Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:56 PM
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:27 AM
The ever popular and always inevitable patch of the patch.

ETA: inb4 the patch of the patch of the patch
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:46 AM
- The underside of roof eaves no longer have texture.

I wish they would have kept this. I hate the bright white undersides.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:50 AM
They managed to accidentally remove the most needed cheat ever existed: the reset sim one..
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...738131593216000

Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:56 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO. I FINALLY just got all my mods in working order and am enjoying playing again. I am not f*cking updating and having to go through and check each mod again. This is why I hate EA and this f*cking game. (I do not hate the game, I love the game, but they ruin it.)

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
NOOOOOOOOOOO. I FINALLY just got all my mods in working order and am enjoying playing again. I am not f*cking updating and having to go through and check each mod again. This is why I hate EA and this f*cking game. (I do not hate the game, I love the game, but they ruin it.)

It probably won't break too much stuff this time around
unlike with the seasons patch that was pretty massive, here they only fixed a few specific things..
(I hope)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:25 AM
Quote:
In the past, we accidentally made available several cheats that are meant for debugging and developing the game only. To be frank, the cheats are VERY dangerous and can have very unpredictable effects on your games. We took these cheats away to be safe. However, we took a few TOO many away. We have added the following cheats back:

Wait...Which ones did they take away!?

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Wait...Which ones did they take away!?

So are all the cheat codes back or not. I hate it when they put out a EP with problem that should have caught before it was sent out the door, I really think they have no QC at all.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:52 AM
He made these tweets. I guess it's one of these.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...742261674049536

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...742260059181056

Reset sim {name} in the cheat bar works. But not the Shift+Left Click version.

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:27 AM
I still experiencing unusunal lag in build mode, but it must be my imagination as they said they just "fixed" it..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:36 AM
destroy object or sim is gone from cheat list.
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:43 AM
You mean Destroy Object (debug) from Shift-Left Click, yes that was useful by being used by cautious players, it was the only way to get rid of stuck objects, but dangerous for careless players, I believe the only way to remove a stuck object now is by a command line in the console box, but you also must know the object ID number you want to delete.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:15 AM
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:41 PM
I'm very thankful that they fixed the spliced plants. I had a ton of them before I installed Seasons and it was bothering me that I couldn't see what any of them were.
Scholar
#15 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:37 PM
Unsure if the reason is that I switched houses, but this patch feels somewhat worse than the original, I'm really don't care they fixed a few a cheats that I never used anyway, unless there was something much more serious to fix, idk why this couldn't just waited until the next official patch.
dodgy builder
#16 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
here this fix the cheats https://www.patreon.com/file?h=19645059&i=2327526

Thank you very much for that, but what did I just download? I suspect this has a timestamp as most mods has, do you have a sitelink? I do see it's by tmex and called allcheats. tmex being twistedmexi?

Before this I installed the mod above, I tried to reset the butler when he looked like he got stuck in a job, and couldn't make it work. I might have done it the wrong way though.
Scholar
#17 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:01 PM
I'm getting serious issues of sims sleeping in the wrong beds despite having their own claim beds, ok it may be mod problem, (not that I know off any bed/sleeping mods), but anyone else noticed let me know, if not i better starting removing mods one by one...
dodgy builder
#18 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I'm getting serious issues of sims sleeping in the wrong beds despite having their own claim beds, ok it may be mod problem, (not that I know off any bed/sleeping mods), but anyone else noticed let me know, if not i better starting removing mods one by one...

I had the same problem and I only downloaded mccc after the new exp, still the same problem. I had to wake the kids up and send them to the right bed.
Scholar
#19 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

There is an existing issue with claimed beds (it exist for me for too long than I can remember)
the thing is, if sims had some fun with their partner on their own bed, it's for some unknown reason causing them to lose their ownership on the bed..
so after every act of love you need to make them reclaim their beds again..
or buy them a closet

Edit: If it happens with kids than I guess it's not the same issue..
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:27 PM
Same issue here with the bed problem. Happened before I enabled my mods again.
And I wish they would fix the unclaimed after woohoo bug that has been in the game since forever.

But actually tho I'm SO ANNOYED that they went back to the ugly white underside of eaves. Who the hell looked that that bug and thought nah, a solid white texture will look better.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:39 PM
I reported some of these bugs, glad to see a few were fixed. I've seen the bed swapping bug too. At first I thought it was "normal" because I usually play with a ton of mods and thought it was how it was when you play vanilla. After reading posts from other people saying it's a bug I went ahead and reported it. I am only using a couple mods at the moment. Waiting for updates and for the dust to settle before I add too many things back. Also not fixed is the Tree Of Emotions berries, hopefully that will work soon. It's just my luck that I started seeing those pressure plate traps in temples more than ever since the patch broke the berries. I didn't get those traps nearly as often before, ha.

And I managed to somehow break my game while patching last night. I read there was a patch but didn't see an "update available" so I clicked "Update" on the menu where you'd do a repair, check settings, and all that stuff. And somehow it caused my game not to function. It took about 2-2.5 hours to repair, but thankfully it did patch during the repair. I don't imagine the bugfix was 2.something GBs, lol. It's not even the kind of patch that disables mods, but something went wrong on my end. Still don't know why the patch wasn't showing up as available for me, the spliced plants was a big thing for me because one of my household members was working in the gardening career and working on the gardening aspiration. I couldn't tell what was what. Now I can, but she was elder by then and died almost immediately after I loading after the patch lol.
Smeg Head
#22 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:18 PM
I've not patched just yet. So, let me get this straight. Maxis have removed access to many debug cheats? Cheats that a player can only access if they use a mod that allows access to debug cheats? I don't know if there are any antediluvian, 16 billion digit cheat codes you can type in to use debug cheats if not using a mod to access them. Either way, a player has to go out of their way to have access - thus their own damn bag if they mess up their game. Debug cheats are not something noobie vanilla players can easily stumble upon accidently, so as to wreck their game. So why do Maxis make that the excuse for removing access to them? They've long since covered themselves by warning mods can break your game. So why are they going out of their way to remove something that only a mod gives access to? Cheats that almost all veteran players would like to keep active? Stinks of BS. More like they just broke them and can't be bothered to fix them, since, you know, you're not supposed to see them anyway.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#23 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:30 PM
@coolspear1 It's possible they messed up, but it seems more likely some over zealous producer suddenly realized that the cheats were being used, and shut that shit down without even fully understanding what they are. It's a typical management decision imo. Seeing how many cheats we don't have access to, it's also possible they were just 'tidying up'. Thirdly, they have access to code which modders don't, so it's possible they realize there are more danger using certain cheats than maybe is visible from outside. Especially if certain functions are completely made for debugging, they don't have to be stable, and could indeed be giant messes, like a hammer or something similar. Just saying.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#24 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:36 PM
I'm thinking maybe they've seen some modder that was too good for them to allow..
like the guy that made the multiplayer mod, and now working on the CAW
I would get stressed if I were EA..

that being said, I don't know if those excluded cheats even gonna effect the modders..
they seem to work around a lot of stuff kudos to them (including the ones that are currently taking a break...)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:38 PM
I'm concerned that removing access to cheats could possibly break a mod like MC Command center that at least partially relies on enforcing cheats.
Page 1 of 3