Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#151 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:46 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 27th Aug 2017 at 11:24 AM.
Welcome to the group @tictachoe, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

I don't know much about Uploading, but I know that for whatever you upload, what is required will be all of the EPs and SPs that you have installed, unless you use AGS {AnyGameStarter} and AGS only works with disks. As for CC I think that depends on what you are including deliberately.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#152 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 5:42 AM
Thanks for responding for me, lordtyger9! Anyways, I second lordtyger9's extension of welcome to you tictachoe (I love the name ) I'll be looking out for the sim you are eventually uploading, and I certainly hope that you enjoy and benefit from this group!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#153 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 7:21 PM
Hey everyone! This response is directed especially toward @Emporer Crat since they created the group.

I was wondering if we could maybe have monthly or bi-monthy prompts to get everyone in the group involved with updating their gameplay threads.

For example a theme could be Show off your businesses where members focus on playing their sims businesses and then updating their threads with what happened in their hoods and the families that run them and the histories involved.

Or another theme could be: The best romances where members show pictures or write about their sim couples more in depth during the month with the theme.

Members could suggest and vote on themes on this thread or a new special one under the group and of course no one has to update their threads with the theme stuff, they could go right along doing what they've always done but then it would be fun going through and seeing how everyone handles their different businesses or romances or whatever theme is each month.

Another suggestion I have is to link members threads at the top of this welcome group so there's an index of sorts. I could go through and give you all the links in an already MTS format if that would be easier and you could update the top post to add it in.

Do you think that's a good idea or too much?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#154 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Wonderful, I anticipate that your depictions of instrumental ancient empires ought to be rather intriguing. I love the puns you incorporated into the empire names! I'll be keeping an eye out for your post !
Sorry I haven't posted here lately.

You'd like Simsylvania. FULL of puns.

Simberwolves.
Y. siM. C. A.
etc.

For me, making up my Sims names, and the puns are half the fun of playing.

It's taken me as long as a week to come up with the name for a Sim. I keep them on a list, so as not to forget.

I take naming Sims very seriously. After all, just like your own kids/pets/fungi/etc. They have to live with whatever name you give them!
Instructor
Original Poster
#155 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, Kunder!!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#156 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 8:01 AM
I like your ideas, @Charmful - I certainly hope Emperor Crat is working on things with you.
Field Researcher
#157 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 4:15 PM
Love the ideas of Charmful, I think is great to keep the group going and to challenge everyone of us to play more in our games...
Instructor
Original Poster
#158 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:16 PM
@Goldenbtrfly I most certainly will! I'm glad this group means so much to you guys

Check it out ;)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#159 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:28 PM
I'm still loving this group @Emperor Crat ! :lovestruc

I want everyone to know that I'm reading and enjoying your threads! I can't always think of a worthy comment to make, but rest assured I (and many others) are eagerly anticipating any updates!
#160 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:47 PM
I check this group several times a day though I can't ever seem to get into the playing mood anymore
Link Ninja
#161 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Charmful : 16th Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM.
@Emperor Crat

I messaged you awhile back about starting themes but didn't hear back so I hope everything is okay with you.

Since a few people showed interest, I think we should put up some themes to vote on. What kind of theme would people in the group be interested to post and see from other members??

I made a new thread HERE if you want to nominate or discuss.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#162 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:43 AM
Thank you for inviting me to your group. I hope i can contribute something of interest to the discussion. I've been a member of MTS for many years, but i've not posted much til recently. For one thing, i have a knack for pissing off petty moderators who retaliate by banning me from their sites. While rinky-dink sites don't matter, losing MTS would be awful! So i kept my posting to a minimum, until i found the "Hacks & CC you'd like to see" thread, because i'm ALWAYS coming up with ideas for the game, but I haven't the talent to create anything more advanced than recolors. But i dream big and have big ideas! ...just, typically, when I share them, people think i'm making a request or expect them to make my ideas reality, and that simply isn't the case. That's why i've enjoyed that particular thread so much.

As far as my game, i have a LOT more going on in my head than my hoods. I just got a teen sim perma-plat. He takes after his dad, Beau Broke, and is a highly successful Romance sim. His LTW was to have 20 loves at once. He's got 21 now, plus 3 crushes. I've never gotten a sim to perma-plat that early before. =)

I'm thinking of creating some t-shirts with an 80s retro theme. I dont really upload. I have ONE upload on MTS, and it's a recolor of my friend gdayars's toddler car. I made a Dale Earnhardt Jr option. Has nothing to do with an interest in NASCAR... I just love ZombieLand, and Woody Harrelson kept spray painting the #3 on every car they managed to take. haha.

