Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 3:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, Into the Future
Default Skyboxes in CAW
Disclaimer: This is after about two days of testing, failing and seemingly endless internet searching to try and resolve this problem myself.

Can I export this mesh from Blender into the game?

So, with no meshing experience whatsoever, I have finally been able to create a skydome of sorts in Blender to place as a background in CAW. The texture on this skydome is a screenshot from Blade Runner (it's a futuristic city) and at this point, it looks pretty good. (I attached a screenshot but don't know if it's visible.)

My question is, essentially: how do I export this mesh from Blender into s3pe, then make it a package and use it in CAW? It sounded so simple at first but now I realize I have no idea what I'm doing.
Also, how do I make sure that it is the right size and that the lighting works(i.e. doesn't make the skydome look glitchy or overly dark)?

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who has ideas. I've run out of them.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:57 PM
http://modthesims.info/t/453818 - how to make it appear on CAW