007, Modified Date: October 02, 2007
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Monday, ‎14 ‎March ‎2011, ‏‎1:09:24 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP6\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 FreeTime #####
--- Creation Date: January 11, 2008, Modified Date: June 10, 2008
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Tuesday, ‎10 ‎June ‎2008, ‏‎6:50:02 AM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Free Time\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: March 11, 2008, Modified Date: March 11, 2008
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date:‎ Thursday, ‎10 ‎March ‎2011, ‏‎4:07:34 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP7\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 The Sims 2 IKEA® Home Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: May 27, 2008, Modified Date: May 27, 2008
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 IKEA® Home Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date:‎ Monday, ‎14 ‎March ‎2011, ‏‎1:09:06 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP8\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Apartment Life #####
--- Creation Date: July 26, 2008, Modified Date: October 9, 2008
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Friday, ‎1 ‎April ‎2011, ‏‎2:41:30 AM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package

##### The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff #####
--- Creation Date: October 11, 2008, Modified Date: October 11, 2008
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
UC- Modified Date: ‎Thursday, ‎2 ‎December ‎2010, ‏‎12:16:32 PM
D:\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 7:53 PM
OK, I have downloaded Radiance folders again, and I've taken some time to deal with those files. The result can be seen in rar file, uploaded below... The only thing I have done, is to copy UC folder tree, and put new light where it belongs. I don't take any credit for that, it's jus saving a bit of time to other UC users. There are all files, those with original instructions included.

I hope everyone has the same version of Ultimate Collection, so the folders tree looks the same everywhere...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gunmods Radiance Light System 2.4.rar (122.8 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:52 AM
I know I'm late, and this is ressurecting the thread from 2 year grave, but I realised that SP1 in Ultimate Collection is not Happy Holliday but Family Fun Stuff. Holiday stuff is SP2 which is missing from UC install location. I also checked this with SimPE, and contents of SP1 folder are Family Fun Stuff objects.

For anyone who wants to install radiance manually but has UC.