Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 2:11 PM Last edited by simalary44 : 19th Jan 2015 at 2:18 PM. Reason: Fixed Image
Default CAS Files - THUM File Type?
Hi guys, I have a few questions for CC/CAS, specifically the THUM file types.

What are the file types - their definitions, like what are they for? I know THUM 0x3C1AF1F2 is for clothing thumbnails, but what are the MILLIONS of other ones? I tried to look on Google to search but only about 3/4 show up on the websites for packed file types. And those don't have definitions. [Only 'Thumbnail', or 'Used as a thumbnail in CAS' or something.]

Also, I've already tried making a custom thumbnail:

The Plumbob in the corner is my icon for my creations. I used the file type THUM 0x3C1AF1F2, using 0x00000102 as the group for male models (the reference Sim in the thumbnails) and 0x00000002 for the female model type. I also set the instance the same as the CASP file I want it to show. And it works!

My second question is, with the other THUM 0x00000000 types, will the process be the same as the clothing thumbnails? Like for the hair thumbnails, the makeup, and such?

Thank you in advance!

Also, if you want to see the custom thumbnails, they're on my Rainbow Male Sweatshirt Recolor. (14 Colors)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Rainbow SweatShirts.zip (3.05 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:21 PM
I've used the THUM 0x3C1AF1F2 resource for all of my custom thumbnails for all the CAS items I've made. I've used it for glasses, hairs, accessories, clothes, and shoes. So I'm guessing the THUM 0x3C1AF1F2 is for CAS, and that the others may be for objects or other non-CAS stuff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
I've used the THUM 0x3C1AF1F2 resource for all of my custom thumbnails for all the CAS items I've made. I've used it for glasses, hairs, accessories, clothes, and shoes. So I'm guessing the THUM 0x3C1AF1F2 is for CAS, and that the others may be for objects or other non-CAS stuff.

Ok, thanks, I'll try it out. Because there are about 30 other THUM resources, and I wonder what they are. So I guess the game renders the 0x3C1AF1F2 resource as the mesh is located? Interesting, thanks again.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:43 PM Last edited by simalary44 : 19th Jan 2015 at 3:45 PM. Reason: Group Information
I found some more THUM resources for CAS

0x3C1AF1F2 - CAS Items - Clothing/Glasses/Etc
0x9C925813 - CAS Face Types
0x5B282D45 - CAS Face Parts - Lips/Noses/Etc
0xCD9DE247 - CAS Styled Outfites

I don't know if these can be helpful but they're here

Also, I don't know if for some of the the Group type doesn't count, because I see that male and female face types have the same group information.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.