Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 1:47 PM
I hate myself right now for finding yet *another* perfect looking world to play in!! I have so many already but I keep finding more :$
Great work, I'm probably gonna test it out soon and see if there's any bugs to report
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 2:15 PM
Hey y'all! Working on slowly building in this world. My goal at the moment is to build the lots that either are locked (tombs, dive lots) and lots that are greatly influenced by the terrain/environment (parks, the junkyard, the aquarium). I've got one tomb done that just needs to be fully tested - I did test as I built but I need to test it in the exported world to make sure everything stayed in place and spawns properly. Another tomb is just about done with me just needed to finish a few minor deco items. I've got 3 parks just about done. The aquarium is about halfway there - the exhibits are done, but the basement level which is where the science stuff, since it's a marine science research and preservation center, still needs to be finished. Neither the junkyard or the dive lots have been started yet.

This is the park that I just finished. It is in the center of Brenvale Heights, the second wealthiest subdivision in the town. As such, it's elegant and simple and designed to be soothing.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:14 PM Last edited by heaven : 15th Sep 2016 at 11:26 PM.
Bad news. It's looking like my world won't be having dive lots. I've got the terrain in CAW as low as it can go. I can make a dive lot - but the kelp sticks out over the top (at least it looks like it does when you're underwater). I've tried everything I can to lower the terrain, including creating a new world with 300 max height and a 300 flat heightmap and importing in Greymont Bay's data. Still as low as it goes. My water depth is deep enough that the ground "disappears" when you have the fog on, but it doesn't look that deep with the fog off.

I can lower it in game itself, but I'm not sure that's good enough. I've never created a dive lot before (in any world) so perhaps someone's out there who is a bit more knowledgeable than myself.

EDIT TO ADD:
I did a quick test where I just lowered the terrain a bit and stuck in some kelp and sent a sim to dive to see if A) he could, B) if he would float or stay in the water and C) how horrible it would look. I posted the results on my tumblr here if anyone would like to see/give their own thoughts on it. However, it does look like with some work, I can get it to work.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 2:40 AM
I had the exact same problem with my world.
Had a water depth of 10, now I have a water depth of 30.
I used Photoshop to fix the height map. Went surprisingly easy and well. Almost everything followed nicely. External water plans, ports and houseboats must unfortunately be repositioned in height.
Let me know if you want help with an attempt.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:17 AM
Thank you for the kind offer. I did export the height map and took a look at it in Gimp, but my lowest sections were as black as they could get and my highest spots were really white so I don't think I could really adjust the height map without messing up the rest of what I've got going on. Since it tested alright, I'm going to continue to make one of the lots with full effects and stuff and see how it goes.

Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 8:41 AM
I found that with dive lots it looks at first like you described - with the plants sticking out. After closing caw and reloading everything was fine though. Maybe your ground is not deep enough, but maybe it is just this graphical glitch?
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 11:00 AM
Send me the height map if you change your mind and want to test on a copy. (It takes less time for me to fix it than to write this message. )
The only thing is that the highest point on your map should not be higher than about 180.
By the way ... your world looks wonderful ! It's cozy !
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 1:28 AM
Thank you for the compliment Eva! Cozy is what I am going for, even if it's a large map!

Everything seems to work just fine. So yay! My sim doesn't float, neither do the spawners. He can use the caves and chests perfectly.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 2:55 AM
Some updated progress pictures of completed community lots:

Library:

Business/Journalism/Bistro:

School, Pool, and Athletic Field:

I also completed 5 little starter trailers. They're each under §16,500 - 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. 2 of them also have cribs. I need to adjust the terrain paint in CAW a bit so they blend better, but otherwise they're done. (There are shutters on them all, but they don't show up from farther away.)

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 12:35 AM
Some more completed lots:

Salty's Crab Shack and the beach (and a plethora of unfinished lots in the background):

Historic homes within walking distance of downtown (they're behind Salty's but were built after I took the above screenshot):

Some bungalows, all with accessible basements for additional space:

And a random scenery shot of a stormy day on the water:

Instructor
#36 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 10:00 AM
Urgh I can't wait to play some moody looking sims with scarves on that island.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Lady Venera : 15th Apr 2017 at 9:54 PM.
Greymont bay lots?
Final release.?
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:46 PM
This is exactly what I have been looking for....thank you so much for making this.
When is it available for download?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th May 2017 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freidapearl
This is exactly what I have been looking for....thank you so much for making this.
When is it available for download?

