Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 16th Aug 2017 at 10:50 AM.
Default Wave Pool Surf Lot - Lot(s) of Issues - Testers Welcome!
Hi,
(and apologies, if this thread does not apply to the standards - I read them a little late - and/or if the pics are too revealing - my Test Sims only wear standard Eaxis bathing suits, I hope that's okay... )

So I once watched a Surfing video from the PS2 Sim Game and thought: I wish there was a Surfing Machine like this in the real Sims 2 game...

Of course, the Surf Mod by maybesomethingdunno is already a great mod, but I really, really wanted to have a way to surf in a hood that does not have proper beaches...

- Also, I don't know ยง$%&/ about modding, so creating a new mod was out of the question, so I needed to work with what I had...

- long story short: Here is my attempt at a Wave Pool Surf Lot,

where you can buy your Surfboards and test them immediately too!

How to:

Placing Beach Portals and Wave Effects:

Surfing:

Swimming:

Issues (LOTS OF):

Now, I don't think, any of these Issues can be fixed, but would be grateful if somebody has an Idea how to resolve it...

REQUIREMENTS: For the Wave Pools to work, you'll need:

- Beach Portals for normal Lots by IngeJones
- "Surf's Up!" - New surfing interaction and set by maybesomethingdunno

The Surf Mod contains an NPC File - NPC files can corrupt your Neighborhood if you uninstall them! To avoid corruption, keep the NPC File when uninstalling the Mod!

Optional (for advancing or changing the wave pool):

- Portal Revealer by IngeJones

The Portal Revealer will conflict with the surfing interaction if placed on the lot before or while performing the interaction! Please remove first!
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Wave Pool Surf Lot.7z (221.8 KB, 38 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Small Wave Pool with Surf Board Shop and Recreation area (2x3, 1 Wave Object for 1 Surfer, No CC included)
File Type: 7z  Big Wave Pool Surf Lot.7z (291.3 KB, 33 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Experimental: Big Wave Pool Lot for 8 Surfers at once, unfortunately lots of Issues (6x5, 8 Wave Objects for 8 Surfers, No CC included)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 3:48 PM
Are you planning to upload this? It's a neat idea but what you've got here looks more like a tutorial at the moment. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - I think we'd be pleased to see that in the tutorials section.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 4:00 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 13th Aug 2017 at 4:14 PM.
Oh okay - I wasn't sure where to post it for feedback due to the issues it has. Could it be moved then?
(and yes, I had the idea, which would make this my first upload, but I'm afraid its too messy to be accepted...)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 1:40 PM
Well, if you're planning to tidy it up for upload, this is the right place for it. Can I suggest you get some feedback here for your upload and then later post a tutorial outlining your technique?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:03 PM
Also just a heads up on the surfing mod, it contains an NPC so any upload you do should link to it and I think it's nice to add a warning. Nothing wrong with npc containing mods, only if you pull them you will corrupt your hoods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 8:52 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 14th Aug 2017 at 9:03 PM.
Thank you for the Feedback! I have removed the CC from the Download completely, linked to the required CC in the description and added a warning . Question: for Multiple PT- or Plantsim Mods, I heard it wont lead to (more) corruption, if you remove the mod but keep the NPC File in your Download folder. Is that the same for other mods using NPC's like this one? Just so I could add this to the warning? Or is it different?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 12:27 AM
Yes, it's the same procedure.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 10:47 AM Last edited by Little Nemo : 16th Aug 2017 at 11:10 AM.
Thank you again - Updated the warning for that. Also uploaded a newer version of the lots, as my old Lot only came with flaws - Pool too shallow (13 instead of 16 ticks down), Non-Beach Portals need to be free (modular stairs moved forward, Normal Beach Portals need to be placed as well, so cheering surfers don't clutter around the same area... etc.

Advanced the Big Wave Pool - and apparently my idea to allow 8 surfers at once when even the biggest normal beach only allows 6, results in the general problem of jumpbugs with the NPC surfboard multiplying...

Working on a tutorial as well, but have to redo it because of the failures in my original design....

Also: finally realized, that preview pics for the floor plan etc. would be good for an upload.... slow learner - sorry....