Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#126 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
John 8:7

But yes, though not Christian myself, that is similar to what I try say.

I mostly know it as a Dutch proverb, but probably from the bible, yes.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#127 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
''Who is without sin, throws the first rock.''

Welp, I've never sexually assaulted or harassed women. *Hefts boulder onto shoulder* Where's the line start?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#128 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
Welp, I've never sexually assaulted or harassed women. *Hefts boulder onto shoulder* Where's the line start?

No person is sacred. One curse and you're already removed from that line.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#129 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 4:15 AM
One thing I wish all of the protesters and rioters (who I will assume were/are all Hilary supporters) would remember: Hillary is no innocent babe either. I don't believe everything I see, hear or read - but it's not all bullshit. There is truth in there and some of that truth is just plain scary.
Mad Poster
#130 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 6:16 AM
FYI, for the reason why we ended up here.

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Here y'all go:

President Trump: How & Why...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
FYI, for the reason why we ended up here.

More people need to see, digest and understand this.
Test Subject
#132 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 7:14 AM
I'm probably going to appear as Captain Obvious now because I dont know much about US politics at all, but I did watch some of the campaign drama and had a few discussions with friends and family. While I think most of us were here were very surprised at the outcome of the elections (we all fully expected Hillary Clinton to win) the majority of those Ive spoken to, after the results, agreed that there was a feeling that a big change was imminent.

From an outsiders point of view, Hillary Clinton's image was one of wealth, privilege (which is ironic considering Trump's bank balance) and political royalty, but also greatly experienced. She was seen as best buddies with celebs and distant from the ordinary working man. Sadly, she also came across as sly, devious and secretive. I'm not saying she is those things, just that she appeared that way, we only see what is on our TV screens. On the other hand, Donald Trump was crass, obnoxious, loud and surprisingly open, so you had the feeling that he didn't hold back and what you see is what you get, as nasty as some of it appears. I know from my own country's politics that this kind of change usually comes either after a time of oppression (which is obviously not the case here) or a time of complacency and mediocrity, unfulfilled promises and ineffectiveness. I know nothing about President Obama's years in office, because we simply didn't hear much about him at all which was surprising considering that living in Africa we were so excited when he was voted into office. Was he ineffective? Is this why the vote has swung so far the other way?

None of what I said is a criticism in any way, I am simply intrigued that a man so different to the current president got elected.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 1:06 PM Last edited by HarVee : 11th Nov 2016 at 1:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
@HarVee--The multiple allegations (by which I mean more than 10) have all been denied by Trump

All others are baseless wind-blowing and have no actual credibility apart from 2005 video, which by the way, even men who never rape any person still brag about sexual acts and do the "locker room" talk and just because person (in this case Trump) said it, does not prove they did it. Only one that has legitimate credibility is teenager because ties with Jeffrey Epstein. Even then, still bit of stretch and without something like Lie-detector test, it still questionable if rape happened. Proof is what you try giving me, and none of those give it.

I didn't mean in the philosophical sense, no, I meant that there is plenty of reasons to legitimately impeach him based on trending criminal charges, rather than just knee-jerk calling for impeachment because people don't like him.
I not mean in philosophical sense either. I mean legitimately that no any person on this planet is without such act.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#134 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:04 PM Last edited by EvilMcNastySim2015 : 12th Nov 2016 at 10:06 PM.
So in other shorter words you are saying rape and sexual harassment shouldn't be a crime, because everyone does it.

Under that logic blacks should be lynched for voting because there was a time when every one did it.

Oh and FYI I have made it to the age of 31 without ever bragging about harassing a woman, harassing a woman, or raping a woman and I am 100% straight and have had underage girls come on to me more then once but always said no because it is the right thing to do and my penis doesn't control my life. maybe this isn't something everyone does, just people with self control issues like you and Trump do, and maybe someone with self control issues shouldn't be given control of our armed forces and nuclear weapons.

