Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 5:50 AM
Are you guys able to allow water line fill up all the way to the windows instead of a waterfall effect?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 7:54 AM
Nope... but i hope someone'll find a solution ^^

splutnov : Hmmm you should try again, it must work.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 9:57 AM
WOW! thank you for sharing!

I create for my amusement. I share for -I hope!- yours :)
Enjoy and ... Happy simming!
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 1:12 PM
can you do the same thing with a pond so you can have an actual aquarium with fish in it?

i will give it a try.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 8:51 PM Last edited by zyissims : 17th Jul 2009 at 9:02 PM.
not working for me either, I wish they would just let you build the walls and fill it in with water lol but I can see alot of problems with that too

Edit:try placeing a floor tile like this
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/...enshot-1057.jpg

then you can delete the floor tile.....worked for me
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zyissims
not working for me either, I wish they would just let you build the walls and fill it in with water lol but I can see alot of problems with that too

Edit:try placeing a floor tile like this
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/...enshot-1057.jpg

then you can delete the floor tile.....worked for me

what works for you? You mean you can solve the water line problem with that? Sorry you didn't make it very clear.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxnae
can you do the same thing with a pond so you can have an actual aquarium with fish in it?

i will give it a try.

let us know how that works out. The water levelis much harder to control with a pond.

However yesterday in YouTube I ran into a video that someone can use a glitch to make a tall water column by raise the ground to as high as the game alllows. And place some columns very close to it. And that earth tower turns into water. You can even fish in it. At the end of the video the poster said only to use pond tool to fix that water tower or else "can flood your basement and building beyond repair". I actually tried to floood my lot: didn't happen.

The water tower works for me in which I can see fish swimming inside. But maybe the poster was joking about the flooding part. Or else we can use that method to build aquarium by flooding the lot with pond water
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
However yesterday in YouTube I ran into a video that someone can use a glitch to make a tall water column by raise the ground to as high as the game alllows. And place some columns very close to it. And that earth tower turns into water. You can even fish in it. At the end of the video the poster said only to use pond tool to fix that water tower or else "can flood your basement and building beyond repair". I actually tried to floood my lot: didn't happen.

Yep I use that same method. I just raise the land, and use some pool and lower the inside of the pool and place columns in certain spots. But it is very tricky if you do one thing wrong or hit the leveling button or something the water can go all over your lot or just disappear.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:57 PM
Whooooooh! It works. I just put some tiles at the top of the wall, and after that, I maneged to level it.
Now I'm a happy person ^^.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:10 PM
this may sound dumb, ok like "fracken idiocy" but.. since it is an aqarium pool, could i utilize it in collecting of fish?
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Splutnov
I don't understand how to get
[CTRL-Shift-C]
constrainfloorelevation false
Use the flat tool from the edge of the pool to a 2x2 area

And
Then cut the half wall with the flat tool starting from the top of the wall
That.

My walls stay just like this:

Someone, please, help.

Don't know if you've figured this out yet, but I had a hard time with this at first also. One thing that was left out, don't know if this works the same on all pc's, but when using the level tool (flat tool), some times you have to select something else and then select level tool again for it to work. On the flatten wall part, go up a level and then select the level tool again. I did this with a completely built house to fix it and actually ended up with some nice remodeling to boot, I.E. a deck overlooking the pool from the second story that you could see from the basement also. I'm about to come up with some crazy designs and as soon as the perfectionist in me is accepting of my work, I will upload some houses to MTS. Happy construction.

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:24 AM Last edited by sims-holic : 28th Jul 2009 at 1:44 PM.
Hi, i made another tutorial for pool windows. Its a bit different.
The pool windows are complete under the water surface.
It works after reloading or relocating simlots.

Check it out:

Correct Pool Windows - Even After Reloading

Internet Profiling means spotting you browsing Fashion, RaceCar, & Financial magazines at street newsbooths, and conclude you're a metrosexual NASCAR racing accountant.

-0-0-0-
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aphexZero
The chimney doesn't look good. This is because i used half-walls for the roof.
I don't see a way to cut it, yet.

Here is a great tutorial on how to work with chimneys:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/tutorials/view/id/12187/

Hope this helps!

Great Tutorial BTW! Thanks!
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:56 AM
This is so useful! thanks! i understand it very well. and it worked!
thanks ^^

I have creations, and i want to share it with you all!
Oh Never Mind..
Nothing is special about me
Wheee....*Dun...Dun...* :)
If i send you message..you reply , just call me Roz
So you don't need to say "hi! glad to help Triforce-Tri-Pixl! " too long...

See?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#40 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 1:02 PM
Moving this out of the tutorial section because of the waterline issues, and because there is another tutorial that shows how to fix them.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 5:39 PM
Amazing. Thank you very much. I've been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now.
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 2:05 PM
please look at the timesstamp...
Or read the newer version with some fixes http://modthesims.info/article.php?t=359110
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 2:14 AM
Ive tried this like 3 times (power outage, then the kids turned it off on me, but the last time i tried everything went well till i saved and then the water line dropped even though it wasnt like that before i saved any idea why this might have happened? should mention im using this tutorial with walk out basement and the wall hanging one as well.
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:15 AM
i was never able to get the water to stay at the right level with this hope the next expansion packs allow for this
dodgy builder
#45 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 10:14 AM
1. I've done this a few times, but I never level the ground in the pool. I've heard leveling the pool floor creates all kinds of issues.
2. If you use cfe remember to clean up above where you use the cheat, because it will ruin everything above it.
3. Every new patch in Sims3 seems to create a new issue to be solved.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
1. I've done this a few times, but I never level the ground in the pool. I've heard leveling the pool floor creates all kinds of issues.
2. If you use cfe remember to clean up above where you use the cheat, because it will ruin everything above it.
3. Every new patch in Sims3 seems to create a new issue to be solved.

Woah.... such an old thread. Do you know there is a new way to do this now? The easy way! You guys, are you living in the stone age???

There are 2 things different from before: - Basement tool - Pool can be built on any floor.

So you either build the pool from 2nd floor, and replace glass windows on first floor, you got an aquarium.

Basement aquarium is one step tricker: Build basement first, build pool next to it, you will have 1 tile gap, delete basement wall, fill the pool to touch the all. Whole pictorial tutorial is here: http://sims3.modthesims.info/m/show...457#post3498457

I haven't touched CFE for a long time.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Scholar
#47 Old 30th May 2011 at 11:53 PM
This is great! Used it to build an aquarium pool in my town's gym. :D
Theorist
#48 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:22 AM
I've had success using this method:

Enter build mode by clicking the "Build" button on your control panel. Select the pool tool by clicking on the picture of a pool in the left corner above the cutaway house.

Select the perfect location for your Sims pool, then click and drag to create it. Add lights, ladders and any other decor you desire from the pool section of the build menu.

Select the basement tool, which is on the upper right hand corner of the build menu. Hover the mouse near the side of the pool you want facing your basement, one square away from the actual pool wall. Click and drag to create your basement.

Hover the mouse over the leftmost point on the patch of grass between your pool and basement. Hold down the Ctrl button, then click and drag, selecting the entire patch. Release the mouse button to delete.

Release the Ctrl key and repeat, clicking and dragging until the patch of grass between the pool and basement is entirely green. Your basement is now directly next to the pool.

Tip
Make sure you stay at ground level while attempting to place your basement and pool.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Site Helper
#49 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 3:12 PM
Also, in buydebug there is a category for fish spawners, including spawners to designate a body of water as a fresh water or salt water body. You can add fish to the pool with the spawners.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 2 of 2