Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 5:21 PM
Default TS1 Stupid/Random Questions
Every other forum has a quick Q&A thread, but unless I missed it, there isn't one for TS1! So, here you go! This thread is (hopefully) the place for quick questions about the game that don't really need their own thread, just like the similar threads for the other games.

So, to start off, here's my question- will EVERY beanstalk in MM eventually grow high enough to climb up to Lot 99? Or is it a feature of only a few of them?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 8:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it's every one, but according to the Wikea article - it has to reach the correct height.
Quote:
Justa Beanstalk
The beanstalk begins as a short plant, with each segment counting as a separate growth. If the beanstalk has 17 segments, it can be climbed to access a secret lot in the clouds. However, beanstalks have a pre-determined growth limit, meaning that some beanstalks will never grow to maximum height. Beanstalks on Magic Town lots are not climbable.
Are you growing one now?

Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Every other forum has a quick Q&A thread, but unless I missed it, there isn't one for TS1! So, here you go! This thread is (hopefully) the place for quick questions about the game that don't really need their own thread, just like the similar threads for the other games.
Good idea!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 11:42 PM
Nope, some beanstalks will never reach full height. It was the source of much anguish back in the day...you have no idea!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 7:25 PM
What are the requirements for a Superstar Sim to earn the Sim's Choice award?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:21 PM
What causes flies to appear on a lot (the freely moving kind, not the kind hovering over plates that have been left out too long)? My family in the Creepy Hollow mansion keeps having flies appear on the upper floor for no reason I can fathom, despite keeping the lot clean as a whistle...

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:23 PM
Do you have someone in the house who let their hygiene drop? I noticed that when I play Sims 1 version of Sim Sample (the sloppiest sim in the simuniverse) he always has random flies around the house, even though the only dirty thing that's been there is him. He has a servo to clean up everything else.
ETA: No jokes comparing SS to excrement please, he's heard them all before!