Oh and Republicans didn't assume Clinton was falsely accused of these same things, so them backing Trump makes them hypocrites if nothing else, and if you are invoking quotes from Jesus to defend Trump he had harsh words to say about hypocrites and used a whip to drive them from the temple. Oh and he told everyone he healed and forgave to "go and sin no more" including the woman he saved from being stoned using the quote that you took out of context, he didn't say " go and brag about your sins and keep doing it because everyone does it." Using Jesus to defend Trump puts you on very shaky ground.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Inventor
#135 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:08 PM
@HarVee--Evil up there pretty much hit the nail on the head about how disturbing your willingness to dismiss the allegations as "locker room talk" and the like are. Many other men have also come forth to say that, no, saying things like how you can "just grab [ a woman's] p***y (edited b/c I'm not sure if that word would violate the standards here) and no one will do anything" are not the words, thoughts, and actions of a man "just engaging in ocker room talk," they are the words, thoughts, and actions of a rapist.
This video here flat-out explains it.
And what's more, Trump, while maybe not fully understanding what he said or did wrong, at the very least is aware enough that what he said on that tape is enough to get him in serious trouble, because he has tried to downplay or even openly denied ever having even said those things, despite it, you know being on tape. This is what I meant in one of my earlier posts about him being caught, including on-camera, in lies several times over the course of this election.

Also, how was what I showed you not enough to constitute as being "no proof?" Are the testimonies of witnesses not enough for you, even when, like in the Miss Teen USA incident I specifically mentioned, there are literally dozens? Not only that, but I said that these were accusations which had not yet gone to court, so of course the public isn't going to have access to everything that is going to be brought up over the course of the trials. I gave you literally everything that we, the general public, currently know, which by the way, is still an awful lot. Also, because of how easy it is to influence the results, lie detector tests have been inadmissible in court for literally decades now.

Certain things are sometimes withheld from the public until the trial for two major reasons:
1) It can affect the outcome of the case to the point that it risks becoming inadmissible in court or something similar. Plus, if a trial is one by jury, rather than letting a single judge weigh the outcome, they have to find individuals who have been influenced by their feeling, backgrounds, and general case info as little as possible. Since Trump has already been infamous in the US for literally decades, this will already be pretty much impossible.
2) To try and protect the victim and their right to privacy as much as possible. This is considered an extremely high profile case, meaning that there is already lots of publicity surrounding it, and the former 13-year-old victim, who is being called Katie Johnson, though that may not be her real name (and, in fact, originally tried several times to simply file anonymously, due to fear for her personal safety), has already had to drop and re-file that suit multiple times due to threats against her life. This is why sometimes information about the case is not publicly released until the actual moment it is brought up in court, for pretty much this exact reason.

In other words, they could have an actual videotape of the event and we the public would not know it up until it is released during the trial. And there most certainly has to be some evidence, seeing how it was set to go to court multiple times, but was only dropped because Mrs. Johnson herself dropped it, and she only did that because of fear for her life.

Plus, there is Trump's general character to look at. I'm not certain how much info about him had been spread abroad before the election, but, as I said, he has been infamous here in the US for literally decades now. Nearly every business departure he's embarked on has failed, he's been saying all of the type of nasty, racist, misogynistic, homophobic things he said during the election for years, including the creepy and inappropriate things about underage girls mentioned in at least one of the earlier links. Oftentimes, these things were said on camera or radio, meaning that we have recordings of it. Hell, the way he was acting during the election was practically him playing nice.

He even once said very inappropriate things about his own fellow businesswoman and daughter Ivanka Trump, including saying that "if she wasn't his daughter, he would be dating her." He took a fellow business person and reduced her to a walking, talking piece of meat (one of the most disrespectful things you can do to a professional woman) and he did it to his own daughter. He's proved over and over again that he has zero respect for women.