I still have a lot of lots to build. Also, my PC kicked the bucket. I've got a new one built and I have my files backed up so I didn't lose anything BUT I lost one of my game discs so I'm waiting on another to arrive in the mail so I don't have to patch to the dreaded 1.69

Building lots is incredibly time consuming and slightly soul sucking, so I can't give a definitive date at this time. However, it's pretty much the only thing I have left to finish.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 18th May 2017 at 10:14 PM
Hi Heaven, I'm here signing up to help decorate lots. I'm planing on starting a new Ts3 folder, for testing purposing, so this is something I'd like to do. Haven't played or decorated in a game without CC since WA came out so this will be a challenge.
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th May 2017 at 5:51 AM
Im here to help decorate lots! Ive tried decorating with just base game but it never worked out but for this I will be forced to so this would be fun!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th May 2017 at 12:43 PM
Thank you both! I got my first round of shells done and given out on tumblr. Still need to work on making some more for the next round, but I've got a short story I'm working on that has a deadline in a few weeks so I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to work on new lots before then.

Test Subject
#43 Old 29th May 2017 at 7:20 PM Last edited by ElectricGamers : 29th May 2017 at 7:22 PM. Reason: Just noticed Lol
This is such a gorgeous world! But it had to be since the sims 3 has now been "Replaced" and the only current users are the really die hard fans and creators. I am Planning to transfer some of my my lots from my custom world to this one. How many Lots will the world have in total when fully complete, sorta speak? (Like full released)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElectricGamers
This is such a gorgeous world! But it had to be since the sims 3 has now been "Replaced" and the only current users are the really die hard fans and creators. I am Planning to transfer some of my my lots from my custom world to this one. How many Lots will the world have in total when fully complete, sorta speak? (Like full released)

Thank you! Greymont Bay has been in production since before...Seasons came out, I believe. Sometime in 2012 is when I first started working on it. I'm just a super slow poke. Haha.

It will have 155 lots, total, including dive lots and tombs. There are 72 community lots, and 83 residential lots.

There will be at least 1 empty residential lot per sub-section neighborhood (you can see the map in this post). For example, Honicutt Court has 10 lots and will have 3 empty places since it's a good place for starters. And Edlenton Estates, which are legacy priced, will have 2 empty lots of the 5 for anyone who wants to follow pinstar's legacy rules. I think the only sub-section that does not have an empty lot is the trailer park. So there will be empty lots in the fully released version, though you can always bulldoze and add your own too!

Test Subject
#45 Old 31st May 2017 at 6:06 PM Last edited by ElectricGamers : 31st May 2017 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Making the text preetier and more professional
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Thank you! Greymont Bay has been in production since before...Seasons came out, I believe. Sometime in 2012 is when I first started working on it. I'm just a super slow poke. Haha.

It will have 155 lots, total, including dive lots and tombs. There are 72 community lots, and 83 residential lots.

There will be at least 1 empty residential lot per sub-section neighborhood (you can see the map in this post). For example, Honicutt Court has 10 lots and will have 3 empty places since it's a good place for starters. And Edlenton Estates, which are legacy priced, will have 2 empty lots of the 5 for anyone who wants to follow pinstar's legacy rules. I think the only sub-section that does not have an empty lot is the trailer park. So there will be empty lots in the fully released version, though you can always bulldoze and add your own too!

Thanks for your Reply!

I downloaded the public beta version (the empty one) and i began to transfer my lots but the problem for me is that a lot of those lots are too small... (15x15 and such)

Is there anyway the smaller lots could get larger? how can I do that?

This world is by far one of the most complete and geographically diversified out there but there's still this small lot issue...

I have around 123 lots. My smaller lots are 20x20, but those were designed by me and there are 7 of them. i think i wasted all the space that was left for those lots.

But my major problem is in fact the 20x30 worlds: You see, many EA lots are 20x30 and many user created worlds (such as the one i was playing in) have tons of those lots. My world had a whopping 41 20x30 lots! And since there are also some larger lots, i dunno what to do now. For example, In my opinion Honicutt Court has very small lots, since some of them are 15x20, 15x15, and so on.

