Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhood terrains?
Hi everyone, I've had this issue since forever...
I'd like to make dirt/concrete terrains but they never work in neighborhood view only the street outline changes. but it never works fully
and the change terrain cheat doesn't work either

an example what I'm trying to make my hood look like

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:38 PM
Don't you have to replace one of the other textures for that? Damn, I've forgotten all about it.

Edit: or are you trying to do it via a cheat?
http://modthesims.info/t/217506
Read to the bottom because the first version of the cheat is incorrect. Options are: desert temperate dirt concrete

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:49 PM
Dirt and concrete are separate from each other ; as well as desert and lush (temperate).
You should be able within the game change it to just dirt, if you want. Concrete is a flat gray and blends more with the roads.
Off-topic , I have dirt roads enabled from a hack in my dirt hoods ... looks great !

" Inama Nushif "
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:52 PM
Okay just an update, I'm trying to set up a dirt hood now but once again all I see is a lush terrain with a maxis road and dirt edges
the land itself is still green grass!!
I know about the dirt roads and yes I was planning on finding one that replaces the roads in the dirt hoods ,but I wanted to fix the terrain issue first

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:29 AM
Hi I have problems with that too. Every time I make a sub neighbourhood, I choose concrete, but grass always shows up. Is there a way (code?) to change it, within the game, or is it only possible to do, before you make the hood? I want to build tall city buildings, but it feels wrong, to have them on grass.

Pardon me for poor writing skills!
English is not my native language.
I understand danish, english, norwegian and swedish.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:35 PM
If you check the post I linked to, it tells you exactly how to do that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc