Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 7:04 PM
Default Continual Field Trips?
I've been playing Generations for about a week, or week and a half, no problems, other some minor glitches or slow down. Well today when I sent the sim kids off to school, it says they're on a field trip, only they're not. They've had it for a week in game now, and it gets in the way of them doing any after school activities.

It's not just me either, one of my friends who also has generations got the same thing happening, they show they're on a field trip when they're not. They're also not getting any opportunities for field trips either.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 7:21 PM
Has Generations been out that long already?

Anyway, this EP gives so much more interaction for Child and Teen now, sometimes it is overwhelming. In my game, field trip is a popup message asking me if I agree for so and so to go on a field trip at this place tomorrow (can't remember if it was asking, or just telling me). The next day I found the kids spending time at the restaurant rabbit hole instead of school as it said in the pop up. One time I was running behind with the Teen's morning chores (shower, toilet, breakfast) that I purposely let her be late to the field trip. Since I remember they where they would be spending the field trip at, I went to that building and clicked on it which gives me "Attend field trip" option (not exact word). And the Teen just drove there by herself to that rabbit hole.

I forgot or am not sure if there were a whole lot of reward from attending the field trip (or the consequence for missing it), but each and every field trip my sims went on, there was a big pop up on my screen the day before giving me details of the field trip. Do you have that pop up at all? And if you do, try to remember where they will have to go the next day, and manually make your kids to go their by themselves to see if that works.

Certainly I am not telling you from now on you have to deal with remembering field trip locations and manually order your sims to go there each and every time. But for the heck of analyzing the problem, we want to know if at least your sims can actually attend the field trip if it means you have to micro manage it.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Has Generations been out that long already?

Anyway, this EP gives so much more interaction for Child and Teen now, sometimes it is overwhelming. In my game, field trip is a popup message asking me if I agree for so and so to go on a field trip at this place tomorrow (can't remember if it was asking, or just telling me). The next day I found the kids spending time at the restaurant rabbit hole instead of school as it said in the pop up. One time I was running behind with the Teen's morning chores (shower, toilet, breakfast) that I purposely let her be late to the field trip. Since I remember they where they would be spending the field trip at, I went to that building and clicked on it which gives me "Attend field trip" option (not exact word). And the Teen just drove there by herself to that rabbit hole.

I forgot or am not sure if there were a whole lot of reward from attending the field trip (or the consequence for missing it), but each and every field trip my sims went on, there was a big pop up on my screen the day before giving me details of the field trip. Do you have that pop up at all? And if you do, try to remember where they will have to go the next day, and manually make your kids to go their by themselves to see if that works.

Certainly I am not telling you from now on you have to deal with remembering field trip locations and manually order your sims to go there each and every time. But for the heck of analyzing the problem, we want to know if at least your sims can actually attend the field trip if it means you have to micro manage it.

Yes, thank you I know how field trips work, they've been to several already before it started glitching. I will clarify again that they are at school, normal everyday class, not on a field trip, but it's showing them as being on a field trip instead of learning when you click on the job/school tab at the bottom of the screen. It's keeping them from attending their after-school activities because it won't register as them as classes. Now if you can help me with the actual problem instead of being condescending, that would be useful.

And yes it has been out about a week and a half. It came out on the thirty first of May. It's now the tenth of June. That would be about a week and a half give or take a day.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 10:20 PM
I have this problem too!! And my mailbox doesn't work because of mods I USED to have
Quote: Originally posted by laceyharkness
Yes, thank you I know how field trips work, they've been to several already before it started glitching. I will clarify again that they are at school, normal everyday class, not on a field trip, but it's showing them as being on a field trip instead of learning when you click on the job/school tab at the bottom of the screen. It's keeping them from attending their after-school activities because it won't register as them as classes. Now if you can help me with the actual problem instead of being condescending, that would be useful.

And yes it has been out about a week and a half. It came out on the thirty first of May. It's now the tenth of June. That would be about a week and a half give or take a day.

This started happening after I went on a Field Trip to the Police Department. Two of my children came home with souvenirs of framed police badges, and have been going on an eternal Field Trip at school ever since!
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 11:48 PM
I'm having this same glitch! My teens won't go to their afterschool activities after their trip to the science center as children.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:51 AM
I can't remember when the glitch started for me, which field trip it was, but seeing other people having the same problem as me and my friend makes me think it's a glitch in EP.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:11 AM
AHA! Thanks for posting about this.

