Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:20 PM
Default Charlie Hedebo Shooting and Freedom of Speech
With the one month anniversary of the Charlie Hedebo shootings coming up, we should discuss the aggrevation of the terrorist attack. This shooting was started because of the cartoonists making fun of the Prophet Mohammed. And they STILL don't accept an apology cover. Personally, I think newspapers and comics need to be a bit more careful about their cartoons.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:48 PM
The reason they don't accept the apology is that it depicts Mohammed. Islam has a prohibition against creating images of living beings. They've relaxed it, but still strictly observe it for Mohammed and Allah. So putting Mohammed on your cover is like slapping them in the face, not apologizing.
Alchemist
#3 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 10:15 PM
In all seriousness, these are exactly the kind of fanatical nutbags who desperately need a slap to the face, among other things.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Inventor
#4 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:45 AM
There wouldn't be many people left on earth if people who got their beliefs/ideology/religion verbally attacked killed their offenders.

I am in no way racist, but I have always wondered why we can basically joke about anything besides Islam. Jesus, politicians, the pope, presidents, monarchs, Asian drivers, feminists... yet Islam is that one thing people are afraid to make jokes about. Many people feel very tip toed around muslims.
Theorist
#5 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 3:08 PM
IMO, Charlie Hebdo has nothing to apologize for. They are not in the wrong. Making fun of anything should not get people killed. Anyone who thinks people should die for making fun of anything at all are the ones in the wrong.

Resident wet blanket.