In the US, a lot of the times, money unfortunately equals power, not how it should be, but it is. Trump has had ridiculous amounts of both money and power his entire life, and has spent his entire life abusing his power. People are scared because they have a reason to be, because most of us here in the US know that it's not a question of if Trump will abuse the current power he's been given, but rather when. And whether or not all of our current checks and balances our government has in place will be enough to fully stop him when he does.
Test Subject
#136 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Jezzie : 12th Nov 2016 at 9:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
maybe this isn't something everyone does, just people with self control issues like you and Trump do,
Wow! Am I even reading what you said correctly? I get that you are angry, disillusioned and depressed, I read your "Everything about this country is pure evil and it has never done one good thing in it's whole history. Even the people who are not evil are better off dead or going back where they came from, because every country on earth is better then this one." rant some posts back, but to accuse Harvee as 'harassing a woman, raping a woman and having their penis control their lives" is simply nasty, and just because you dont agree with what he says. That's hectic crap to lay on someone you dont even know!

What would happen if anyone took your recent comments seriously?

America just needs to be nuked off the map. If that were to happen every other problem in the world would vanish. America is the single most evil and worthless thing the human race has ever produced. It is nothing but a dumping ground for the garbage other much better nations do not want and the sooner it is gone the better off everyone will be.

No I think America is such a piece of trash and Trump being the most popular leader in the history of the country proves that we are just the next Nazi Germany and that we will murder far more people then have ever lived in this country, so I think the world is better off with us all dead.

The so called "human" lives in this worthless piece of shit country are just monsters who put the rest of the world in danger and are better off dead. .

Even the people who are not evil are better off dead or going back where they came from, because every country on earth is better then this one.
I just can't wait for death and I think the planet would be a lot better off with myself and the rest of this country no longer on it.

I am so depressed by the news that comes in every day and there doesn't seem to be any way to change anything so I say just nuke it all and maybe the rest of the human race can be saved.

There is no hope left and the country can't been turned around from the blood soaked path it is on, so just kill it and save the people worth saving who are all in other countries any way.

Theres a lot of death, destruction and judgement in your own words! Should we all be scared of you?
Instructor
#137 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 10:02 PM
I think you missed the point, someone said the way Trump treats women shouldn't shock anyone or be seen as wrong because it is the way all men treat all women, I stated that it was not the case since I am a man and have never treated women that way and if he does treat women in this manor then it is wrong. I am sorry if you see this as an offensive statement, but I will not budge on this point, I believe harassing women and raping them, and incest is wrong. I am sorry I know these are seen as old fashioned ideas in this day and age but I will not budge on this point. If there is anything worth saving or if this nation is to be saved then it is the duty of the citizen to speak out against evil, that is what I did. I am loyal to ideal, not political parties and not money, I didn't think this garbage was right when it was Clinton, Cosby, or Jackson, who did it and I am not going to say it is right just because it is a republican doing it this time.

I am sorry if I offended you but I happen to believe sexual harassment and rape are wrong, and no one guilty of those crimes should hold public office because it shows a huge defect in their character and if this nation has gone so far off the rails that the statement that rape is wrong is seen as offensive, then the world would most likely be better off without us in it.

Sorry you missed the point and sorry I offended you, but this is one point I will not move on. The Republicans were quick to assume Clinton was guilty when he was accused, now they leap to the defense of Trump when he is accused of the same thing, and what is more unlike Clinton he has bragged about some of it being true, so unless the Republicans issue a public apology to Bill Clinton for everything they put him and his family through because clearly by their own logic now he did nothing wrong even if he was guilty, they are hypocrites. Myself on the other hand, I have always stood for ideals and not petty political power games, so I believe what was wrong for Clinton to do is wrong for Trump to do and we have at least as much proof of Trumps guilt, if not more, so the congress should impeach Trump the second he takes office, or they should issue an apology to Bill Clinton and say nothing he did was wrong and admit they were wrong for impeaching him in the 90s. That is the long and the short of it all.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Mad Poster
#138 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 11:22 PM
The part you people conveniently forget, is that I say there is difference between saying and doing.

