Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:29 AM Last edited by Ancient Sim : 21st Mar 2005 at 5:58 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Possible Serious Glitch re. Arrival at College
I put 3 townie teens into one of my dorms - Meadow Thayer, Ricky Cormier and Ivy Copur. The first two transitioned to YA with no problem, but Ivy transitioned twice in quick succession and became an adult, then a taxi came to take her back to the neighbourhood. I tried twice and it happened both times.

The only way I could stop it was to change her back to YA with the boolprop cheat and delete the taxi, but that caused save to be disabled and I couldn't re-enable it even using the function provided by the Inseminator. When I checked her memories there was nothing about flunking college, it just said she'd moved out.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get her to stay? The only other thing I can think of is to turn her back to a teen in SimPE and start again.

I think I might know how this happened in the first place. Ivy was a guest at an earlier graduation party and the other two haven't been (although Ricky almost was, he didn't come because he was in the Bin at the time waiting to move in). I think maybe that's the cause of it, in which case it's a major glitch, especially if it affects all the teens. A lot of the teens I plan on sending to Uni have already been there as guests, so if it happens to all of them we've all got a big problem!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 6:51 AM
You might need the inSIMenator.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...ght=inSIMenator

NOTE: The link above is for the EP inSIMenator.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:05 PM
Well, I have the Inseminator, but it doesn't stop the taxi coming and the inability to save, unfortunately. As I said, I can't save even with the Inseminator function. So, although I can get her back to a YA, I can't save it.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 5:37 PM
You can't even save by clicking anywhere and clicking to enable save?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 2:02 AM
I solved it by moving her into another dorm, one she'd never visited. She did fine there and has just graduated (4.0). Since then it's happened with another Sim, a townie this time. He'd already lived in the dorm and he got to know Lucy Burb there. As it isn't possible to move townies into dorms (no idea why), I got one of his Secret Society friends to move him into her house, then moved him back into the dorm. He managed one term, then he grew up. I had to exit out, then go back and get him to move out. He's in his own place now and doing fine. Lucy is back in the neighbourhood, patiently waiting.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem, but I certainly have it. Once they've visited a dorm, it seems they can never go there as a student.