Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 7:52 PM
Thanks for all suggestions!
I first understood there was another way to build the garage with a foundation, and I could not imagine how that would be possible.
It seems that is not the case. These variants I already know.
If I should get a result, which I like myself, I will upload pictures, otherwise not.
Probably I will try to get it from time to time. But I also want to do other things again.
Currently, my result seems boring to me, so I would not bother anyone with it.
I wait to get an idea that makes the house special.
Maybe after a time I think different about it and find it quite ok or I get that idea.
Probably I need some distance. I'm sorry that I bothered so many people with it.
And please do not think that I am sulky, because the house was criticized and therefore do not want to upload it.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:26 PM
That's what this section is for; aking for advice and improve the creation for uploading.
We check here to see if we can help anyone, so no one has been bothered.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#28 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 6:43 PM
Thanks for this comment. I'm not ready yet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:14 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 9th Apr 2017 at 11:31 PM.
Now I have a new problem with another house, I think I could use this thread for it.
I tried a remake of Tara Kat's home, but changes are requested. I thought, I did the requestet changes, but the request was repeated in almost the same wording. It seems that my doing was not helpful. Two things are requested.

(1) First is: "Clean the house of sim refs (you need to do the SimPE part as well) and explain how you cleaned it."
I thought, I did it with clean installer, don't know, what to do with SimPE in this case. I followed the tutorial http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=190652, I do not find anything here about Simpe.
I did so, because in the first request was written:
"This house originally had a family living in it. How did you remove the family please? Did you use Simsample's tutorial http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=190652 or did you clean it in SimPe? (Open the house SimPe, remove all things saying Sim). You should mention in your description that you have cleaned the house of sim references as well please. " I understood, I should do the first or the second.
Now I think I have to do both, but how can I open a sims2Pack in Simpe? Or should I first open the house in Lots, maybe this could be meant, But what is to delete? Sim Information, Sim Relationships, Sim Scores, Family tree? Is that all?

(2) The second thing could be more difficult, because it is also a question of taste, maybe. "Redo the roof". The reason is that it does not look very realistic.
I redid it, but it seem's it is not better now. Because of this, I will give you some pictures of the remakes.

Original house:

First remake:

Second remake:

The following I could also imagine, but if this will be more accepted?

First it was my goal, to make the space in the second floor accessible, and nothing to change on the shape of the house, because I like its architectonic madness.
Now I would like at least to preserve the character of this house.

Also the following I have tried:
(On the "tower" I could use one of the above roof variants too)

I don't like this very much, because it is getting farther away from my original goal.
But if this is more acceptable, I would do it.

Does anyone have any ideas to these problems?

Regards Gabi
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#30 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 11:46 PM
I think the roof versions shown in images 14 and 15 look much better

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 11:56 PM
Hi, I was asked to come give you some help with lot cleaning.

What I do is open the lot in simpe. So open SimPE and go up to Tools >package Tools> Open sims2 pack. Having the pack on the desktop makes it easy. That will open a window, just click open.

Look to the list on the left and scroll it down. You will see things such as sims scores, sim relations etc. Click on each one in turn and highlight all of them over in the right column. I click in the blank space and do CTL A to highlight them all. Then I right click the highlighted part and select delete. You will see all those files now has a line through them like this Once they are all done go up to save, you will only have Save As, as an option.

Go to your desktop and you will find that SimPE file that you just saved with whatever name you saved it as. That is your new clean lot.

What I do next is go to documents, the sims 2. In there you will find the Lot catalog. Now there is probably more than one way to do this. I simply make a new folder and put all those lot files into it. Then I grab that cleaned lot file, paste it in the lot catalog folder so its the only one and rename it cx_00000001.package
Run your game and go to the new test hood. If you have lots of cc, it's best to not only have a test hood but also a test game. It's very easy to rename your sims 2 folder and force the game to make you another. Because there is no cc in the new one it will load super fast. So in your test game open that test hood and you should find its the only lot in the lot bin. When you grab it you will see it has some ridiculous low price tag, that is your nod that the lot is now cleaned. Now don't worry everything is still there and once you place the lot its price will show up like it should.

Now that you have your cleaned lot placed down, load it up and move one thing. Could be a chair, then place it back. Now save and go to hood view. Your lot is now cleaned and ready to be packaged.

I hope that helps and everything is clear.

PS. You will never get rid of everything sim related, even a blank unplayed lot has some, but these are different however from the amount and type you get when sims have lived in a place.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:31 AM
Just so you know gabilei, cleaning the lot of sim references is not the same as cleaning the lot with Clean Installer. If you have sims living on the lot and then move them out, they leave behind a lot of junk information (that stuff Jo is telling you to delete). Ideally, if you are building for upload, you need to test the lot with a COPY of the lot not with the version you are going to upload. We have to reject lots that have been lived in (unless cleaned) because that junk data can corrupt other people's games when they install the lot. Even then you're required to let people know you are uploading a cleaned lot rather than one that has never been lived in.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#33 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:12 AM
Have you considered putting a cone or dome roof on the tower?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Look to the list on the left and scroll it down. You will see things such as sims scores, sim relations etc. Click on each one in turn and highlight all of them over in the right column. I click in the blank space and do CTL A to highlight them all. Then I right click the highlighted part and select delete. You will see all those files now has a line through them like this Once they are all done go up to save, you will only have Save As, as an option.

