Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 12:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Could having too much custom content be the reason my game won't load travel destinations and university?
So, I recently just downloaded University (a little late, I know), and I created a new save game to make a couple of sims and send them off to college. I chose a random town which happened to be Appaloosa plains, and upon entering the loading screen to go to university it stopped right before hitting 100%. I waited for a long time but nothing ever happened. Now this happens a lot. If I want to begin a new save (or enter an old one), I have to restart my game to get it to load completely. It always loads at least one save, whether it be a new game or a current household. I took out my mods folder and then told the game to run without custom content. And university loaded pretty quickly.

What I'm getting at is, is having to much custom content causing my game to not be able to load more than one world at a time? I have over 1,000 package files, and only some of it is combined. I also have Delphy's Dashboard to make sure I have no bad cc, so I currently have no problems with that. I'm combining more of my files right now and I'm going to test it with just the combined packages to see if the problem was too much cc. It'd be nice if I could get some insight, though.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:52 AM
If what you are trying to do (aside from travel, yes use NRaas Traveler as the wise man said) is exit one saved ongoing game and begin or load up another one by using the Main Menu rather than quitting the game program entirely, I wouldn't recommend that. TS3 does a horrible job of clearing out RAM in between games loaded up like that and you can end up with the contents/sims of one world superimposed onto another -- which can then cause all kinds of weirdness and corruption.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angiemarie
What I'm getting at is, is having to much custom content causing my game to not be able to load more than one world at a time? I have over 1,000 package files, and only some of it is combined. I also have Delphy's Dashboard to make sure I have no bad cc, so I currently have no problems with that. I'm combining more of my files right now and I'm going to test it with just the combined packages to see if the problem was too much cc. It'd be nice if I could get some insight, though.

I remember the time when my daughter always asked me to download so many custom hair and clothing for her game, especially when new mod stuff that my daughter likes became available, and I got tons of these my daughter asked me, and both in sims3pack format and mod package file format.

At first I thought, just check the mod *.package file with Delphy's Dashboard and merged them when all are free from errors, put them in Mods folder and then just install the sims3pack files through TS3 launcher and I thought.. that's it.. and it's time to play. And so.. that's also the very beginning I was having loading time problem like in your case now (whether when I was attempting to travel to vacation world or load saved game or even starts a new game).

So after learning and understanding more about TS3 and how its CCs/Mods works in general, I decided to convert all my sims3pack for my CCs and/or store content files to *.package files format, so then I would have two package files folders, one from sims3pack and one I originally downloaded in mod format (or *.package format). So I put these two folders in one big folder and have Delphy's Dashboard scanned them, and I found many of them conflicting and/or duplicating one another.

The problem is Delphy's Dashboard only tells the user what's the problem between the files, and if I choose for Deplhy's Dashboard to fix them, it will only delete or remove one of the files that conflicting/duplicating, without knowing which one (type of file inside the package file) is newer or better to keep and how its affecting one to another, the only possible way to know is with the help of S3PE, open them side by side so we can see what's inside the package file, and sort them up manually, and I even merged the two that originally conflicting/duplicating after the conflicts being removed, so nothing is missing except removing the conflicts.

So basically that's what I did in fixing them, I used Delphy's Dashboard to check and then used S3PE to fix them, in my opinion this is more handy in terms of results although it took more time to get all them done, especially when it comes to downloading custom lot that requires some CCs and/or Store Content and/or Mods, but it pays off eventually, the loading time in general is more reasonable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
use nraas traveler.

I did, and also cleaned out a lot of possible problem cc and now the loading for everything is a lot faster. Nraas mods have saved my life, they're all so great.