I am refraining from using the ingame Edit world tool because it is kinda glitchy and sometimes has routing problems. But apart from that issue the whole atmosphere of the world is quite outstanding!!! Keep up the good work!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 31st May 2017 at 7:27 PM
Attached below are images of the 7 houses for Honicutt Court. In their present state, they're shown undecorated on the interiors. They're the first of the interiors I've received help with but I haven't had time to get them back in game to take the finished shots of the ones I have received back. Here are a couple examples in big form.

Also, @ElectricGamers, I don't plan on altering the sizes of the lots in Greymont Bay (though there are a couple changes from the initial beta). I did a count and here's what I have (though one seems to be missing, lol):

Residential Lot Sizes:
  • 15x15 - 4
  • 15x20 - 10
  • 15x25 - 3
  • 15x30 - 4 (4 water lots)
  • 20x20 - 5
  • 20x25 - 4
  • 20x30 - 4
  • 25x25 - 2
  • 25x30 - 2
  • 30x30 - 9 (1 sloped)
  • 30x35 - 4
  • 30x40 - 4 (2 water lots)
  • 35x40 - 1
  • 40x40 - 8
  • 40x50 - 6 (1 sloped)
  • 40x60 - 1
  • 40x64 - 1 (1 water lot)
  • 50x50 - 4 (3 sloped)
  • 60x60 - 2
  • 64x64 - 4
While there is a decent number of small sized lots, there's also a nice portion of larger lots as well. I tried to do a decent range of lot sizes to accomodate the different architectural styles I'll be building up. Very few of the community lots are below 20x30. I do understand not wanting to use the Edit World tool, but I can say that the roads, for the most part, are placed with the grid tool in CAW and most sections that have houses are built on straight sections of the road. If you delete the community lot in the middle of Honicutt Court, you should be able to fit a couple of 20x30 lots there without too much trouble if you really need them.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#47 Old 31st May 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Attached below are images of the 7 houses for Honicutt Court. In their present state, they're shown undecorated on the interiors. They're the first of the interiors I've received help with but I haven't had time to get them back in game to take the finished shots of the ones I have received back. Here are a couple examples in big form.

Also, @ElectricGamers, I don't plan on altering the sizes of the lots in Greymont Bay (though there are a couple changes from the initial beta). I did a count and here's what I have (though one seems to be missing, lol):

Residential Lot Sizes:
  • 15x15 - 4
  • 15x20 - 10
  • 15x25 - 3
  • 15x30 - 4 (4 water lots)
  • 20x20 - 5
  • 20x25 - 4
  • 20x30 - 4
  • 25x25 - 2
  • 25x30 - 2
  • 30x30 - 9 (1 sloped)
  • 30x35 - 4
  • 30x40 - 4 (2 water lots)
  • 35x40 - 1
  • 40x40 - 8
  • 40x50 - 6 (1 sloped)
  • 40x60 - 1
  • 40x64 - 1 (1 water lot)
  • 50x50 - 4 (3 sloped)
  • 60x60 - 2
  • 64x64 - 4
While there is a decent number of small sized lots, there's also a nice portion of larger lots as well. I tried to do a decent range of lot sizes to accomodate the different architectural styles I'll be building up. Very few of the community lots are below 20x30. I do understand not wanting to use the Edit World tool, but I can say that the roads, for the most part, are placed with the grid tool in CAW and most sections that have houses are built on straight sections of the road. If you delete the community lot in the middle of Honicutt Court, you should be able to fit a couple of 20x30 lots there without too much trouble if you really need them.

Great, those houses look neat, i might even replace the current houses i imported with those!
Theorist
#48 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 2:55 PM
Hi, Heaven. Love this 'love baby' of yours so much!

If you still need help decorating I can volunteer for that. Hopefully I will do this lovely world justice!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 10:29 AM
I'd also be happy to help with any decorating!
#50 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:28 AM
I like decorating. What all expansions does this go with? Thus far the only ones I see that are required are Island Paradise and Seasons but there are probably more, right?
Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Uploaded
Page 2 of 5