Mad Poster
#139 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 11:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Nov 2016 at 9:18 PM.
A lot of American people - not all, but probably more than enough - seem to be of the type that take in everything they're force-fed without looking it over twice. They'll believe any pile of dung as long as someone they like is presenting the dung as polished gold, and they'll repeat it to other people who treat the pile of dung the same way. There are probably a lot of reasons why, but poor education probably plays a big role. That, and how much misinformation they're fed on a daily basis in their younger years. The more crap you're told to believe as a kid, the more crap you're likely to believe and spew out as an adult. Some are victims to poor education, and this can be fixed. The really dangerous kind are the ones who are are stupid by choice, unwilling to see beyond their comfy little bubble of ignorance if it means they don't need to do any heavy thinking, preferably just doing whatever the first person they liked told them they should do.

It's not just a problem in the US, but in many places around the world. When people don't learn to think critically about issues when they're young, they're not likely to do so when they get older. Even highly educated people can fall under the spell of a well spoken dung-caster, or fall for crazy conspiracy theories. They're just a little less likely to, if they're critical thinkers to begin with.

I do not for one second think that Trump is someone who will put education high on his agenda. After all, a whole lot of the people who voted for him seem to be of the "ignorant and happy" kind, and without those he would probably not even have been made a candidate in the first place.

To make America great (again???) you'd have to start at the bottom, beginning with a complete revamp of the school system. No "but my religion/lifestyle choice/whatever says my kid can't learn this thing at all" view on the world, and a curriculum where learning critical thinking is high on the agenda in all subjects. Kids also need to be taught numerous ways on how to think about a problem and finding solutions, and not just that one "correct" way. That would probably clean up somewhat around several issues the US has, even if it would be a slow process. Maybe this generation can't clean up the mess they've made for themselves - but at least give the next generations a fair chance.

I won't pretend I know anything about how to run health care or economy or all those other things - but I know I do know the bottom-up way tends to be more successful than many other ways. Too bad many politicians don't understand this. If something goes wrong, they usually put more resources at the top to try to figure out the problem - instead of putting them at the bottom where it's actually needed (which would probably come a long way in fixing the problem, too - there's ALWAYS need for more people on the bottom of the "food chain").
Test Subject
#140 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 4:36 AM
I am sorry if I offended you

I personally didn't find your post offensive and I understood your point, I simply didn't think that it was fair on your part to assume HarVee automatically condoned misogyny and had self control issues regarding woman just because he was asking if there was proof of Trumps misconduct.
Theorist
#141 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 1:06 AM
Btw, I once calculated the difference for the last Dutch general elections (150 seats) between current system (proportional with ~0.67% per seat) versus a system similar towards the American electoral college, 12 provinces, fair distribution of the seats per province according to their population (no minimum bullshit) based on Wikipedia and a winner takes it all principle, with exactly the same results. Unfortunately I didn't save the Dutch electors on my pc.

The real results: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch...n,_2012#Results
Electoral College system: the current winners (Liberals, your average Democrat) would have had over 100 seats thanks to the three most populous provinces, the runners up (Social Democrats, leftier than the leftiest Democrats) the remaining <50 seats, thanks to some rural provinces. The rest combined 0, even though they got almost the half of the popular vote.

Main difference for the runner up: they won almost any major city, but the more rural areas within these provinces are bigger (in voters)

Alchemist
Original Poster
#142 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
No person is sacred. One curse and you're already removed from that line.

I disagree. I think it's pretty fuckin' easy to not violate other people. Just, you know...don't be an asshole. It's hardly rocket science.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#143 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:43 AM
That has nothing to do.with hurting people on purpose or not. Just swearing one fucking word, because of hurting your own damn body through stupidity, and you're out of that line.

