Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 9:31 PM
Default Changing time length on Cyjon's Semester Changes mod
So i found this great mod by Cyjon that has a university sims skip the first semester and has the second semester last only 48 hours. I downloaded it here:
http://www.cyjon.net/node/116

The problem is I am trying to have 1 day equal 1 year, so I need each second semester last only 24 hours and I can't seem to get it to work. I did successfully mod a mod that just changes the length in each semester by changing a number in a BCON file, but CJ's mod didn't have a BCON file, only BHAV files, so I moved the BCON file into his mod. In testing it appears to work, the sims do skip the first semester and it says they start out with 24 hours till the next, but hours go by and they don't actually get any closer to their exam. If you inspect them with the boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true, spawn semester tester, you can see they actually still do start out with the 48 hours.

I'd really appreciate any help with this..
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CJ-SemesterChanges - GreyMoon moded.rar (1.8 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:03 PM
Lines 0x27 to 0x2A of BHAV "Function - Next Semester" - all the stuff related to "My kEP1 - Time Left In Grading Period". It doesn't load the value from the BCON, but hard codes it and then adjusts it such that exams don't occur at night unless the Sim is a vampire

At a guess, you'll need to change the literal value 0x0039 on line 0x27 to 0x0021 (ie subtract 24 decimal from it)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GreyMoon
So i found this great mod by Cyjon that has a university sims skip the first semester and has the second semester last only 48 hours. I downloaded it here:
http://www.cyjon.net/node/116

The problem is I am trying to have 1 day equal 1 year, so I need each second semester last only 24 hours and I can't seem to get it to work. I did successfully mod a mod that just changes the length in each semester by changing a number in a BCON file, but CJ's mod didn't have a BCON file, only BHAV files, so I moved the BCON file into his mod. In testing it appears to work, the sims do skip the first semester and it says they start out with 24 hours till the next, but hours go by and they don't actually get any closer to their exam. If you inspect them with the boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true, spawn semester tester, you can see they actually still do start out with the 48 hours.

I'd really appreciate any help with this..

Did you have any luck with making this change. I'm like you, but the other way. I want the four semesters like CJ's mod allows us, but I want each semester to last 72 hours, so my sims can actually have a proper uni experience, get to be friends with professors if they choose, go on dates and still manage to get by and pass the finals.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Lines 0x27 to 0x2A of BHAV "Function - Next Semester" - all the stuff related to "My kEP1 - Time Left In Grading Period". It doesn't load the value from the BCON, but hard codes it and then adjusts it such that exams don't occur at night unless the Sim is a vampire

At a guess, you'll need to change the literal value 0x0039 on line 0x27 to 0x0021 (ie subtract 24 decimal from it)

Could you help me understand the BHAV entries only to the point where I could edit the number of days in the semester to 3 (72 hours) I've been looking for resources on this site and everywhere I can google, for the last month or so. I'm finding most, if not all my time is being taken by trying to understanding the BHAV on simPE.