Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:00 PM
Who's to say that we didn't actully create a black hole, but no-one knows any better, so we haven't realised it yet? *shifty look*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:03 PM
Yeah, I am not feeling to peppy about this thing....considering my husband is teaching at the University of Geneva a FEW short miles away, and I live all of three hours away from it!

I seriously called my Husband in the middle of his class to tell him they were about to start the test , and that in case anything messed up, I loved him!

I will not be sleeping peacefully the next few days/weeks , until this experiment is over.

Renee
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#28 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:20 PM
Makes me wonder how many people made a point to get laid last night, just in case the world ended today... :D

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:30 PM
LOL!! Hubby couldnt get none, since he has been down there teaching all week. Wait a minute.......sh**!!! I forgot all about those lil girls gone wild types!! Well , when he gets home tonight I definately giving him the "smell test" !!!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:34 PM
Yeah, and there'll be like a baby boom in about 9 months. And the world will still be here doing circles around the sun.
Scholar
#31 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 1:13 PM
Well, if this is the fuss they make about just making some protons go around a big ring, imagine the furore when they finally start to make these protons hit others going in the opposite direction in a few weeks time.
Theorist
#32 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 4:37 PM
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we ....oh wait. still here. hmm. I guess the Hadron collider didn't create a black hole that sucked up the world, did it. Maybe the next big machine scientists create will actually be able to make the sky fall for all the Chicken Littles out there too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 8:59 PM
#34 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenny
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26641652/

Wow Some people really take things too seriously...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by novemberlove
Wow Some people really take things too seriously...

pretty scary actually, poor girl. she took it literally....
#36 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 9:20 PM
I know That's why I don't listen to what the media says. Just like the "Y2K" catastrophe, yet we're still here
#37 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenny
pretty scary actually, poor girl. she took it literally....

Well, there's Social Darwinism for you.
Scholar
#38 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 9:53 PM
Okay, poor girl and she's obviously an unfortunate victim of media pressure, but if she thought we were all going to die anyway, why commit suicide?

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
#39 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alissa888
Okay, poor girl and she's obviously an unfortunate victim of media pressure, but if she thought we were all going to die anyway, why commit suicide?

I guess she thought it would be better to die at her own hands than being sucked into a black hole, or whatever crap she heard on FOX news.
#40 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Makes me wonder how many people made a point to get laid last night, just in case the world ended today... :D

Damn! That was the night my boyf & I got an early night... to SLEEP!!! Luckily we're all still here phew! lol
#41 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 9:08 PM
I don't get it. It's just a particle accelerator. Particles colliding is a natural phenomena. The only reason these machines are built is so they can be observed while it happens.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 1:44 AM
I asked my school's physics teacher about it...
I'm more concerned with scientists attempting to explain what they're doing driving everyone to kill themself in confusion. subatomic black hole? No problem no risk no worry. Two hour lead up to "It's a subatomic black hole, no problem?" killer headache.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:18 AM
My son wanted to have his eighteenth birthday a day early incase the world ended on his birthday. Then in discussion with his friend the topic of making sure they had the playstation 3 nearby at all times incase they were going to be sucked into a black hole. I didn't have the heart to tell them what would really happen and even if the theory was right that it would take years to die in there there wouldn't be any electricity. this put me in mind of the time when all those meteorites collided with jupiter ( I think it was) it was reported that the repercussions could be disastrous for earth. I decided not to pay the gas bill just incase it was the end of the world, spent the money then had to find the money to pay it the following week.

Ps for the purpose of adding to Hp's scientific research/ curiosity I didn't get laid.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:38 AM
See, that's just the attitude that will save us all. If you do all your homework, the end is nigh. Why? Well you're the loser who didn't do something with your life, and karma now has it out for you. We procrastinators are saving the world... actually, I'll save it tomorrow, I'm going to bed now.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 10:10 AM
Well, I'm sure you guys may have heard but it got shut down yesterday from a malfunction/glitch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918..._eu/eu_big_bang
Scholar
#46 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ambnumber11
Well, I'm sure you guys may have heard but it got shut down yesterday from a malfunction/glitch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918..._eu/eu_big_bang

Maybe thats what they want us to think... to shut up all the people who think the world is going to end.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 2:49 AM
this entire black hole theory just sounds doltish and hard to believe.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#48 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 12:10 PM
Here's an illustration to help you:
#49 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 6:22 AM
^^ frakking hilarious. I <3 u, simsample.

If you have enough knowledge of particle physics to have a rational fear of the LHC, this should calm you down.

Page 2 of 2