Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2009 at 12:09 PM
Default Those Darn Macheads
Kidding guys

Mac parity was big reason behind The Sims 3 delay
Apr 23rd 2009 at 12:33 by Ben Parfitt

Publisher EA has revealed that, amongst other things, one of the major factors behind its decision to delay The Sims 3 until June was the need to see the game released on Mac at the same time it arrived on PC.

“The Sims 3 June launch gives more time for tuning and polish, and the ability to launch the game on PC and Mac platforms simultaneously,” associate producer Grant Rodiek told GameSpot.

“This is a key EA franchise and title and it deserves a bigger bet on the best Sims game EA has made. These last few months will give us a little more time to tune, tweak and polish the game.

“Our players have been waiting for something awesome and that’s exactly what we intend to give them.”

The Sims 3 will be released on PC and Mac on June 5th.

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/28...he-Sims-3-delay
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th May 2009 at 1:54 PM
That's not the only reason for the delay. Actually, I think the biggest reason has more to do with them wanting it released in the next fiscal year because EA had huge profit losses last year, and they wanted TS3 to make their next fiscal year look way better for their shareholders.
Theorist
#3 Old 12th May 2009 at 7:30 PM
The Mac parity is what made me tolerate the delay. I have a desktop PC but I use a MacBook when I'm staying at college, so now I won't have to buy separate versions (assuming they do the same with EPs). I'm really happy that EA is beginning to acknowledge Mac users.

Another major reason was to get word out on the street about The Sims 3, they hadn't advertised it much before the original release date, now there's all these events going on and the whole "Let There Be Sims" campaign.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th May 2009 at 1:30 AM
As a user of both Mac and PC I feel I need to say that the decision to hold off on the release was made by EA, not by Macheads.

Just call me Bigirish, okay?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2009 at 2:04 AM
did you see the "kidding guys" part? Man are you guys sensitive
#6 Old 13th May 2009 at 3:16 AM
Not really, well at least now I don't need to use windows on my mac to play the sims. Sims two did not have all the expansion packs for mac.