Thank you!
Have I to delete the family tree too? It seems to be empty.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:29 AM Last edited by gabilei123 : 10th Apr 2017 at 6:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Have you considered putting a cone or dome roof on the tower?

Yes, I tried, but this looks not good on this house in my opinion, because the tower is more oval, and these roofs are round.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#36 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 9:02 AM
How about a flat roof with an edging around?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:15 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 11th Apr 2017 at 4:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine

Thanks for the suggestion. If I understand you correctly, you mean something like this:

I think that would change its "style" very much. And I would get the following problem inside the house:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:22 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 11th Apr 2017 at 4:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Just so you know gabilei, cleaning the lot of sim references is not the same as cleaning the lot with Clean Installer. If you have sims living on the lot and then move them out, they leave behind a lot of junk information (that stuff Jo is telling you to delete). Ideally, if you are building for upload, you need to test the lot with a COPY of the lot not with the version you are going to upload. We have to reject lots that have been lived in (unless cleaned) because that junk data can corrupt other people's games when they install the lot. Even then you're required to let people know you are uploading a cleaned lot rather than one that has never been lived in.

I can understand it, but I did not know this, before I uploaded this lot. And then, I did not understand, that are two things to do, cleaning with SimPE and to use the Clean Installer in the right way. I hope that I understood it now. When I have done it, I will explain here, what I did, and what I would write in my upload, before I will upload it again, to ensure, that I have done right.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:05 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 11th Apr 2017 at 5:53 AM.
What would you think about this?

I have now built more roofs:

However, at the moment I like the first roof in this post most.
Instructor
#40 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:48 PM Last edited by whoward69 : 17th May 2017 at 9:07 AM.
I like the second one - the way the three roof triangles mirror the curtains in the ground floor just makes me smile. But then, I would have responded to "... does not look very realistic" with "Seriously? In a game that includes aliens, vampires, zombies, werewolves, witches and plantsims, you're worried about realism of a roofline!"

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:07 AM Last edited by gabilei123 : 12th Apr 2017 at 1:17 PM.
I wish everyone here in the forum happy Easter, and thanks for all the help.
I am now a few days away. But maybe I can go to the Internet during my absence.
When I get back, I have to finally decide for a roof, and I hope, that I choose one, which will be acceptable.

Gabi

EDIT:

Before I really leave, I want to show you a further somewhat funny version of the roof, looks a little bit like a bat.

Then I have cleaned the lot with the first roof in post #39 . I could change the roof if it should be necessary, but I wanted to try the cleaning process, and now I want to describe it.

First I exported the lot from the game into the folder PackagedLots. The I opened the Sim2Pack with SimPE using the Package Tool. I removed all Entries which had names beginning with Sim and additionally the family tree. Then I saved it outfrom SimPE as cx_00000001.package.
I putted the files, which I found in the LotCatalog, to another place outside of the Sims2-folder. Then I did my saved cx_00000001.package into the LotCatalog and started the game.

In the list of houses I found it, and I sat it into my test neighborhood. I entered the lot in the build mode and saved it. After this the price was displayed correctly. Than I exported the saved lot again and the so-got Sims2Pack I installed in the in http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=190652 descriped way, using the "Select lot file only" button. The new installed lot I exported again, and this is the result, which I would upload, if this process should be ok so.

Should I explain it in the upload so detailed too?

Thanks for helping me again!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#42 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:10 PM
Sounds good - let Jo (@joandsarah77) check it since she's had more experience of this sort of thing than me. I should just say on the upload thread that you have cleaned the lot of sim references with SimPE.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:37 AM
Your lot cleaning description is all correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lorraine

Thanks for the suggestion. If I understand you correctly, you mean something like this:

No that's not what Karen means, she means a short garden fence around the edge of it. Take a look at my lot: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=525589 Front shot far right. Lacy type of low black metal fence.

I liked how you had the roof earlier. Same ones that Karen liked.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Your lot cleaning description is all correct.
No that's not what Karen means, she means a short garden fence around the edge of it. Take a look at my lot: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=525589 Front shot far right. Lacy type of low black metal fence.

I liked how you had the roof earlier. Same ones that Karen liked.

Ok, I could choose a garden fence too, but this would not solve the problem inside the house, shown in the second picture in #37, which i would get, if i did so. By the way, your lot looks very nice.
But would you please so kind, to check my explanation in #41?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:34 AM
I already read over you explanation. I said it all looks correct in my post above.

Sims 2 roofs do that. Does it show with the roof turned off? I'm thinking it doesn't, in which case don't worry about it.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:52 AM Last edited by gabilei123 : 13th Apr 2017 at 2:36 PM.
Sorry, I havn't seen it.
The roofparts are not visible with roof turned off, but the Sims cannot pass trough the door.
But that they can, if I set a roof on the tower, which will let vanish the roofparts.
So I think I have not so much possibilities for the tower roof, if I don't want to build a completly different house, which was not my intention.
I prefer now the first roof in #39. Would you think, this would be ok?
Page 2 of 2