Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 8:32 AM
Baby Daddy Won't Leave!
My sim had her neighbor's baby and now he won't leave her apartment. I never intended them to be in a relationship, they've never been in one at all. I thought I could solve the problem by moving my sim and her baby to another building, but he still comes over. I thought locking my door to all but household would work (Did I mention he doesn't even knock he just walks on in?) but then he just stands in the hall and complains that he can't use my bathroom. I've asked him to leave but he comes back a couple sim hours later. I asked to "just be friends" to remove our romantic entanglement and revoked the apartment key I'd given him. I've uninstalled all my Mods and CC but he still comes. The only thing I haven't tried is being rude to him till he hates my sim. I don't want to delete him because I kinda want him to continue to be on the family tree but it seems it'll be the only way, he comes in and uses my stuff and bothers my toddler and sleeps in my bed! I want him gone!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:24 AM
I guess you gave him key to your apartament? Just take it from him.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
I guess you gave him key to your apartament? Just take it from him.
I've already revoked his key.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 12:46 PM
Have you got your front door the wrong way around?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 1:49 PM
This has got nothing to do with handing out apartment keys, it's what I call "Biological parent stalking". I've complained about it all across the official forums already, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem. Several users even found it cute and touching.

Parent stalking occurs regardless where your sims live when the biological parent isn't living with the offspring. And it doesn't stopp at your door. When the baby ages to toddler be prepared for the baby daddy to spawn whenever you go through a loading screen wherever you take your toddler. I noticed this the first time when playing my homeless toddler challenge, it's not my imagination, but 100% reproduceable.

If it annoys you (as it does me. a lot), use McCommands "force to leave" option on the baby daddy. (I think it's in the McCheats module, not the main). He'll be back after the nect loading screen, but for a while you'll have peace of mind.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:26 PM
I'm having this exact problem! I'm trying to the 100 Baby Challenge and this baby daddy keeps walking into my house to play with the toddler. I've locked my doors to everyone but household members to see if that will fix it.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sonicphotonic
I'm having this exact problem! I'm trying to the 100 Baby Challenge and this baby daddy keeps walking into my house to play with the toddler. I've locked my doors to everyone but household members to see if that will fix it.

It most likely won't. He is a caregiver by default so you can't stop him. It really gets on your nerves after a while.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:03 PM
He'll just loiter outside your house.

This stinks that I can't get rid of him, I guess he has to die. lol
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:11 PM
Just saw in a bug thread on the EA site that someone would use MC Command Center to force them to leave. Tried it and it worked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:27 PM
Just saw in a bug thread on the EA site that someone would use MC Command Center to force them to leave. Tried it and it worked.
Enki says he'll be back though. I just got done using mcc to kill him. Rest in pepperonis, Douglas.