Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Pack doesn't ask for key before installation
Hey Guys,
If I'm installing a sims 3 expansion pack from disc and it doesn't ask for the key, does that mean it hasn't been properly removed before? I want a clean reinstall, but I honestly don't know what I could possibly have forgotten! I used the Absolute Uninstaller and cleaned up the registry myself! Do you know where this 'serial key information' is usually stored?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:09 PM
The keys from prior installs are hiding in a different even more obscure registry location, so this is very commonly reported when doing a reinstall. It's not harmful, nothing else besides the game and pack keys are stored there. I don't recall the exact location and am on a Steam install now, so on my machine it would likely all be different.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The keys from prior installs are hiding in a different even more obscure registry location, so this is very commonly reported when doing a reinstall. It's not harmful, nothing else besides the game and pack keys are stored there. I don't recall the exact location and am on a Steam install now, so on my machine it would likely all be different.

Thank you for your answer, igazor. After reading it I spent some time googleing and found out where they are hiding! It worked, the game now asks for the key as it should!