Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Bottom line, does anybody know if you can turn aging off for characters/the entire neighborhood maybe?

The whole neighbourhood I think/
Advertisement
#27 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySwig
The whole neighbourhood I think/

Yeah.. I don't see how the whole neighborhood could continue to age while you live forever.
#28 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:56 AM
I know that I am going to have to find a new way to play sims because of the seamless neighborhood, but that doesn't really bother me much. I am sure I will find a new way, which is just as entertaining or more so than before.
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th May 2009 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiShek
I know that I am going to have to find a new way to play sims because of the seamless neighborhood, but that doesn't really bother me much. I am sure I will find a new way, which is just as entertaining or more so than before.

That's my attitude too. Gameplay changed between Sims 1 and Sims 2, and my style will hafta change between 2 and 3.

Besides, I kinda like it. I can just imagine adult Sims hating each other because of something that happened in the neighborhood when they were just children. And I do this weird thing where I pick Sims who were born into my game to be married to other sims who were born about the same time, but I always end playing one family more, and I end with one sim leaving for college, and the other still a child.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoomWav
Yeah.. I don't see how the whole neighborhood could continue to age while you live forever.

What I mean is that the whole neighbourhood ages together not just one person living forever
#31 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngieSim
I see this "Free-will-have-babies" feature as an actual problem.

I mean.. what if you put two sims in a house and wanted to create a story for them but you wanted to put that on hold and focus on another family beforehand. You come back after you finished and see that the first family had kids, got married or died!

I mean.. is it just me or are we going to have less control over these Sims' lives in Sims 3.. ? >.>

You can probably extract the House + Sims when you exit the house, like in S2 (Sims2pack file style) if you want to leave the Sims to do anything they want as well, just install the old file over the new one when you go to play.

That doubles as a way to back the game up if some custom content or something breaks the game and makes you need to reinstall.
Page 2 of 2