Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 2:35 PM
Default Questions about the Queue Bypass Process
Hello! I'm hoping that someone can answer some questions I have about the Queue bypass and the rejection process. I understand that specific questions about the upload itself will go to the Queue Moderation thread, but I have a feeling that they may not be answered for quite some time, so I have some general questions.

Based on your Queue Bypass guidelines: 'Items with minor issues will be left 'live,' and a moderator will simply ask, via a comment on the thread, for the creator to fix the issues when they get a chance. Items with more major issues will be moved back to the queue with a note from the moderator, and then either marked 'Changes Required' or removed.'

What do you consider as minor issues vs. major issues? What are the possible reasons or major issues you consider that merit a direct rejection or removal without going through the 'Changes Required' process for those uploads that are using the Queue Bypass?

I have searched the site's guidelines and couldn't find the answers to those, so if someone can kindly direct me to the link for the questions above, it will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 5:07 PM
It depends on how long we think it will take to make the changes, and if it can be done in a specified time frame. Bypass gives you three days to make changes, the queue gives 7 days to make changes. If an upload in bypass has completely ignored all the guidelines, chances are high that it will immediately be sent to the queue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It depends on how long we think it will take to make the changes, and if it can be done in a specified time frame. Bypass gives you three days to make changes, the queue gives 7 days to make changes. If an upload in bypass has completely ignored all the guidelines, chances are high that it will immediately be sent to the queue.

Thank you for responding. However that doesn't quite answer my questions. Still, you mentioned that 'Bypass gives you three days to make changes.' To clarify, this means a moderator will notify you about the changes you should make to your upload and then you'll be given three days to make those changes, is that correct?

What happens if uploads that are using the Queue Bypass was outright rejected, does it sent back to the queue or that thread will not be returned anymore? I tried to find more information about your rejection process and I couldn't find it in the site guidelines, the email that was sent to me was automated so it really didn't clarify what exactly happens next. I guess I just have to wait for a reply on the Queue Moderation thread, thanks anyway.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petalruesimblr
Thank you for responding. However that doesn't quite answer my questions. Still, you mentioned that 'Bypass gives you three days to make changes.' To clarify, this means a moderator will notify you about the changes you should make to your upload and then you'll be given three days to make those changes, is that correct?

This is correct.

Quote: Originally posted by Petalruesimblr
What happens if uploads that are using the Queue Bypass was outright rejected, does it sent back to the queue or that thread will not be returned anymore? I tried to find more information about your rejection process and I couldn't find it in the site guidelines, the email that was sent to me was automated so it really didn't clarify what exactly happens next. I guess I just have to wait for a reply on the Queue Moderation thread, thanks anyway.

Bypass should not be outright rejected. The process requires them to be sent back to the moderation queue if the moderator feels the changes cannot be made in three days. They will then be moderated and you will have seven days to make the changes.