I was wondering why this one kid in my town won't go to school anymore. She stopped going to school after a field trip/ballet class.

She can literally be standing right in front of the bus - no queue - and she won't go on.

I'll have to look more closely at her family to see if she's also stuck on a continuous field trip.. could be a connection there.

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
AHA! Thanks for posting about this.

I was wondering why this one kid in my town won't go to school anymore. She stopped going to school after a field trip/ballet class.

She can literally be standing right in front of the bus - no queue - and she won't go on.

I'll have to look more closely at her family to see if she's also stuck on a continuous field trip.. could be a connection there.

Mine will go to school, but it just shows them as on a field trip instead of class. But they might be caused by the same glitch.
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:59 AM
Ahhh...you know I posted another problem in another thread and now I'm wondering if they're linked. I had 6 kids, all enrolled in afterschool activities. Now for some reason only one will go to those activities. After reading this thread, it occured to me it's the same kid that missed a field trip. All the others that WON'T go to afterschool classes went to the police station. Could the field trips be broken?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArynShiar
Ahhh...you know I posted another problem in another thread and now I'm wondering if they're linked. I had 6 kids, all enrolled in afterschool activities. Now for some reason only one will go to those activities. After reading this thread, it occured to me it's the same kid that missed a field trip. All the others that WON'T go to afterschool classes went to the police station. Could the field trips be broken?

It wouldn't surprise me. I actually saw that thread. There does seem to be some kind of glitch with field trips. Which is a shame because I love both the field trips and the after school activities Next time those kids who aren't going to after school activities are in school, check their school/job tab, at the bottom where it usually says skipping school, field trip! learning, see what it says. For me and my friend, it would continually read field trip.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laceyharkness

The whole time I thought your sims were standing around when they were supposed to go on to a field trip as intended. Did it occur to you that I was trying to look into helping you out instead of attempting to patronize you? The insult was uncalled for.

So far all my children sims behave normally, going to school when they were supposed to, going to field trip when they were supposed to. I never knew of that glitch, and even now I haven't got a chance to have that glitch happening to me.

I am currently using AwesomeMod Test version, Twallan's Overwatch and ErrorTrap. Maybe these mods prevented the glitch from happening? Just a thought.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Scholar
#12 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:34 PM
I have the glitch and use Twallan's Overwatch, MasterController and StoryProgression. If that helps anyone. I'd like there to be a fix before too many legacy generations go by... because I'm really in to collection rewards stuff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:39 PM
I just signed into my game today, after installing the updates for Twallan's Careers and Whoohooer mods, and suddenly my kid is learning again and not marked as a field trip. Now this is a different save than the original one, but last night even on this save it was giving me the same notification that she was on a field trip. I'll see if she starts going to her afterschool activities and if she gets more notifications of Field trips.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:59 PM
Hi hi! Not sure if you still need a fix, but just in case, reseting the school using Twallan's Master Controller fixes the immediate problem, although if you do it while school's in session then everyone gets kicked out of the building.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:01 PM
I've had this happen too. I ended up sending them to boarding school, because they were doing miserably in their schoolwork as a result.
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:18 PM
Try reset everything with Mastercontroller. It worked for me, they were no longer stuck on FIELD TRIP! ... but then errortrap spazzed out so......
Alchemist
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:31 PM
I have found that when one of my kids is stuck in a field trip situation, there's often one other kid in the school who is causing it. I use master controller to check the status of every kid in the school until I find one that has 'Field Trip Situation' listed in the status. I reset just that one kid, and my kid is magically fixed and able to attend afterschool activities that day.
#18 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 2:01 AM
Default Thank you!!
Firstly thank you so much! Even though this post is old I still play sims 3 and I literally just ran in to this problem lol. And I wanted to capitalize on what ylu said because I found an even faster process than that is if you have a laptop or if you get to city hall and press NRaas you can just reset all the sim children (NRaas > Mastercontrol > sim > Advanced > reset sim > School and from there select all elementary or highschool or both if you feel the need to do so.

Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I have found that when one of my kids is stuck in a field trip situation, there's often one other kid in the school who is causing it. I use master controller to check the status of every kid in the school until I find one that has 'Field Trip Situation' listed in the status. I reset just that one kid, and my kid is magically fixed and able to attend afterschool activities that day.