Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:16 AM
Default can't edit family members?
I have a household of six young adults, and two of them are brother and sister. I just recently made their parents (adults), and added them to the household, but I can't edit the relationships properly. I can go to the father and make them his children, but then it greys out the mother, who is the father's wife. so I go to the children, and it says he's their father, but if I change her to mother, it changes him from father to roommate, and vise versa. this is in cas.fulleditmode and everything! I even tried making the parents elders, same problem! WHY?
Advertisement
Banned
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:32 AM
no one knows?
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:07 AM
That actually had happened to me before. I had two twin brothers, who was living with some other sims. I decided to make their real parents, so I added them to the parents household, but I could only have either the father or the mother, and not both. basically the same problem with you lol. xD

I actually don't know why this happens, but apparently for me it says that I can't edit the current household. Hopefully we both finally get an answer as to why this happens, it's quite weird.

(Hope you get an answer, because my topic hasn't got an answer at all. xD)
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:48 PM
I just found this, I didn't test it yet but I hope it helps:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...e-relationships
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimzQbic
I just found this, I didn't test it yet but I hope it helps:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...e-relationships

looks like it's only temporary though
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
looks like it's only temporary though

And the good news is: No, it isn't! :D
Maybe it was in an older version, but not in the most recent ones. I tried it and, after a (quick, but I don't think it matters) travel, the changes are still there.

My problem was a young adult Sim who leaved his parents' home to get married and... had no parents any more. Everything runs fine again.
Of course, since I don't know why it happened, I can't promise it will work for you. I think you shoud give it a try, make saves with a different filename after each change plus before and after have travelling, then see if it's ok.