Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 8:42 PM
Default SimPE problem with Build DXT function
I just installed BV & FT and have updated SimPE to latest version (0.72)

The BUILD DXT option is now greyed out, although it previously was available and working.

I updated with the latest version of the NVIDIA texture tools from here:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/texture_tools.html
but the option is still greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 8:58 PM
Extracts from 2 posts

You install the DDS utilities like any other program; if you don't change the installation path, it will be installed in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA DDS Utilities. Into this folder, you should find a file named "nvdxt.exe" (if you can't find it, then reinstall the DDS utilities).

Once you are sure that the file "nvdxt.exe" is where it should be, open SimPE and go to Extra / Preferences / system Folders. Click the "Browse" button, and browse to "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA DDS Utilities"; you should see the file "nvdxt.exe". Click once on the file nvdxt.exe, and then click the "Open" button (or double-click on the file nvdxt.exe, which is the same): you should go back to the preference window, and you should NOT see any more the message "DDS utilities not found".

or

you need directx9
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/

thanks SimSample and ~Dee~

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Once you are sure that the file "nvdxt.exe" is where it should be, open SimPE and go to Extra / Preferences / system Folders. Click the "Browse" button, and browse to "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA DDS Utilities"; you should see the file "nvdxt.exe". Click once on the file nvdxt.exe, and then click the "Open" button (or double-click on the file nvdxt.exe, which is the same): you should go back to the preference window, and you should NOT see any more the message "DDS utilities not found".

Thank you!

All now works as expected.

Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:12 PM
I've installed NVIDIA texture tools a milion times over and over and the DXT function still won't show up. The first time I recolored it lit up after that it won't light up anymore. That darn nvdxt.exe file was there before and now even withall that redownloading it still won't install with rest of the file. Needless to say I'm on fire here.Is there anyone with this problem as well???
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blu
I've installed NVIDIA texture tools a milion times over and over and the DXT function still won't show up. The first time I recolored it lit up after that it won't light up anymore. That darn nvdxt.exe file was there before and now even withall that redownloading it still won't install with rest of the file. Needless to say I'm on fire here.Is there anyone with this problem as well???

I suppose you did enable it in Simpe's preferences(options)?
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:14 PM
Default Thank you!
I got it! After reading your post, I went to check to see if I did have it enabled. I ended up downloading it again through SimPe, then browsed for the file. I guess the path wasn't right. Thank you for your response BloomsBase. Much appreciated.