Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:35 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 10th Oct 2014 at 2:28 AM.
Default help me test my pregnancy mod?
i recently changed a value in an XML and i want people who are interested to help me test. the default percentage that a sim will have twin or triplet babies is pretty much 33.3% or so and i changed this value to 0. i can also change it to just a lesser value like 10% so your sims will still have twins and triplets, just not as often. i much prefer having one baby at a time, and in ts3 and ts2 my sims basically never had twins or triplets and i prefer it this way. so please help me test this, 0% change of twins and triplets mods. thank you.

updated file with changed multiplier
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CF_ no twin babies test.zip (1.3 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:24 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 9th Oct 2014 at 9:34 PM.
Is this the same file as the one you posted in Modding Discussion?

Not sure if you've seen my edit there, but that one looked like what you have set to zero is "The chance that each subsequent offspring of a multiple birth has the same genetics as the first offspring" and not the actual multiplier for making twins/triplets. That would be the base_value in multipliers from the looks of it .. or just add a 0 multiplier in there.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:25 AM
ohh okay, so i'm going to edit the multiplier also. i tested this twice and my sim didn't have twins, but i think a minimum of three times is required for testing since the chance is set to 33%. and yeah it's the same file. thank you for the help.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:33 PM
I'm interested in this mod and will gladly test because I am tired of having twins too. I like single births, some of my households are too small and my sims don't really have the money or space to accommodate. I was going to try to mod my game on this once I found out where to look for the multiplier. Post when you change the mod.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 1:47 AM
thank you lewisb and i found the multiplier so i'm going to test out some values and see if i can make a version with less of a chance too, in case people still want twins or triplets in their game. just not as often :p

i'm looking at this

Quote:
<TunableList name="MULTIPLE_OFFSPRING_CHANCES" class="TunableList" display="Multiple Offspring Chances" filter="0" group="General" description="A list defining the probabilities of multiple births.">
<TunableTuple class="TunableTuple" filter="0" group="General">
<TunableTuple name="modifiers" class="TunableTunableMultiplier" display="Modifiers" filter="0" group="General" description="A tunable list of test sets and associated multipliers to apply to &#xA;the total chance of this number of potential offspring.">
<TunableList name="multipliers" class="TunableList" display="Multipliers" filter="0" group="General" description="A list of multipliers to apply to base_value.">

in the .tdesc from the maxis custom content documentation, and basically i'm trying to find that 'base value'. i'm only finding the multiplier section.

Quote:
<L n="MULTIPLE_OFFSPRING_CHANCES">
<U>
<U n="modifiers">
<L n="multipliers">
<U>
<T n="multiplier">0</T>
<L n="tests">
<L>
<V t="trait">
<U n="trait">
<L n="whitelist_traits">
<T>26498</T>
</L>
</U>
</V>
</L>
</L>
</U>
</L>
</U>

and i've set the multiplier to 0. the default multiplier is 0.4382
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 1:03 AM
This is all way over my head (cue whooshing sound), but I love the idea of a reduced chance version. I don't mind multiples being born in my game, but the chances seem too high for my tastes right now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 7:06 AM
thank you for expressing your interest hopefully i will figure this out soon
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 4:32 PM
I am going to watch how it works out for you. The .tdesc is tough for me, still trying to get my head around it but it looks like you got what to look for and I wish you all the success to complete the mod. I will wait.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.