Inventor
#144 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 10:34 PM
So, apparently CNN had to stop and confirm that, no, over 11,000 people did not in fact vote for Harambe.
Guess we'll just have to make do with Prankster Joe Biden
Meh, thought that maybe this thread could use a little cheering up.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 1:39 AM
Meh, thought that maybe this thread could use a little cheering up.

It only need the cheer up because you come here with real negative attitude and falsely accuse me of being rapist and misogynist.

Instructor
#146 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 2:26 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...7e4&oe=58D13774

My PC specs.
Inventor
#147 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
It only need the cheer up because you coaidme here with real negative attitude and falsely accuse me of being rapist and misogynist.

I never said you were a misogynist or rapist.
When I was talking about how "disturbing your willingness to dismiss [what was] on the tape as just 'locker room talk'" was, I was reffering to how that related to the idea of women and "rape culture" (I would link more info about it, but I am currently on my phone and can't). It was not meant to imply that you were a misogynist or rapist, and I apologise for not elaborating more and causing a misunderstanding.

Everything else concerning sexual assault and misogyny in that post was meant to relate to TRUMP, and ONLY TRUMP. I'm not someone who stoops to relating everyone associated with him as being a racist woman-hater. Hell, I have at least one relative who was a vocal Trump supporter. The people who have been linking the articles and videos about how neither political side really want to discuss or debate anything and are just wanting to shut the other down are unfortunately too acurate, and that attitude seems to have seeped over into everything, not just politics. People forget that "understanding" and "agreeing" are two separate things, and that understanding is vital for even attempting to interact civilly with others.

As for the negative attitude part, I was just trying to create a civilized back-and-forth about whether the accusations against Trump had merit, you kept asking for proof and I was trying to provide it with the limited resources I had, and explained why they were currently limited. Reading over it, I realize that there are maybe some parts that sound more accusatory than I meant them to, but I just wanted to say again that that wasn't my intention, and that I was trying to debate honestly, and not descend into the mudslinging that seems to pass for "political debate" these days.

Frankly, I think that both candidates during this election were absolute jokes who would only screw up the entire country, and that the behavior of both candidates, as well as the behavior of the potential candidates during the primaries was embarrassing. Everyone was just sniping at each other and doing childish things like getting into Twitter fights. One of them was supposed to be the future leader of the US, and every single one of them was acting like the "bitchy, catty, uber-popular cheerleader" stereotype that seems to be in every single teen movie ever, rather than conducting themselves with actual dignity.
Instructor
#148 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 6:12 PM
I had no idea so many Trump apologists were so easily triggered, and need safe spaces from people quoting their chosen candidate.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 5:23 PM
I never said you were a misogynist or rapist.

saying things like how you can "just grab [ a woman's] p***y (edited b/c I'm not sure if that word would violate the standards here) and no one will do anything" are not the words, thoughts, and actions of a man "just engaging in ocker room talk," they are the words, thoughts, and actions of a rapist.

By you way thinking, I rapist then because I said many crude things in jokingly manner before.

This biggest problem with your entire argument. In order be rapist, you actually have physically rape someone. Some the time crude things said just for sake of humour or exaggeration, but just because person say or think such thoughts, does not mean they actually do/did them. It amaze me much how you and many people can no grasp basic concept.

As for the negative attitude part, I was just trying to create a civilized back-and-forth about whether the accusations against Trump had merit, you kept asking for proof

You need pair of eyes because I never asked for proof. You come here insistent on trying shove your false "proof" in my face. You even give me youtube video about needing consent to make crude remarks and pass it off as proof. You do not need consent make crude remarks otherwise it defeat purpose.

Instructor
#150 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 12:10 AM
Actually, Trump's reputation as a rapist have little to do with the Billy Bush exchange:

Article: "Here are all the times Donald Trump has been accused of rape or attempted rape"
http://fusion.net/story/328522/dona...sexual-assault/

Page 6 of 7