Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 8:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why did my Sim leave?
I was playing with a household of 8 sims in a college dorm and they were all at their final exams. Then a message popped up saying 'It's time for Anastasia to go back to the real world' and when she came back from her exam she left in a taxi! Has anyone any idea why she left? It was her first exam but she got a A+ on it and wasn't on academic probation or anything, she just left! Any clues?

Click here for my creations! Includes toddler outfits, nighties, alien eyes, custom majors, the t-shirt in my avatar and much more!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 8:36 PM
Are you sure it was her first exam and not the final exam in senior? Also, did you by any chance exmatriculate her from the university and sent her back home?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 8:44 PM
Nope, none of the above. She was a freshman I'd just moved in today. And I definitely didn't send her home.
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 8:45 PM
I just did a thread on this the other day in Sim Chit-Chat. I got three responses that it had also happened to them. A sim will get the message about the "real world" and then after the exam (mine was mid-sophomore year) a taxi arrives and they turn into an adult. They then have NO university icon in their life stages.

One person was able to stop this from happening by quitting without saving and then moving the sim off the lot and then back on, before they took their exam.

Do any experts have any idea why this happens? Mine also occurred on a greek lot, but not with 8 people on it. The others didn't mention whether it was a Greek lot or not.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 4:28 AM Last edited by autumnfoxx : 6th Apr 2005 at 4:38 AM.
This is happening to me too and it's driving me insane. I'm only running 3 sims in a regular dorm, and it always happens during the freshman final exam (the first one.) It isn't a one time occurence either - it's happened twice now and I'm sure it will happen again. Hopefully we can get a fix because this is annoying as it gets.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 6:52 AM
Hehe - looks like Twojeffs has the solution. I posted on this same subject (before I realized there was a thread already started) and he answered... Thank you again, twojeffs! http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...ed=1#post351502

*edited to fix a spelling mistake - lol