Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 11:39 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Aug 2019 at 2:43 PM.
Default Rebecah's adult playable dollhouse
Rebecah has a dollhouse which is enabled for adults to play with, but it's a cloned(?) object since it adds another dollhouse to the game, not editing the original one. I'm just wondering wether it's possible to make her changes apply the original dollhouse? If so, how exactly would I do it? Is Echo's tutorial accurate for this? :^)

Edit: maybe this is in the wrong forum? If so, I apologize!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 12:02 PM
You want to use the repository technique so it picks up maxis/cc recolors if it's cloned. http://hugelunatic.com/?p=603

EDIT: Should have finished coffee first.

I'll have to search out for a tutorial, but otherwise I would try to edit the original dollhouse's TTAB and tick the boxes for adults. Since the game has animations, it might be all she edited.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You want to use the repository technique so it picks up maxis/cc recolors if it's cloned. http://hugelunatic.com/?p=603

EDIT: Should have finished coffee first.

I'll have to search out for a tutorial, but otherwise I would try to edit the original dollhouse's TTAB and tick the boxes for adults. Since the game has animations, it might be all she edited.

I got to try that! Where exactly would I find the dollhouse's TTAB though?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 1:02 PM
The TTAB is the Pie Menu Functions. To get the original clone, the dollhouse in SimPE with all the boxes unchecked in object workshop. Then find that resource, right click, extract. Open new document in simpe, right click, then add. Make changes, commit and save, put in game folders to test.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 1:10 PM
The TTAB is the Pie Menu Functions. To get the original clone, the dollhouse in SimPE with all the boxes unchecked in object workshop. Then find that resource, right click, extract. Open new document in simpe, right click, then add. Make changes, commit and save, put in game folders to test.

Weird! I did that before when I compared Rebecah's dollhouse and EA's one, but I didn't get any TTAB. I did it again just in case I did something wrong before, but I still don't get any TTAB? :-(
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#6 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 2:00 PM
I'm not sure where the pie menus are or why they didn't include, but this happens. I would try exporting the ones from rebecca's, both the TTAB's and the TTA's, then after importing into a new file in simpe, change the group to the one used by the dollhouse BHAVs. 0x7FABAE0A This should override the game ones, where ever they are.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 2:01 PM
I'm not sure where the pie menus are or why they didn't include, but this happens. I would try exporting the ones from rebecca's, both the TTAB's and the TTA's, then after importing into a new file in simpe, change the group to the one used by the dollhouse BHAVs. 0x7FABAE0A This should override the game ones, where ever they are.

Thank you! I'll try that.

Edit: he-he.. Where do I update the BHAVs in the TTAB and TTA?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#8 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 2:35 PM
I don't think you will need to edit the BHAVs, just use the group number. Select the resource, then choose the Resource window, then change Group. My windows are on the bottom of simpe.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 2:40 PM
I don't think you will need to edit the BHAVs, just use the group number. Select the resource, then choose the Resource window, then change Group. My windows are on the bottom of simpe.

Ahh okay okay now I got it :-D thank you!

Edit: it worked like a charm, thank you so much for helping me!