Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 9:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default No patterns/materials I edit and save remain "saved"
Hello everyone, for a while no saved patterns/materials, whether in create-a-sim or build/buy mode, I edited have stayed saved.
In fact, I can save the edited pattern/material, save the current save game, and exit to the main menu and then re-enter the saved game and its as if i never saved the patterns/materials at all.
Im not sure which package file in my Sims 3 folder is the culprit and this is a recent issue as patterns from like a year ago are available but after a certain point edited patterns and materials would no longer stay saved.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Dec 2023 at 4:15 PM
I doubt this is the issue but check and make sure your UserPresets somehow is not set to read only.
I know it seems weird but I accidently did this once.

Also, I had this happen onetime and couldn't explain it so I removed the Userpresets package and let the game generate a new one to see if it would be fine. Once it generated a new one it was good. I know it sucks to do this but that's the only other option I know to do when it gets funky.