I've been attempting (and failing miserably) to figure out CC lighting. I want to make a number of lights recolorable, so that they give off radiant and diffused light in various colors. It's not working out too well, but i'm gearing up to start again. The only thing i ever created when trying to mesh was a giant hovering pancake, that was about knee-high on a sim. It was supposed to be a shower, but it was just a beige disk. =( But i CAN recolor!

Also, i've been looking for a hair file that is a reverse of a base-game hair. No luck. I want to make mirror-imaged identical twins. Not working out. I'm also considering making tattoo overlays. that might be more my speed.

It's funny, i was looking for the University Greek Letters, when I noticed the invitation to this group in my inbox. It was almost like getting a pledge bid during rush. hahhaa... or at least what I imagine that to be like, since I never rushed a fraternity.

I could go on and on and on about the things i plan to do (and will probably never get around to!), but I'll save something for next time. Just wanted to say thanks for the invite and a little bit about myself. "Ambitious but Rubbish" -- that's my motto! SO... thanks for inviting me to your group!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Instructor
Original Poster
#163 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:53 AM
You're most welcome grinevilly, we are glad to have you here! I anticipate hearing more about your hood soon in the threads. I love the idea of 80's retro shirts, and I will most likely download them (If you get around to making them). Anyways, thanks for joining, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
#164 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:28 AM
Well, I just added a new "Simm-Dixie" to my "Smorgia" hood. Has absolutely everything in it! My sims seem to like it. Thinking of making it a privately owned business for some lucky Sim. I've been playing a little over two years, and just now starting to take advantage of "OFB".

Not only food, but appliances, Televisions, tools, hunting stuff, baby, and children's stuff, Pet stuff, jewelry and clothes. Just like a "Wal-Mart", but all made in 'SMerica!

The store takes up nearly all of the largest lot!
Top Secret Researcher
#165 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
Well, I just added a new "Simm-Dixie" to my "Smorgia" hood. Has absolutely everything in it! My sims seem to like it. Thinking of making it a privately owned business for some lucky Sim. I've been playing a little over two years, and just now starting to take advantage of "OFB".

Not only food, but appliances, Televisions, tools, hunting stuff, baby, and children's stuff, Pet stuff, jewelry and clothes. Just like a "Wal-Mart", but all made in 'SMerica!

The store takes up nearly all of the largest lot!

@Kunder

Simm-Dixie as in like Winn-Dixie yes? I have a Store that started out as Bluewater Village Mall and I added a floor and made it into a Sam's Club.

Anyway, you should have a Sim that you like, and one that has enough money of course, buy it and then work on running it. I really love the OFB features of the game and hopefully you will like it too

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#166 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@Kunder

Simm-Dixie as in like Winn-Dixie yes? I have a Store that started out as Bluewater Village Mall and I added a floor and made it into a Sam's Club.

Anyway, you should have a Sim that you like, and one that has enough money of course, buy it and then work on running it. I really love the OFB features of the game and hopefully you will like it too
@lordtyger9

Just like Winn-Dixie. Thinking of having The Gilbert's own it. Somehow, with the inventing of something at work (didn't catch the info card), Artiss Gilbert, ended up (without cheats!) with 7,000,000 simoleons! I'll probably have him and his family run it.

Right now, I'm experimenting with "Electronics 'N' Rugs", with Chester Gieke. Seem to be working really well. Chester is very good at running a business!

If he continues to be successful, I'll start on the Gilberts.
Top Secret Researcher
#167 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
@lordtyger9

Just like Winn-Dixie. Thinking of having The Gilbert's own it. Somehow, with the inventing of something at work (didn't catch the info card), Artiss Gilbert, ended up (without cheats!) with 7,000,000 simoleons! I'll probably have him and his family run it.

Right now, I'm experimenting with "Electronics 'N' Rugs", with Chester Gieke. Seem to be working really well. Chester is very good at running a business!

If he continues to be successful, I'll start on the Gilberts.

@Kunder Sounds Great, go for it.

Page 7 of 7